Ok guys

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
IMO he CAN be a transcendent talent, not that he is.

If he is able to replicate some of that magic that he displayed at OU last year, he will be.

What made me flip and become a K1 supporter was how he avoided hits, and his ability to throw the deep ball. His long TD pass on the post route by CeeDee Lamb against Texas was amazing, football brilliance.
I will always give you big credit for flipping. You took a strong position, did more research and let facts rule your perspective instead of digging in and defending your position to the death. So rare on this board (and life in general these days).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't have any feelings positive or negative about Murray. My apprehension is that we traded up last year and took Rosen only to trade him for a 2nd and 5th round draft pick and never gave him a chance. Not to mention we could have stood pat and gotten a Derwin James or Vander Esche or traded down and got Lamar Jackson as well as a pick or 2 but no, we trade into the top 10 then piss the pick away a year later.
You can only do what life presents you in the present. There’s no way the cardinals could’ve seen into the future. And you don’t ride with sunk costs if you think something better for you in the long run presents itself later.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I will always give you big credit for flipping. You took a strong position, did more research and let facts rule your perspective instead of digging in and defending your position to the death. So rare on this board (and life in general these days).
I was very much in the "pro Rosen" boat prior to the draft as well and to be honest was not exactly excited about the pick. Then I started really reading up on Murray and watching his game tape and I was completely sold. Maybe there is some optimism tied into it, but I am trying to be as realistic as possible with my opinions of him.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
IMO he CAN be a transcendent talent, not that he is.

If he is able to replicate some of that magic that he displayed at OU last year, he will be.

What made me flip and become a K1 supporter was how he avoided hits, and his ability to throw the deep ball. His long TD pass on the post route by CeeDee Lamb against Texas was amazing, football brilliance.
Also his 50 yd bomb off one foot on the run, against Alabama in the CFP game last yr.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can only do what life presents you in the present. There’s no way the cardinals could’ve seen into the future. And you don’t ride with sunk costs if you think something better for you in the long run presents itself later.
Agreed but this is an even bigger gamble. Keim stands to look like a real smacked ass if this doesn't work. Even worse, if Murray/KK fails and Rosen shines in Miami, yikes. If this doesn't work, Keim's career is essentially over. Even the Jets wouldn't hire him.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I wanted to keep Rosen and said that going into the draft, and still firmly believe Rosen can be a starting QB but that Dolphin environment might be his death knell but then I really looked into Murray. I am a UT Ex and had to overcome that, damn college degrees, and I saw something the more I watched and was like "damn, he just might be all that and a bag of chips" lol

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was all for keeping Rosen and drafting Q. I in fact tried to kid myself with KM highlights that he wasn’t that great but found myself thinking wow. So I stopped looking at his highlights before the draft.

I am super excited now and think with K2 we could see something special. With all the doubters out there in terms of K2s scheme in the NFL and K1 with his height etc, it’s setting itself up to be a Hollywood miracle story. just have to get our DL beast next year

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I don't have any feelings positive or negative about Murray. My apprehension is that we traded up last year and took Rosen only to trade him for a 2nd and 5th round draft pick and never gave him a chance. Not to mention we could have stood pat and gotten a Derwin James or Vander Esche or traded down and got Lamar Jackson as well as a pick or 2 but no, we trade into the top 10 then piss the pick away a year later.

Exactly where I fall. I wonder how I'd feel about him if we hadn't drafted Rosen last year? There's no way of telling, but I'd probably have been clambering for a QB. Still, we're chucked a lot of draft capital the last two years. It had better well be worth it.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Exactly where I fall. I wonder how I'd feel about him if we hadn't drafted Rosen last year? There's no way of telling, but I'd probably have been clambering for a QB. Still, we're chucked a lot of draft capital the last two years. It had better well be worth it.
Yeah, I'm with you... if we were sitting here and had been talking about replacing Mason Rudolph, I don't think there would be many complaining.

I'm standing with my original thought, I think that with Rosen, we would have been mediocre, but with Kyler, we'll still be mediocre, even if it's one or two games better. But at least with Rosen we could pivot and hit the reset button somewhere down the line, while having a Bosa or Williams in our hip pocket.

Even if Kyler Murray is the worst to ever play the game of football now (I don't think that, just going full hyperbole), we're stuck with him for at least two, probably three years.

And don't get me started on WTF we do with Keim if this team craps the bed again.

OP
OP
D

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm with you... if we were sitting here and had been talking about replacing Mason Rudolph, I don't think there would be many complaining.

I'm standing with my original thought, I think that with Rosen, we would have been mediocre, but with Kyler, we'll still be mediocre, even if it's one or two games better. But at least with Rosen we could pivot and hit the reset button somewhere down the line, while having a Bosa or Williams in our hip pocket.

Even if Kyler Murray is the worst to ever play the game of football now (I don't think that, just going full hyperbole), we're stuck with him for at least two, probably three years.

And don't get me started on WTF we do with Keim if this team craps the bed again.
On that mr Solar7 I will reply if the season next is as bad as last years was then its SEE YOU LATER Mr Keim and most likely the whole staff front office and coaches, but I am really hoping I dont get to see that as I'm actually getting the Sunday Ticket this year and will record or watch every single play

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The main reason for my apprehension is Keim's record of first round picks. How can you get it wrong every single year? I mean, that's got to be almost as hard as getting it right every year, right? Everyone knows that 1st round picks are dicey at best but when you have a 100% failure rate and your drafts overall are mediocre at best, this doesn't instill a lot of confidence. I mean, Graves' 2004 draft had a bigger impact then every one of Keim's drafts. The only positive I can think of is, perhaps this year bucks the trend?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Very good point. I'll never question the Cardinals decision to move up and select Rosen last year, but nor do I think selecting Murray at 1 this year was a mistake. It was absolutely the right choice to make. We've all heard the phrase "Never look a gift horse in the mouth". There's always great value in a gift. Murray was a great value & a gift sitting at 1.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agreed but this is an even bigger gamble. Keim stands to look like a real smacked ass if this doesn't work. Even worse, if Murray/KK fails and Rosen shines in Miami, yikes. If this doesn't work, Keim's career is essentially over. Even the Jets wouldn't hire him.
True but the alternative sounds like a GM that would be GMing scared. Don’t want that.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
True but the alternative sounds like a GM that would be GMing scared. Don’t want that.
It's not about fear, it's about competency and quite frankly when it comes to building a team, Keim isn't competent. Oh, he's made some good free agent pick ups but it reminds me of the 1993 Phillies. Like them he just got lucky. But building for the future he's been awful. IMO we need to go get a guy like Joe Douglas before the Jets get him. Douglas and Howie Roseman have done a great job in Philly to where Douglas is now a sought after GM candidate.

Stout

Reaction score
Very good point. I'll never question the Cardinals decision to move up and select Rosen last year, but nor do I think selecting Murray at 1 this year was a mistake. It was absolutely the right choice to make. We've all heard the phrase "Never look a gift horse in the mouth". There's always great value in a gift. Murray was a great value & a gift sitting at 1.

See, I saw a different gift. I was thrilled because we had our QBOF AND a #1 draft pick to build the team around him, or even to parlay into many picks to do the same. Instead we just used it to replace a guy we already had. I hope KM convinces me he was the right gamble to make.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
See, I saw a different gift. I was thrilled because we had our QBOF AND a #1 draft pick to build the team around him, or even to parlay into many picks to do the same. Instead we just used it to replace a guy we already had. I hope KM convinces me he was the right gamble to make.

Stout, early on, that’s exactly how I felt. Then I went back & rewatched every game that Rosen played. I also watched a ton of Murray tape. For me, and I may end up completely wrong, there was no comparison. Murray had a significantly higher ceiling in every category I could imagine. I came to the conclusion that we didn’t have our QBOF on the roster yet. What’s done is done & time will tell. I’ve never been more excited to have a season start.

Stout

Reaction score
Stout, early on, that’s exactly how I felt. Then I went back & rewatched every game that Rosen played. I also watched a ton of Murray tape. For me, and I may end up completely wrong, there was no comparison. Murray had a significantly higher ceiling in every category I could imagine. I came to the conclusion that we didn’t have our QBOF on the roster yet. What’s done is done & time will tell. I’ve never been more excited to have a season start.

You can't compare pro tape--especially on a horrific team with no OL--to college tape--especially on a top team with top talent everywhere. It doesn't correlate.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You can't compare pro tape--especially on a horrific team with no OL--to college tape--especially on a top team with top talent everywhere. It doesn't correlate.

I agree somewhat with that. So, I spent more time watching Rosen’s UCLA tapes than his Cardinal tapes. IMO, still no comparison between the two. When we hired Kingsbury, it was etched in stone that we were drafting Murray. Time will tell if it was the right decision.

Stout

Reaction score
I agree somewhat with that. So, I spent more time watching Rosen’s UCLA tapes than his Cardinal tapes. IMO, still no comparison between the two. When we hired Kingsbury, it was etched in stone that we were drafting Murray. Time will tell if it was the right decision.

I can agree with your point about the Kingsbury hire, for sure!