Haason Reddick or D.J. Humphries: Who has a better chance to finally breakout?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please don’t respond with “Neither. Get both off the team” or any other statement similar to that.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Humphries. He's shown flashes and just needs to stay healthy. He has all of the physical tools, and I think he'll mentally thrive with a player's coach like Kingsbury.

Reddick has nothing but athletic ability. I'm not blaming the kid, he maximized his position when getting picked, but he was overdrafted and poorly coached in terms of being cycled through positions and systems.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Honestly, neither. I think that if one is more likely to become a star, it’s Reddick. Vance would have to decide that the entire defense would be designed to feature him, like we did with Daryl Washington, another physical pheonom who could only do one thing.

I think Humphries is more likely to play though pain for 16 games in the hope of getting a $45 million payday.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Honestly, neither. I think that if one is more likely to become a star, it’s Reddick. Vance would have to decide that the entire defense would be designed to feature him, like we did with Daryl Washington, another physical pheonom who could only do one thing.

I think Humphries is more likely to play though pain for 16 games in the hope of getting a $45 million payday.
Props for skipping over "don't say 'neither,'" haha. But, I'm with you on the Humphries thing. We totally lose the guy next offseason, in my opinion. I bet he plays very well and gets into a situation where he's going to get paid more than we can offer. And our OL stays in the same fluctuation point where we have to sign a mediocre player or draft one too high.

God, I'm sick of being so negative. Reddick is going to set the league on fire and set the record for sacks from an ILB! Harrison and Humphries are both going to look great and continue on with team friendly deals that give us the best tackle depth in the league! Gigi Hadid is going to ask me to marry her and will buy me a mint copy of Amazing Fantasy #15!

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Humphies is a legitimate NFL starter. Reddick is the worst first round pick of the Keim era (which says a lot). The real question is whether Nkemdiche will contribute AT ALL this season. He has the most to prove

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Humphries, but only if he stays healthy all season.

Reddick will stay healthy and be a contributor, though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Reddick, because he’s not injury-prone like Humphries

Reddick is worthless on the field even when healthy. I would like to see him contribute on special teams this year. Completely incapable of understanding an NFL scheme

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Reddick is worthless on the field even when healthy. I would like to see him contribute on special teams this year. Completely incapable of understanding an NFL scheme

Hyperbole. Hes an average NFL player, with potential to be a lot better.

I vote Reddick because I just dont think Humphries can stay healthy.

And if he does? Franchise tag next year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Hyperbole. Hes an average NFL player, with potential to be a lot better.

I vote Reddick because I just dont think Humphries can stay healthy.

And if he does? Franchise tag next year.
Like average on an NFL roster? Because he’s a below average starter.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think Reddick can become a solid NFL starter at ILb

Humphries? even when healthy-- it seems he has a couple snaps a game where he gives up a straight run at the QB

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Like average on an NFL roster? Because he’s a below average starter.

Says you. He had 80 tackles last year. I know you dont care for PFF much, but they rate him an average starter.

Definitely a disappointment for a fairly high 1st round pick.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Reddick will have to come from further back in the pack. Humphries has shown more than him to date (which is kind of damming in itself).

Humphries has a shorter distance to go to get to a "break out" level of performance, and thus it makes sense to pick him.

Are both guys in contract years, or just Humphries?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Reddick will have to come from further back in the pack. Humphries has shown more than him to date (which is kind of damming in itself).

Humphries has a shorter distance to go to get to a "break out" level of performance, and thus it makes sense to pick him.

According the over the cap, just Humphries.
Reddick comes off the books after the 2020 season.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Says you. He had 80 tackles last year. I know you dont care for PFF much, but they rate him an average starter.

Definitely a disappointment for a fairly high 1st round pick.

Pointing to an unofficial stat on a mediocre defense and a bad run defense. Very exciting.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-front-seven-rankings-all-32-teams-after-17-weeks

The Cardinals’ front seven was about as uninspiring a unit as there was in the NFL. Even young players they were hoping to see take a step forward failed to perform. Former first-rounders Haason Reddick and Robert Nkemdiche earned grades of 61.3 and 59.5 overall, respectively. Nkemdiche notched all of 10 pressures in 10 games. [/QUOTE[

They sound very high on him.

I think the Cards have to make a decision on Reddick's fifth-year option after this season -- next January, maybe? So it's a hard contract year for D.J. and a soft contract year for Reddick.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe it is Reddick since he will have superior talent around him so he has an easier path to success.

One of them "breaking out" would be huge though. A lot better than just "breaking" like last year.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Neither get both off the team

Hahahahhaha

Humphries because Kyler is mobile and hell improve this Oline

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Humphries has a better chance to break since he's already there as a legit starter when he actually plays and Reddick a better chance to break out

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

I'm with K9 on this. Not sure Hump can get through 16 games even with trying to play through pain.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Humphries

Not even a discussion. The question is who has the better chance.

I think Humphries has a better chance at staying healthy than Reddick does at figuring out how to play linebacker in the NFL.

Reddick is horrible, a severe and embarrassing bust of draft pick for the Cardinals. Yeah, 80 tackles last year, between the amount of time that defense was on the field, and the fact SOMEONE had to bring down the opposing offensive player I guess that is a feather in his hat.

What makes that even more sad is the realization he is only the 3rd worst 1st round pick from the Steve Keim era, with Cooper and Nkimbusty beating him out.....and Nkimbusty has had to put in quite an effort to surpass Reddick in draft bust embarrassment.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Injuries and durability aside, if the light hasn't come on by year 3 for a player it likely never will. Humphries is what he is. A 5th year pro who has to be considered a bust at this point.

Reddick is entering year 3 so there's still upside there IMO.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA