Per Rapoport: After 16 years Terrell Suggs is coming home to AZ

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
When I say its lazy, I am not saying hes eating bon bons in his recliner. It's simply lazy to not come to the OTAs as a veteran leader. Thats why Fitz is there.

I don't really care much, I'm just saying it's lazy. If you pay me fat money to come perform but also be an example, I am going to show up and honor my commitment. It's just lazy.

I guess what you call being lazy, I call being efficient for when the games count

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Comprehensive list of players who should be at OTAs:

• Players with < 5 years experience
  • Players on the bottom of the depth chart
  • Players coming off of injury (even this is debatable)
  • Players coming to a new team who want to learn the defense inside and out, establish chemistry with new teammates, and demonstrate that they're willing to do everything possible to help the team win.
We've seen too many players come to Arizona for an early "paid retirement". Suggs may not "need" to be at the OTAs, but his absence is disappointing.

...dbs

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
  • Players coming to a new team who want to learn the defense inside and out, establish chemistry with new teammates, and demonstrate that they're willing to do everything possible to help the team win.
We've seen too many players come to Arizona for an early "paid retirement". Suggs may not "need" to be at the OTAs, but his absence is disappointing.

...dbs
Agreed.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

...dbs

You can be disappointed, but in the grand scheme of things, it really isn’t a big deal. I don’t remember who was and who wasn’t in attendance for OTAs last season.

No one pitches a fit that Larry Fitzgerald doesn’t practice on Wednesdays during the actual season, and those are mandatory attendance.

For all of your concerns w/ chemistry and learning the defense, there’s plenty of time for that, and Suggs has played in the 3-4 before, so it’s not like he’s learning a whole new defense.

If Suggs doesn’t succeed in Arizona, it wont be because he didn’t attend OTAs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson