Haason Reddick or D.J. Humphries: Who has a better chance to finally breakout?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Ok....so what objectively do you point to for metrics than?

He didnt start, what? The first 3 or 4 games?

And a 61 grade is an average grade, 70 good player, 80 really good, and so on and so forth.
I don't think anything besides real statistics are objective. Especially not rankings. Just like years where Patrick Peterson is clearly the best CB in the league but doesn't get the "ranking" because he wasn't challenged enough to fairly work into their analytics.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Humphries

Not even a discussion. The question is who has the better chance.

I think Humphries has a better chance at staying healthy than Reddick does at figuring out how to play linebacker in the NFL.

Reddick is horrible, a severe and embarrassing bust of draft pick for the Cardinals. Yeah, 80 tackles last year, between the amount of time that defense was on the field, and the fact SOMEONE had to bring down the opposing offensive player I guess that is a feather in his hat.

What makes that even more sad is the realization he is only the 3rd worst 1st round pick from the Steve Keim era, with Cooper and Nkimbusty beating him out.....and Nkimbusty has had to put in quite an effort to surpass Reddick in draft bust embarrassment.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Total hyperbole.

You could probably mention 20 1st round picks over the last 3 decades worse than Reddick. 80 tackles, 4 sacks is not embarrassing.

Hes an average player. Not good for his draft position, but not terrible either.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't think anything besides real statistics are objective. Especially not rankings. Just like years where Patrick Peterson is clearly the best CB in the league but doesn't get the "ranking" because he wasn't challenged enough to fairly work into their analytics.

80 tackles and 4 sacks. That's objectively not terrible.

The argument that he is terrible or a below average player isnt backed up by what he has done lately.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
80 tackles and 4 sacks. That's objectively not terrible.

The argument that he is terrible or a below average player isnt backed up by what he has done lately.
"Watch the tape."

It's like Ronald McKinnon, back in the day. He may have piled up tackles, but they were 5 yards past the line of scrimmage, because he lacked the ability to really be a difference maker. I can almost guarantee that Reddick had more opportunities to "just be there and hold on," rather than being a playmaker. You need to look at more attacking plays and the kind of difference he makes when not just letting the ball come to him.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
"Watch the tape."

It's like Ronald McKinnon, back in the day. He may have piled up tackles, but they were 5 yards past the line of scrimmage, because he lacked the ability to really be a difference maker. I can almost guarantee that Reddick had more opportunities to "just be there and hold on," rather than being a playmaker. You need to look at more attacking plays and the kind of difference he makes when not just letting the ball come to him.
Reddick is not a good comparison to McKinnon, being a classic thumper ILB for his day while Reddick's problem is that he seems to lack instincts, can't anticipate the offense, but at least McKinnon knew where to fill the gap... he has similar physical ability of a Dansby or Washington, but it seems to stop there

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Reddick is not a good comparison to McKinnon, being a classic thumper ILB for his day while Reddick's problem is that he seems to lack instincts, can't anticipate the offense, but at least McKinnon knew where to fill the gap... he has similar physical ability of a Dansby or Washington, but it seems to stop there
It's probably unfair to compare McKinnon, who played his heart out here, but different limitations, similar results.

To be more positive, Adrian Wilson took some time to become the guy he was, so maybe the change to ILB full time in the Joseph offense is what is needed.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Watching Reddick I get the impression he just doesn't have good football instincts. He overruns or underruns plays, goes to the wrong gaps, takes bad routes to the ball carrier, etc. I don't think that's fixable. Hope I'm wrong.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Total hyperbole.

You could probably mention 20 1st round picks over the last 3 decades worse than Reddick. 80 tackles, 4 sacks is not embarrassing.

Hes an average player. Not good for his draft position, but not terrible either.
Total grandstanding.

Whether you think it is hyperbole or not, I beg to differ.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA