Kingsbury. Close to the vest.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love hearing KK speak. It is apparent he is not showing any of his cards, no pun intended.

We’re working through the process, we’re going to do what works, we’re going to put our guys in a position to succeed. That’s all we consistently hear as we yearn for more.

“ Hey coach, what rookies have impressed you the most?”. His answer? “Really I’m impressed with the work ethic of all of them.”

As much as we hunger to see how things will unfold we are not even going to get a morsel of information until our first pre-season game and even that won’t be much.

I’m really liking this guy. As someone once said, “He’s as cool as the other side of the pillow.”

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Love hearing KK speak. It is apparent he is not showing any of his cards, no pun intended.

We’re working through the process, we’re going to do what works, we’re going to put our guys in a position to succeed. That’s all we consistently hear as we yearn for more.

“ Hey coach, what rookies have impressed you the most?”. His answer? “Really I’m impressed with the work ethic of all of them.”

As much as we hunger to see how things will unfold we are not even going to get a morsel of information until our first pre-season game and even that won’t be much.

I’m really liking this guy. As someone once said, “He’s as cool as the other side of the pillow.”

And there are 31 other head coaches probably saying the same thing. All this talk from any coach at this point is worthless. What else are they going to tell the press> Their not going to say this one rookie sucks and we made a mistake taking him. Four games into the is when you will know what kind of team you have and it's makeup.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

I don’t think we will ever hear “The system works” and the “players need to execute” under Kliff. I had enough of that nonsense under Whisenhunt and Wilks. It’s refreshing. I have a feeling that if it doesn’t work out, he won’t be the problem

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don’t think we will ever hear “The system works” and the “players need to execute” under Kliff. I had enough of that nonsense under Whisenhunt and Wilks. It’s refreshing. I have a feeling that if it doesn’t work out, he won’t be the problem
Really? I feel like we're already hearing that.

Originally I was optimistic about the hire, but the way some things are coming together concerns me a little. I'm not proclaiming the sky is falling, I'm just ready for the bullets to start flying to see if Kliff is a real leader, or just that calm likeable dude that never gets under anyone's skin.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're talking about human beings here - a lot can happen (both good or bad) that can steer the Cardinal fortunes in any one of several directions.

Add to this all the back-story stuff that takes place behind the headlines and the best I can do is be happy where we have a good upside, worried about apparent weaknesses and hopeful that the good stuff will outweigh the bad.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When asked about rookies he could very easily singled someone out. To soon to do that. Instead he complimented the entire rookie class.

I don’t believe the guy we see on coaches corner or post practice is the guy we see at practice or games. He did say when he goes off on a tangent Murray turns to Clement.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bottom line, we love our coaches when they win, and not so much when they lose.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? I feel like we're already hearing that.

Originally I was optimistic about the hire, but the way some things are coming together concerns me a little. I'm not proclaiming the sky is falling, I'm just ready for the bullets to start flying to see if Kliff is a real leader, or just that calm likeable dude that never gets under anyone's skin.

He is a military brat. Don't mistake calm and cool for having no fire. I'm always super calm but when the poo hits the fan I can blow up like a nuke.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like just a bunch of coach speak to me... Certainly nothing to be impressed by at this point.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Sounds like just a bunch of coach speak to me... Certainly nothing to be impressed by at this point.
I think this is the point. He hasn't said much of anything which a lot of new head coaches struggle with especially when they are a focal point of media attention. If you want to focus on a positive so far it is that despite the Peterson suspension, Kingsbury hiring, and Murray at 1...there isn't much of substance coming from the organization. When the biggest story of the offseason is cell phone breaks and where the QB is lining up, that is pretty good if you ask me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave