Cardinals re-sign Gunter

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
I think this is a great signing. He will be a starter adds help in what is the weakest spot on the team. Cards just need to add two more DL that would give them a solid six with RN being 5th or 6th on the depth chart.

Darius
Peters
Gunter
DRAFT PICK
F/A waiver wire pick up
RN

If Cards go

1st rd QB Murray
2nd WR Kneal if he is not on board best WR available
3rd BPA CB or DL
4TH BPA CB or DL
5-7 BPA

They will find a quality rotation DL or two the can help turn the position into one of strength.
With this DL F/A cycle being a good one and the depth in this draft, a few solid DL will be cut. Cards have the first waiver rights

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of the most overrated players on this board gets no interest in free agency, comes back for nothing, and remains wildly overrated.

It should speak volumes to fans about Gunter's value that no team was willing to potentially endanger a 6th round comp pick to sign him.
Also says something that his closest thing to a good season was in both a contract year and a different system.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Gunter is a victim of timing. Loads of DL free agents and the deepest DL draft class possibly ever.

Looking at him what others are paid, I think he's worth more, but limited demand.

Bingo. Why give a FA guaranteed money when he might not make the roster?

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Read he never received any offers from other teams during the off season.
That is Actually not true. He had offers. Just much lower than expected. The Packers offered more than he signed for with the Cardinals.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really thought he was going to be overpaid based on what Kareem Martin got in NY. I guess that was a bad comparison because a) Martin's position is more valuable and b) there could be a factor of Betcher wanting to work with someone familiar.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson