Obtainable Point Guards this off-season

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which means that Booker will ask out by the end of it. You can see that he is sick of the team not improving.

Russell is Booker's best friend. You sign him and Booker goes nowhere. You sign him to hope for a championship in 3 years

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, you didn't fix anything, you just changed the message. The evidence (stats, PER etc.) says you are absolutely wrong about Tyler, your son's opinion notwithstanding. He has a PER just a little below that of a replacement player but his strength is defense and that isn't represented well by PER. He's grossly overpaid but why do you think Miami had to pay so much to keep him in the first place?

:Cheers:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Russell is Booker's best friend. You sign him and Booker goes nowhere. You sign him to hope for a championship in 3 years

I agree that if we actually improve the roster, especially at point guard and power forward, and especially if we sign Russell, Booker will be satisfied. I am talking about the seemingly more likely scenario where the Suns basically do nothing but draft White at 6 and some bench player at 32.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that if we actually improve the roster, especially at point guard and power forward, and especially if we sign Russell, Booker will be satisfied. I am talking about the seemingly more likely scenario where the Suns basically do nothing but draft White at 6 and some bench player at 32.

Very fair

My hope is we end up with Russell and take the super underrated Brandon Clarke

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Very fair

My hope is we end up with Russell and take the super underrated Brandon Clarke

Replace Brandon Clarke with Deandre Hunter, and I am all for it...though in either scenario we would still need a serviceable veteran starting power forward. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok. The Pels now have Ball, Jrue and are likely to resign Payton. They need a prolific scorer/shooter on the wing. Zion plays D and so does Ball. They are also in full rebuild mode with all those picks. Jrue has gone on record saying he resigned in NO to play alongside AD.

It seems to me that Jrue might be more attainable now than ever. TJ Warren is a really nice fit alongside Zion and Ball. He adds the shooting and scoring they need.

I think a trade with Warren for Jrue as the core makes a lot of sense . The Suns would have to throw in other assets to even the value out—maybe #6 and the Milwaukee pick. Maybe more.

A win-win scenario is possible here. Jrue is the best option for the Suns going forward.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. The Pels now have Ball, Jrue and are likely to resign Payton. They need a prolific scorer/shooter on the wing. Zion plays D and so does Ball. They are also in full rebuild mode with all those picks. Jrue has gone on record saying he resigned in NO to play alongside AD.

It seems to me that Jrue might be more attainable now than ever. TJ Warren is a really nice fit alongside Zion and Ball. He adds the shooting and scoring they need.

I think a trade with Warren for Jrue as the core makes a lot of sense . The Suns would have to throw in other assets to even the value out—maybe #6 and the Milwaukee pick. Maybe more.

A win-win scenario is possible here. Jrue is the best option for the Suns going forward.

If the rumor of NO taking White is to get the Suns to make an offer for their pick I think we have something Griffin wants. I would guess that's Jackson as he knows we're not dealing Booker or Ayton. He wanted Jackson in a Kyrie trade also. Perhaps we can work something out involving Jackson heading there for Holiday or in a deal to move up to #4? I think Jackson and #6 is too steep for the #4 pick. If they had #3 then I might consider it but not for #4.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If the rumor of NO taking White is to get the Suns to make an offer for their pick I think we have something Griffin wants. I would guess that's Jackson as he knows we're not dealing Booker or Ayton. He wanted Jackson in a Kyrie trade also. Perhaps we can work something out involving Jackson heading there for Holiday or in a deal to move up to #4? I think Jackson and #6 is too steep for the #4 pick. If they had #3 then I might consider it but not for #4.

I wouldn't trade anything to move up to 4 to draft White or Culver. Not...a...thing. Not even a future second round pick in 2030. Not even cash.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want Jrue, not the #4 pick. He is the right age and skill set to lead this young team.

What Griff wants is picks.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score

We might be able to package up future 1sts and JJ and Warren.

Honestly, I don't care about future 1sts. The way they've set up the lottery you might as well have the 13th spot as opposed to the 1st (Which is why they modified the structure after the Chris Webber to Orlando draft after they just drafted Shaq. Amazing they haven't learned from their past mistakes.). Plus, we should have an upward trajectory anyway so the draft picks SHOULD be in the 20's by the time they mature. If not, we're screwed anyways.

So send them whatever it takes to get Jrue minus the obvious.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Let's get something concrete that will fill an actual position on the floor right now instead of a lazy veteran (Hedo, Chili, Ariza) or another draft miss.

One step at a time. Booker, Ayton, somebody good. Let them be in the playoffs race in March 2020... We've suffered enough.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

you realize the centerpiece of that deal player-wise was a prolific/shooter on the wing in Ingraham, right? He's longer than Warren, he creates for himself and others and rebounds better as a SF. Why would they want Warren at the expense of Jrue considering this?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
you realize the centerpiece of that deal player-wise was a prolific/shooter on the wing in Ingraham, right? He's longer than Warren, he creates for himself and others and rebounds better as a SF. Why would they want Warren at the expense of Jrue considering this?

Because Ingram has a career-threatening medical condition.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because Ingram has a career-threatening medical condition.

if the Pels thought this was really a problem, they would have held out for Kuzma. All the talk in LA (where I live) is that the problem is under control and haven't heard a peep about a problem in months.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
if the Pels thought this was really a problem, they would have held out for Kuzma. All the talk in LA (where I live) is that the problem is under control and haven't heard a peep about a problem in months.

That's what they said about Chris Bosh as well. A year later, the condition returned full blast, and his career was over. The Pels were backed into a corner and made the trade out of desperation. Frankly, I think they got hosed.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We might be able to package up future 1sts and JJ and Warren.

Honestly, I don't care about future 1sts. The way they've set up the lottery you might as well have the 13th spot as opposed to the 1st (Which is why they modified the structure after the Chris Webber to Orlando draft after they just drafted Shaq. .

This is an interesting point. The value of future picks has changed. You seem to imply that they are now less valuable, but I’m not sure that that’s right.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's what they said about Chris Bosh as well. A year later, the condition returned full blast, and his career was over. The Pels were backed into a corner and made the trade out of desperation. Frankly, I think they got hosed.

A week ago it sounded like no one would trade for Ingram. Now suddenly he’s fine?

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
This is an interesting point. The value of future picks has changed. You seem to imply that they are now less valuable, but I’m not sure that that’s right.
Well, they are certainly less valuable at the top 3. The average percentage to land the #1 pick or a top 3 pick for the bottom 3 teams were both reduced by an average of about 30% (#1: from 20% to 14% and Top 3: 55% to 40%). IOW, they are on average 30% less valuable than in 2018.

(There's only about a 11% difference between the bottom team and the 10th worst team now.)

So if you think a team will be bottom 3 when the pick matures, it actually has less value than it used to.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Who just said, "We got Conley?"

Conley makes no sense for the Suns. Much better fit with the Jazz.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who just said, "We got Conley?"

Conley makes no sense for the Suns. Much better fit with the Jazz.

I am actually warming up to Conley when I hear the alternatives are if we are lucky Collison, or Corey Joseph. He's only under contract for 2 years.

The SBNation deal is not totally horrible - quite frankly I am just hoping for anything other than the Suns drafting Coby White.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Idea from CBS:

1. New Orleans deals Holiday to Phoenix for No. 6 pick
More Suns fun, because, frankly, it's time for them to be a real team, and Holiday would make them that. I know Booker is talked about as an off-ball player who would benefit from a point guard next to him, and that Holiday is a beast as a two-guard, too. But let's be real: Both these guys are more than capable, obviously, of initiating offense and can spread that duty out. Throw in Deandre Ayton, and that's a big-time trio that's locked up for the foreseeable future.

The Pelicans, meanwhile, enter a full youth movement after dealing Anthony Davis by acquiring the No. 6 pick, to pair along with the No. 4 pick, as the jewel of this trade. Bridges slots as a solid 3-and-D guy with ideal size and versatility on both ends, and again, maybe Josh Jackson pops. Warren makes the money work.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...o-happen-bradley-beal-to-celtics-or-pelicans/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose