Haason Reddick

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Wilks screwed the entire defense (and team) up. The season starts in July. Let’s see what Redick has in his final chance

Reactions: Kai

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Another Keim bust special. I seriously doubt he has it in him to become anything more than a bottom-tier ILBer. He'll be gone as soon as we can replace him.

Reactions: Kai

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cardinals ILB Haason Reddick hopes 2 years of learning sparks leap

Second-year linebacker Haason Reddick hardly got off the sideline until a quarter of the way through the season, but the 24-year-old and 13th overall pick in 2017 finished the year relatively strong.

Now, with his third head coach in three years, the converted edge rusher is exuding confidence. All the excuses about his inexperience as true linebacker could be an annoyance. To him, they can also be used to turn his career into a success story.

“With the experience from my last two years … I feel way smarter, seeing things way faster. It’s just, my continued growth is crazy right now,” he said Wednesday. “Where I’m at right now, I can’t wait to see where I’m at by the end of, like, training camp going into the season.”
https://arizonasports.com/story/195...eddick-hopes-2-years-of-learning-sparks-leap/

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
5th year option?

Probably not.

Probably not = Bust
If you want to keep Reddick around, you extend him vs paying him a 5th year option. Personally, I think Reddick will find a way to stick around unless Keim's draft classes suddenly pop. It will be the same for Humphries in that if he shows anything, Keim will use it as justification to keep him around and tout him as "not a bust".

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He’s definitely struggled with decision making no matter the system. Still coaches are usually slow to give upon talented athletes, thus nature of the college career Oh75 mentioned.

Sometimes they wake up and suddenly seem to get it. Easily it’s worth the gamble as the cost is low.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Haason Reddick back at inside linebacker in prove-it season
Haason Reddick[/a] played running back and safety in high school, linebacker and defensive end in college and inside and outside linebacker with the Cardinals. So change is nothing new for the 13th overall pick in 2017.' data-reactid="13">Haason Reddick played running back and safety in high school, linebacker and defensive end in college and inside and outside linebacker with the Cardinals. So change is nothing new for the 13th overall pick in 2017.

He’s back at inside linebacker this season, slated to start next to free agent signee Jordan Hicks.

Arizona Republic. “There’s always going to be changes. At the end of the day, I’m doing what I love and it’s fun.' data-reactid="15">“I wasn’t worried about the adjustment. It’s just a game,” Reddick said, via Bob McManaman of the Arizona Republic. “There’s always going to be changes. At the end of the day, I’m doing what I love and it’s fun.
https://sports.yahoo.com/haason-reddick-back-inside-linebacker-195305013.html

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
He’s definitely struggled with decision making no matter the system. Still coaches are usually slow to give upon talented athletes, thus nature of the college career Oh75 mentioned.

Sometimes they wake up and suddenly seem to get it. Easily it’s worth the gamble as the cost is low.

The thing about Reddick is it appears he is always late reacting to the flow of the ball... his physical attributes keeping his instincts afloat, while a guy like Dansby or Washington had similar ability but superior instincts

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
The thing about Reddick is it appears he is always late reacting to the flow of the ball... his physical attributes keeping his instincts afloat, while a guy like Dansby or Washington had similar ability but superior instincts

And he makes the same mistakes over and over. Overthinking things.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Heard a damning fact about Keim on Burns & Gambo yesterday. In the Keim era, no first round pick of his has re-signed here. Nkemdiche, Humphries & Reddick are no locks to break his streak.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Remember moron Keim is on record saying he had Reddick slotted over Watson and Mahommes on his draft board. Lol
I think that was a cover for BA? He went to Temple which is the alma mater of BA, I think he was the one who wanted to draft Reddick & SK took all the criticism for it plus made that board stuff up in case Reddick didn't pan out? Just my opinion but SK was a scout for the Cardinals for alot of yrs, no way he was that dumb when we needed a QB. Palmer was about ready to retire so...............?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree with you and Chris Shane.

To my uneducated eye, it looked like, towards the end of the season, Reddick was flying around out there a little bit. Making some plays.

He's still on his cheap rookie contract right? Can't we find a spot for him in the rotation for 2019?
Let's see how he pans out this yr? I read an article today where he said he's picking up the defense rather well & it's been a perfect match for him playing beside Jordan Hicks. Said he leans on Hicks, picks his brain & they communicate on the field. KK had a few nice things to say about him also. He did start to play well towards the end of last season, we need bodies at LB'er so having one with a little experience & familiarity with our players can't hurt.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think that was a cover for BA? He went to Temple which is the alma mater of BA, I think he was the one who wanted to draft Reddick & SK took all the criticism for it plus made that board stuff up in case Reddick didn't pan out? Just my opinion but SK was a scout for the Cardinals for alot of yrs, no way he was that dumb when we needed a QB. Palmer was about ready to retire so...............?

BA's alma mater is Virginia Tech but he was the head coach at Temple from 1983 to 1988.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
I think the angle that gets lost in the SK drafting commentary is there is a huge difference in priorities (and assumed risk) when drafting for a playoff caliber team with an established QB and the train wreck we saw last season.

With Carson under center, an established HC, a top 5 defense, you can afford to roll the dice on a Reddick, looking for a transcendent player that put's you over the top. The criticism of not drafting the QB heir apparent is fair during the time period, but let's not forget the context.

SK gambled too much on "luxury" picks like Reddick (who I am not writing off yet) and didn't build the required depth with solid young draft picks while swinging for the fences in a "win now" mindset.

The next few drafts and FA classes will be critical to how fast we become competitive, I love what we did in this year's draft, but let's see if the class pans out.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With a new regime pointing the way, you can't be sure which players will be inspired by new leadership and which ones will remain stuck in their previous ways. (I expect a few surprises. Just don't know how each player will respond).