Let's talk wideouts

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
A lot of talk about the rookies, and understandably so, but I’m most excited to see Kirk take a step forward as a sophomore and with a better offense (hopefully).
Man, Kirk is my hidden figure. Chemistry with Murray from the A&M days? Check. Solid rookie performance? Check. Offensive fit? Double and triple check.

The only darksider take I have here is that Isabella plays the spot Kirk's designed for. But I don't even care, I'm amped about both guys. KK's offense is probably the only place both of them can work together.

I'll be drafting CK in many a fantasy league.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I like White for the mere reason he sound like a down to earth intelligent guy, without saying the word 'definitely' every second sentence lol

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm with you on 7, and the guys selected.

As far as the rookies go, I think Isabella and Butler kinda split it for different reasons. I think Butler's size means he'll see the field a little more often, since he contributes something the rest of the roster can't. But I think Isabella is a little more polished. I'm sure one will be better in yardage, one better in receptions, I just don't know yet.
Every team Hal Mumme had at Kentucky he used a lot of WR's because they needed to rotate & rest due to running all those routes in the "Air Raid". Usually about 10 WR's. You're allowed 85 scholarships in college so they could have more. In the NFL with a 53 man roster I would say 7-8 would be about right. The "Air Raid" does require bodies at WR for sure.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I dunno, Bryant Johnson was drafted in the first round and used these instead of hands...

You must be registered for see images attach
Cards traded Suggs for those skillets.
HOFer traded for 2 skillets and a bag of magic beans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How tight is the correlation between catching production in college and effectiveness receiving as a pro?

i.e. are receivers always "born" and not made?

Not that college performance doesn't count at all, but 'd be inclined to see how Butler, Isabella and Johnson do as rookies rather than base everything on how they did in college.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it all depends on who can stand out on special teams. I think the cards could carry 8 if the 8th guy can excel on teams.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
I’d guess 7: Fitzgerald, Kirk, Isabella, Butler, Johnson, Sherfield & White.

Ding DING!! Although I still question who will return kicks out of this group besides Kirk.

Other returners include Cooper, Logan, & Byrd

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like a Sherfield over White cause Sherfield won’t turn into glass once you touch him. I like his open field ability & he has good speed. Decent frame & younger as well.

He’s a much more natural WR than Byrd & Cooper.

It’s just a matter on what he’s doing on Special Teams.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why?

Cooper has been a Pro Bowl returner.

Because that is all he can do - and we have other players who can do kick returns like Logan, Isabella, Kirk.

I don't value kickoff return guys much at all anymore either - how many returns do they even actually get anymore - very few.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Because that is all he can do - and we have other players who can do kick returns like Logan, Isabella, Kirk.

I don't value kickoff return guys much at all anymore either - how many returns do they even actually get anymore - very few.

Byrd isn't even as good as Cooper as a return man. He wasn't as good at the real USC (South Carolina) either.

Like...he's never been as good as Cooper, he's a scrub bruh.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I like a Sherfield over White cause Sherfield won’t turn into glass once you touch him. I like his open field ability & he has good speed. Decent frame & younger as well.

He’s a much more natural WR than Byrd & Cooper.

It’s just a matter on what he’s doing on Special Teams.

I dunno, I just like Kevin's experience with the offense and top potential. Although, I feel very sad every time I see Sherfield's team picture, and would just like to see the poor guy smile when he makes the team.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dunno, I just like Kevin's experience with the offense and top potential. Although, I feel very sad every time I see Sherfield's team picture, and would just like to see the poor guy smile when he makes the team.

Does experience & potential really matter if he’s never on the field to showcase it though?

That’s Trent’s business face tbh.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Post of the month. That is easily the saddest player picture I’ve ever seen. Is he trying to look tough?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Something to consider, could be many of us are giving up on Chad Williams a little soon. Maybe because he shares Brandon's last name, and similar draft position but unlike Brandon, coming from a small school there were elements that the light was trying to come on in our crapaclious offense when given a chance

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Something to consider, could be many of us are giving up on Chad Williams a little soon. Maybe because he shares Brandon's last name, and similar draft position but unlike Brandon, coming from a small school there were elements that the light was trying to come on in our crapaclious offense when given a chance

He good speed and...…. well that's all I have seen so far. Hopefully this offense fits his skill set better and he has improved route running etc etc.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score

I can’t speak for anyone else but giving up on Chad Williams has nothing to do with his name and draft position. Id love to be surprised and see him developed but the chances of that to me are slim to none and I’m leaning towards none.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude

He's terrible

He's had two years and I don't remember a single highlight

Sent from MrYeahBut's phone using Tapatalk

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude

He's terrible

He's had two years and I don't remember a single highlight

Sent from MrYeahBut's phone using Tapatalk
Only highlight he has is catching Rosen’s first NFL TD.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose