Pita Taumoepenu claimed off of waivers

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem with 90% of the places around here that serve gyros is that they don't have a real gyro slab. Instead they buy the prescliced gyro meat that you get at the grocery store that looks and tastes like Sizzlean. That stuff is horrible but it saves them money and nobody else seems to notice the difference once it gets doused with tsaziki.

I went to a Greek festival a few years ago in hopes of finding a real gyro. Same thing. No slab. I interrogated the teenagers working the stand and they had no idea what I was talking about. A thousand plus Greeks concentrated in one spot and not a single slab o gyro meat to be found. Pathetic.
When I went to Illinois, we had a greek restaurant that sliced off the slab - best damn hangover food!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And so the most contentious, bannable argument in the offseason ended up in a thread about Pitas, not Kyler Murray.

Who had the prop bet on that? You've won $53 million in ASFN bucks, and whatever's left of Tucson's Foothills Mall.

It was really about military service I think.

Hard to tell with all the curse words and slurs

Reaction score
I'm guessing post #11 set things off with krang as it should. Can't blame him for going off about that.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm guessing post #11 set things off with krang as it should. Can't blame him for going off about that.
Hm, I didn't take it like that. I have a considerable amount of people in my life who "hit a low point" and were molded into amazing people in their service. But, I don't have anything else to work from for the argument. I'm assuming Kai took it too far.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The problem with 90% of the places around here that serve gyros is that they don't have a real gyro slab. Instead they buy the prescliced gyro meat that you get at the grocery store that looks and tastes like Sizzlean. That stuff is horrible but it saves them money and nobody else seems to notice the difference once it gets doused with tsaziki.

I went to a Greek festival a few years ago in hopes of finding a real gyro. Same thing. No slab. I interrogated the teenagers working the stand and they had no idea what I was talking about. A thousand plus Greeks concentrated in one spot and not a single slab o gyro meat to be found. Pathetic.
The best is when the stack actual thing sliced layers of meat on the rotisserie rather the ground meat loaves, but very few places in the states does it that way. There is a Arab grocery store here in Phx on 24th south of the I-10 that used to do it that way, haven't been there in years so im not sure if they still do.

Reaction score
Hm, I didn't take it like that. I have a considerable amount of people in my life who "hit a low point" and were molded into amazing people in their service. But, I don't have anything else to work from for the argument. I'm assuming Kai took it too far.

That seems to be his m.o..

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The best is when the stack actual thing sliced layers of meat on the rotisserie rather the ground meat loaves, but very few places in the states does it that way. There is a Arab grocery store here in Phx on 24th south of the I-10 that used to do it that way, haven't been there in years so im not sure if they still do.

I think that the quality of the average slab kind of shifted in the last decade or so. My wife and I have been going to Phoenicia Cafe in downtown Tempe and Gilbert for 20 years. Their gyro meat used to be like deliciously crusty on the outside. Now, it's just not the same.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Saw the negative veteran post by Kai. Bye Bye. So I will fill in what he was saying: The foothills Mall in Tucson is being turned into a mini entertainment center. As Bob Meuller said: “That’s all I have to say about that”

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Why do I miss all of the fun? :(
Just think of me. I read the posts as they started, and quit reading. Now I am thinking, how did talk about a mall get out of hand? One of the places they were talking about is no longer there. I am like, WTF?