Carson Palmer and the ring of honor.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The only area I would differ is his popularity. Some, like me, will never forget him walking off the field with his panties in a bunch instead of celebrating with his team which had just earned a trip to the Super Bowl. That didn't sit too well with me.

I have a lot of memories of Boldin. Being a huge part of the turnaround, putting up elite numbers, playing with screws in his head etc.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a lot of memories of Boldin. Being a huge part of the turnaround, putting up elite numbers, playing with screws in his head etc.
But in the end, Q was for Q and not the team. Again, him storming off the field while his team celebrated entry to it's first Super Bowl will forever be ingrained in my mind.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How about putting the Josh McCown/Nate Poole duo in the ROH?? That play got us the future HOF Fitzgerald!!
We get Fitz regardless. Green's mind was already made up. Hell, even if we lose that game, we trade down and grab Fitz.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
HOFers tend to be pretty solid character guys... Can you pick a current ROH member who was of questionable character?
Hard to tell because back in the day there was no social media. Athletes back in the day were heavy drinkers. It's said that Max McGee played Super Bowl 1 with a bad hangover. The baseball hall of fame is filled with guys of questionable characters and I'm quite sure that every player in Canton wasn't a choir boy.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t care. The good outweighed one bad day.
Your opinion and you're entitled to is just as I'm entitled to mine. IMO Q put his own interests ahead of the team then made the comment that "once a Raven always a Raven" essentially crapping on every fan for this team. He can go into Baltimore's ring of honor then.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Your opinion and you're entitled to is just as I'm entitled to mine. IMO Q put his own interests ahead of the team then made the comment that "once a Raven always a Raven" essentially crapping on every fan for this team. He can go into Baltimore's ring of honor then.

I never felt crapped on as a fan but yeah agree to disagree.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Carson and all, but I do not think he deserves induction into the ring of honor. To me that devalues it, and sets a pretty low standard.

He had one year as a top 10 qb, all the rest he was around 20th qb - that is just not good enough for this kind of award IMO.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He's #3 in wins, #4 in yards and TDs and #2 by .8 in QB Rating in franchise history. Second highest winning percentage of QB's with more then 1 start @ .633 only behind Drew Stanton's .692. Records of the 6 QBs with winning records in franchise history 38-21-1 CP, 36-28-5 Charlie Johnson, 9-4 Drew Stanton, 5-3 Jay Schroeder, 3-2 Ralph Gugilemi and 1-0 George Izo. One of only 3 QBs with a playoff win. Plus all around great guy. Sad history of QBs but he belongs in my opinion.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will say this, if he didnt go down the all or nothing year we might have a super bowl ring.
He didn't go down in the all or nothing year. We went 13-3 that year then got stomped in the NFC championship game with him throwing 4 INT's.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He didn't go down in the all or nothing year. We went 13-3 that year then got stomped in the NFC championship game with he throwing 4 INT's.
I thought the year Lindley was playing late int he playoffs was the all or nothing year

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's #3 in wins, #4 in yards and TDs and #2 by .8 in QB Rating in franchise history. Second highest winning percentage of QB's with more then 1 start @ .633 only behind Drew Stanton's .692. Records of the 6 QBs with winning records in franchise history 38-21-1 CP, 36-28-5 Charlie Johnson, 9-4 Drew Stanton, 5-3 Jay Schroeder, 3-2 Ralph Gugilemi and 1-0 George Izo. One of only 3 QBs with a playoff win. Plus all around great guy. Sad history of QBs but he belongs in my opinion.
thats the thing, it just speaks to our sad history is all

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was kinda on the fence until Carson said this:

Carson Palmer to the Cardinals Ring of Honor, despite just five years in AZ. He says, “I wish I would’ve gotten there earlier.” https://t.co/tUtI65B0Pz

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) June 4, 2019

I wish we had gone directly from Warner to Palmer myself. Would have been a much smoother transition from one journeyman QB to another...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it speaks to our rich tradition that we consistently celebrate and induct quarterbacks who spent their twilight years here lol

I'm for it because in recent memory, he crushed it for us, especially the all or nothing season but I still find it funny. I'm sure most teams do not induct 5 year players into their ring of honor.

I personally don't think he belongs.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Dockett chimes in

Last edited:

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Appreciate what Palmer did here but put in the ROH?

Not deserving in my book. But, congrats to him anyway.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Leaving the NFC Championship out the back door with Drew Rosenhaus. He will never get inducted nor should he.

Last edited:

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He didn't go down in the all or nothing year. We went 13-3 that year then got stomped in the NFC championship game with him throwing 4 INT's.
Didn't go down but I think that finger injury had a big impact on the rest of the season. Thru the Phily game he had gone 171 attempts over 19 qtrs. w/o throwing a pick. He had 9 picks on the year. Then after the finger, over the last 2 regular season games and the 2 playoff games he throws 8 ints. and 3 of the 4 games his comp % was less then his season avg.

Last edited:

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hells yeeeah, you be truthin'. 'Sol political, Dock. Don' let no one tell ya to put on a suit. Ball don' matter.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I really don't get this one. Politics plays a big role I'm sure.

I just don't want the ROH to turn into the Basketball Hall of Fame. And that is a total joke. Mitch Richmond? Really????

And Anquan absolutely deserves it. I think there is spilt milk on both sides of that relationship. But the man is one of three Cards to win the Man of the Year award. He absolutely should be in.

With all of that being said though........Larry Centers & Conrad Dobler are also complete travesties.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson