Carson Palmer and the ring of honor.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Your opinion and you're entitled to is just as I'm entitled to mine. IMO Q put his own interests ahead of the team then made the comment that "once a Raven always a Raven" essentially crapping on every fan for this team. He can go into Baltimore's ring of honor then.
lol I love how you throw the “my opinion” shtick when you feel threatened.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Does he not hold some Cardinal passing records? Also, just because a guy is recent does not make it justify for one to say he does not belong. I would like to see Lomax in the Ring of Honor if he's not, but that does not give me any bias for keeping Palmer out

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very pleased to see Carson going into the Ring Of Honor. He absolutely deserves it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I was as big a Palmer supporter as anyone but don't think he should be inducted, but happy for him.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'd seriously take Frank Sanders over Q....it's about honor...Q is lacking that
Oh c'mon man......

This is Vince McMahon level panties in a bunch stuff.

Anquan Boldin is one of the greatest Cards of all time. Not top 4 or even top 6 or 7, but top 10 to 15? No freaking doubt. I will not let one emotional outburst ruin his legacy. He made a mistake, sure..... We all have...... but dude........ This is ANQUAN FREAKING BOLDIN!!!

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the brass is just looking for some good feels after last season's bitterness.

How about just winning games or being simply competitive instead of elevating a decent QB to, what amounts to being, the organization's hall of fame?

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm with a lot of people here, I don't see how he deserves it on the back of one playoff win. But, he's a good guy, so my complaints are limited.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We have to be honest here, relationships between the team & player matter too regardless how we feel about that as a factor. It does!

I hear ya TJ, but there are a lot more players more deserving over #37 (yes I was a huge fan):

1) Jim Bakken-all time leading scorer & likely will be forever. 17 years of service & all decade player in 60’s & 70’s...let that sink in!

2) Jackie Smith-HOF & probably the greatest TE in history until guys like Winslow, Sharpe & Gonzalez came around.

3) OJ Anderson-still the all time leading rusher & by a landslide.

4) Conrad Dobler-the nastiest & best OG the Cards ever had

5) Freddie Joe Nunn-underrated & still the all Time sack leader

Etc etc etc.

Without knowing all the details why others can’t seem to get in, some of the guys listed above have bad feelings towards the organization or/and vice versa. It’s a FACT with Jackie Smith & Dobler. Same with Quan & his NFC Championship tirade & contract situation. At some point I’m quite sure Los gets in & so will Dockett & Q.

The top 3 I listed are head & shoulders the player & value to the franchise that Centers was imo. Let’s hope at some point in our lifetime as well as these players we love get their well deserved tribute. As morbid as it may be when I said it, it make take Mr B’s death to make it a reality.
I don’t argue with anything you said. However I think the organization wants more ARIZONA Cardinals up there. Guys local ticket buyers recognize.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Oh c'mon man......

This is Vince McMahon level panties in a bunch stuff.

Anquan Boldin is one of the greatest Cards of all time. Not top 4 or even top 6 or 7, but top 10 to 15? No freaking doubt. I will not let one emotional outburst ruin his legacy. He made a mistake, sure..... We all have...... but dude........ This is ANQUAN FREAKING BOLDIN!!!
You’re whitewashing it. I loved me some boldin, but (a) his emotional outburst was at the apex of cardinals history - literally and undeniably worst possible moment for a dude to go selfish; and (b) it wasn’t just one emotional outburst as you’re claiming otherwise we wouldn’t have the “always a raven bs.” He harbors bad feelings for the organization. That’s the dude you expect the organization to honor? Sheesh.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
They spoke about all of this on the Cards Underground podcast this week. I think the division is everywhere on this decision, but Urban made it clear that relationship to the front office plays a significant role in the selection process.

they also went through his resume (Highest winning % for a QB in Cards histroy, etc.) and there is a debate to be had when your hear it in totality.

I just keep going back to 5 years...... Only twice playing a full 16 game schedule....... Two huge season ending injuries........ Very poor playoff performances.....And finally, only one playoff win. This is the classic "is Gayle Sayers or Barry Sanders a hall of famer" with only XX years of service type of convo.

The podcast kept going back to intangibles, total leadership, and fighting through pain and injury week after week.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
You’re whitewashing it. I loved me some boldin, but (a) his emotional outburst was at the apex of cardinals history - literally and undeniably worst possible moment for a dude to go selfish; and (b) it wasn’t just one emotional outburst as you’re claiming otherwise we wouldn’t have the “always a raven bs.” He harbors bad feelings for the organization. That’s the dude you expect the organization to honor? Sheesh.
I would be hard pressed to find anyone who wants their worst emotional impulses broadcast during the NFC Championship. And I still find blame to lie with both Q and Haley. Forgiveness is honorable IMO when measured up to the total body of work.

The Raven comment is being blown way out of proportion. He was fighting for his contract to not be voided. If millions of dollars were in play......I would say quite a few things in that situation to try and make an impact with the front office. And he then immediately contradicted it and played for 4 more years, showing that it was all for show IMO.

"For me that's not something that I worry about," Boldin said on NBC Sports Network's "Pro Football Talk" on Friday. "I think you go out and let your play speak for itself. You deal with that if you have to, but, I think for me -- I know for me -- Baltimore is the only place I want to play. It's the last place that I will play. For me, I'll retire a Raven, I'm not putting on any other uniform.

"I won't play in another uniform. We have a saying, once a Raven, always a Raven, and I'll always be a Raven."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...boldin-says-hell-retire-if-released-by-ravens

Maybe time will give it more perspective but damn....... this is the dude with the HOF thread devoted to how he played the game in the Red & White.

I will never forget the 7 years he was here. And how Fitz was always in his shadow. Even when he was clearly better than Quan by the end.

When he officially retired, I pulled out his Jersey and immediately reclaimed him as a CARDINAL. And I may wear that Jersey to Baltimore just to OWN the Ravens.

:cards::newcards:

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
They spoke about all of this on the Cards Underground podcast this week. I think the division is everywhere on this decision, but Urban made it clear that relationship to the front office plays a significant role in the selection process.

they also went through his resume (Highest winning % for a QB in Cards histroy, etc.) and there is a debate to be had when your hear it in totality.

I just keep going back to 5 years...... Only twice playing a full 16 game schedule....... Two huge season ending injuries........ Very poor playoff performances.....And finally, only one playoff win. This is the classic "is Gayle Sayers or Barry Sanders a hall of famer" with only XX years of service type of convo.

The podcast kept going back to intangibles, total leadership, and fighting through pain and injury week after week.

I'm excited to listen to it; you know it's a pretty questionable decision when even the Voice of Sauron is indifferent or debating it.

Those rate stats hide that Palmer hardly played here. I guess the counter-argument is that Kurt Warner is in the Ring of Honor. He won fewer games and had a worse record here.

I think the weirdest thing is the timing. Palmer retired 15 months ago. Wouldn't it make more sense to wait a year or two and then reconsider this? I very much doubt that I'm going to be telling my kids about what it was like watching Carson Palmer play.

Twelve months ago there were people here saying "Actually I expect Sam Bradford to outperform Carson Palmer" in a non-joking way. You'll be able to tell the history of the Arizona Cardinals without mentioning Warner. Dansby and Dockett have a stronger argument to make.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
:lame:

Do the Cards really not have any more good historical players that they can induct? Palmer had one good season with us and ended the last two seasons on IR.

One good season qualifies you for the Ring of Honor. When does Andre Ellington get in?

Anquan Boldin must've said no.

OOOPH! Blow the belt Kerouac.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA