Duke Johnson asking for a trade. Would you do it?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This subject came up a couple of months ago but the Browns said they had no interest in trading him.

He is a stud and he would definitely put somebody out of a job. He could step in if DJ got hurt. Not sure Edmonds and Foster or ? can carry the load. If they would take a fifth or sixth pick I would do it in a heartbeat.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd trade DJ straight up for him.

Get rid of DJ's contract (there's overpaid...and there's ridiculously overpaid - That's DJ) AND a player who's done nothing for 2 years.
Duke's hungry and plays hard every game

You can bet on a player who's hungry and playing lights out or a guy who played well 3 years ago....2 years ago he was hurt all season...1 year ago he ran for 52 yards a game and fell down as soon as he was touched.

I'll take Duke if they'd do the deal

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nobody would mind having Duke on the team, but don't discount David Johnson. Out injured in one thing, in 2017.
Last year there was no chance to be successful. Poor coaching, decimated line, rookie QB with no passing game. He never even made it to the
line of scrimmage.

If our line holds up health-wise this year, I think DJ will quickly become Kyler's favorite weapon and we'll see some electric offense this year.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Get rid of DJ's contract (there's overpaid...and there's ridiculously overpaid - That's DJ) AND a player who's done nothing for 2 years.

You can bet on a player who's hungry and playing lights out or a guy who played well 3 years ago....2 years ago he was hurt all season...1 year ago he ran for 52 yards a game and fell down as soon as he was touched.

LMAo

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You are insane.

Duke is a glorified version of DJ Foster. David Johnson is a stud top 5 Running Back.

If you really do not understand last years performance was 80% due to terrible coaching, and 20% due to a terrible O-line you do not understand football at all.

He is going to be at least as good as 2016 this year if Kingsbury is anywhere near the coach I think he is.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

What!?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Since when have we been shocked at @ARZCardinals' hot takes/trolling?

I mean, he switched his icon from the Chargers to a wave, but let's be real here, he either wants a rise out of us, or is legitimately crazy.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Since when have we been shocked at @ARZCardinals' hot takes/trolling?

I mean, he switched his icon from the Chargers to a wave, but let's be real here, he either wants a rise out of us, or is legitimately crazy.
Lol
You 100% didn’t watch DJ last season
That’s a fact
You can cry and complain but the fact is DJ, other than getting just over $24,000 per yard per carry last season fell on arm tackles and had no heart
Hate that I’m not a blow hard blind fan...but I’ll toss the facts

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol
That’s a fact
You can cry and complain but the fact is DJ, other than getting just over $24,000 per yard per carry last season fell on arm tackles and had no heart
To get what DJ got out of last year was beyond incredible. I’d worry about your two injured guys last year. DJ is going to be just fine barring injury.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I would call and offer a sixth. But duke wants to be a starter...his issue in Cleveland is chubb and hunt taking touches. Of course here we could run single back and split dj to the slot...
Yeah...offer a sixth and let them haggle to a fifth if you have to

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Besides he keeps talking and they are just going to cut him anyway.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would call and offer a sixth. But duke wants to be a starter...his issue in Cleveland is chubb and hunt taking touches. Of course here we could run single back and split dj to the slot...
Yeah...offer a sixth and let them haggle to a fifth if you have to
I don’t think he wants to be the starter, I just think he wants more touches than he’s going to receive. He’s not going to get any once Kareem is off of suspension.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol
That’s a fact
You should find a different forum. Your nonsense of calling us blow hards because we wouldn't trade and elite talent for a mediocre back is a bad joke.

Sent from MrYeahBut's phone using Tapatalk

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last year the Chargers, Chiefs and Steelers all lost their top two backs and didn’t miss a beat. Duke is an all around back. Foster looked good until getting injured but can he be the guy if our top two backs go down?

This offense appears to be one that is going to get the ball in our playmakers hands. He has averaged 60 receptions a year and when given the opportunity has averaged nearly 5 ypc. He did this on a terrible Browns team.

The one unknown factor is just how good the other backs in camp appear ready to make the team. I’ll take Duke for a sixth right now.