2019 NBA Playoff Discussion

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That was never going to happen. They had 2 backup PG's, VanVleet and Delon Wright. They traded Wright for Gasol, they weren't going to move VanVleet, they made their choice with that trade. They were loading up to win so they could retain Kawhi. It was a gamble but it paid off, even if Kawhi leaves, they got a title and I think their fans would take that even if he leaves.
I think Kawhi stays. Just my gut feeling. You have a winning team. You stay and try and hold serve.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Warriors went down fighting hard and the refs certainly can't be blamed, Warriors got a lot of favors late.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Toronto played well but I can't help but feel injuries gifted the championship to Toronto.
A team with 1 super star beat a team with a super star starting 5...forget the injuries. They just leveled the playing field...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
VanVleet was 5-11 from 3, I didn't think he missed 6 3's. If I didn't just see the stat I would have said he went 5-6 or 5-7. He was clutch in that 2nd half.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Toronto played well but I can't help but feel injuries gifted the championship to Toronto.

Winnings teams are often the contender who suffers the least misfortune. The Warriors title wins came against some really banged up teams, injuries are part of the game.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Still, the Toronto GM pushing all his chips into the pot, and he wins!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

then every single GS title was gifted to them also. Cleveland didn't have Kyrie or Kevin Love in 2015 in the Finals where they only won 4-2. Didn't face Kawhi after intentionally injuring him out of Game 1 of the WCF in 2017 when he was crushing them and had them down 20 in that game. Were down 2-3 against Houston last year but didn't have to face CP3 in the last two games of the WCF in 2018.

what comes around, goes around and it just did. injuries are part of the game. the playoffs are a war of attrition and the healthiest team at the end of it all usually wins. I take NOTHING away from ALL of those Warriors teams. They were bona-fide champions. So is this Raptors team.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Klay was the best player tonight by far!!! But his injury ended the game!!!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats Toronto! Never thought they would get one before the Suns but that was fun to watch!

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Gonna be some poutine eaten in Toronto tonight!

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I swear that Adam Silver sounds like Andy Kaufman. I know, it's a weird comparison but when I just hear his voice without watching him, all I hear is Andy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man... Kawhi is laughably boring. Dude's the new Tim Duncan.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kawhi wouldn't commit to staying in Toronto tonight. I hope he stays.