2019 2nd round pick for Rosen is Andy Isabella WR

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Private red flag:

At the Combine, Isabella ran approx 4.6 on his first heat and then approx 4.5 the second time. There were a few comments by NFLN draft guys that Isabella boasted of 4.3? and 4.4? forty times earlier in the year.

Should we be worrying about forty times that are all over the lot. What's that all about?
I thought he ran a 4.3 at the combine?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Private red flag:

At the Combine, Isabella ran approx 4.6 on his first heat and then approx 4.5 the second time. There were a few comments by NFLN draft guys that Isabella boasted of 4.3? and 4.4? forty times earlier in the year.

Should we be worrying about forty times that are all over the lot. What's that all about?

No worries, he's from a small school where they usually time forties with a sundial... it just took him a bit to adjust to the combine :)

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Private red flag:

Those were the unofficial times which were later adjusted to 4.31.

abcard

Veteran
Reaction score
Don't forget the Smurf's from Washington in the 80's. They also had Randell-el and Santana Moss at the same time. Looking forward to Isabella flying around the field.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did he? If so, the unofficial NFLN times were way off the mark, and I apologize. (I got my info from rewatching the video of WR forty times - either they were wrong or I misread the numbers).

Clock started early on both his runs, just watching him move made those numbers look off because he appears to be flying. The video below shows the simulcast with Metcalf.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And Isabella and Butler each has a unique skill set that could help him find a productive role in the offense.

Because of his size, Isabella will be pegged as a slot receiver in the NFL, Bowen predicted, but Isabella has experience running a vertical route tree, and he can also run intermediate cuts such as crossers and square ends, screens, shallow crossers and square end cuts.

"If you're talking about using him from a slot alignment, run him up the seam and from an outside alignment, the deep post, run the deep quarter route because his speed is legit and his ability to separate from coverage is going to give Kyler more of an open window to throw," Bowen said.

Beyond Isabella's route tree, Bowen said the receiver's ability to run after the catch could make him an instant factor for Arizona.
http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcwest/po...or-cardinals-rookie-receivers-isabella-butler

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Jetstream Green

Reaction score

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He needs to take that machine with him past when that link was posted and work more on his catching than route running

Bordow said this while pumping Keesan but the other reporter on the Athletic listed Isabella as his top WR from camp and specifically put in his catching ability

Until the games start all opinions are colored by bias

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Bordow said this while pumping Keesan but the other reporter on the Athletic listed Isabella as his top WR from camp and specifically put in his catching ability

Until the games start all opinions are colored by bias

That's hilarious, why would I have any bias for the guy to fail coming out of U Mass when all I want is the Cardinals to win... and I do not need Bordow to tell me what my eyes see

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's hilarious, why would I have any bias for the guy to fail coming out of U Mass when all I want is the Cardinals to win... and I do not need Bordow to tell me what my eyes see

I am talking about reporters not you

Some reporters have said he is having an amazing camp catching the ball

Some have said others have.

I am just in a wait and see

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose