OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Carson Palmer To Be Inducted Into Cardinals Ring Of Honor
It took basically a sixth-round pick for the Cardinals to trade for Carson Palmer back in 2013, and the hype around the move about equaled the price.

But the veteran quarterback had a rebirth in Arizona – peaking with an MVP-quality season in 2015 when he led the Cards to the NFC Championship game – and led to Tuesday’s announcement that Palmer would be inducted into the team’s Ring of Honor this season.

The ceremony will take place at State Farm Stadium Sept. 29 when the Cardinals host the Seahawks.

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/carson-palmer-to-be-inducted-into-cardinals-ring-of-honor

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

scott bordow
@sbordow

·
4m

Palmer will be honored Sept. 29 at halftime of game against Seattle. He played 5 years in Arizona, holds single-season record for passing yards (4,671), TDs (35) and passer rating (104.6), set in 2015. Led team to 2015 NFC championship game. 38-21-1 record during time in Arizona.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it speaks to our rich tradition that we consistently celebrate and induct quarterbacks who spent their twilight years here lol

I'm for it because in recent memory, he crushed it for us, especially the all or nothing season but I still find it funny. I'm sure most teams do not induct 5 year players into their ring of honor.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Carson was pretty darn good here and I appreciate his contribution to the team, but that NFC Championship performance keeps him out of my personal ROH for Cards.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
:lame:

Do the Cards really not have any more good historical players that they can induct? Palmer had one good season with us and ended the last two seasons on IR.

One good season qualifies you for the Ring of Honor. When does Andre Ellington get in?

Anquan Boldin must've said no.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
As was stated earlier, it just speaks to our poor history. I give Palmer great credit for what he did here. But virtually no other team would have him in their ring of honor for his cardinals contributions. That said, I don’t begrudge him for getting it and I’m happy for him.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
it speaks to our rich tradition that we consistently celebrate and induct quarterbacks who spent their twilight years here lol

I'm for it because in recent memory, he crushed it for us, especially the all or nothing season but I still find it funny. I'm sure most teams do not induct 5 year players into their ring of honor.

Yeah, this is weird. But whatever.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I like Palmer, but to put him in before guys like Larry Centers is criminal. There has to be an ulterior motive here.

Maybe Larry Centers said no, too. How many people do you think the Cards had to call before the decided on Palmer?

You don't have to induct someone into the Ring of Honor every year. They should induct Edge James next year.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
:lame:

Do the Cards really not have any more good historical players that they can induct? Palmer had one good season with us and ended the last two seasons on IR.

One good season qualifies you for the Ring of Honor. When does Andre Ellington get in?

Anquan Boldin must've said no.

If Boldin was even asked...

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe Larry Centers said no, too. How many people do you think the Cards had to call before the decided on Palmer?

You don't have to induct someone into the Ring of Honor every year. They should induct Edge James next year.
Doubt if any player would turn down the honor.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Larry Centers, Anquan Boldin, Darnell Dockett, Karlos Dansby were all solid Cardinals players that IMO are more deserving than Palmer.

I highly doubt Boldin or the Cards even want it. Dockett's relationship with the team has been volatile, to say the least, so I'm not sure if he'd be welcomed. Dansby is a strange case just because he kept leaving and coming back.

The one player on that list who needs to be in the RoH is Centers.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was tough as a $2 steak!!! Very good QB for Big Red despite some of his critics here.

If only he didn’t tear his ACL when we were rolling...who knows.
We probably get smacked in the divisional round. We didn’t have consistent pass-rush that year at all.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Palmer? Really? Sorry Q...