Let's talk wideouts

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Cris Carter? I don't think his hands were ever called in to question, he was cut by the Eagles due to substance abuse problems.

Not sure about the others but I can't remember anyone questioning their ability to catch the ball.

I’m not sure about carter but Jerry rice, Tim Brown and Michael Irving were all top 5 in dropped passes at some point in their career. I’m on my phone but stats LLC tracks it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cris Carter? I don't think his hands were ever called in to question, he was cut by the Eagles due to substance abuse problems.

Not sure about the others but I can't remember anyone questioning their ability to catch the ball.

Chris Carter had the best hands in football during his time, Fitz learned a lot by watching him play when Fitz was a young "ball" boy for the Vikings.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I mean, 4th round pick with only 5 catches his first season, 39 the next, and 45 in his final year with the Eagles? And then only 6 with the Vikings? Different era and all, drugs and alcohol clearly being a factor, but still, took him some time to get it together.
But not to catch. He always had hands.

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
If you’re this far into your football career playing in COLLEGE football and moving onto the NFL where you’ll be paid millions per season and you haven’t developed your catching abilities, you need take a deep look inside of yourself and ask “Why did I not take it upon myself to do what my coaches expected of me, because it would help me in the games and I would get to play more if I didn’t drop so many passes and just worked a little harder to actually get good at catching?”

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you’re this far into your football career playing in COLLEGE football and moving onto the NFL where you’ll be paid millions per season and you haven’t developed your catching abilities, you need take a deep look inside of yourself and ask “Why did I not take it upon myself to do what my coaches expected of me, because it would help me in the games and I would get to play more if I didn’t drop so many passes and just worked a little harder to actually get good at catching?”

Some guys just do not have great catching abilities. Usually they are called cornerbacks.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing I'd keep an eye on are specific WR roles KK wants to fill in his offense and a special trait each receiver may uniquely have to fill any of those roles.

This may not be limited to WR's - there may be a tailor-made profile and "job description" created for each spot on our 53-man roster.

No proof - just a gut-feeling.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I am amazed that people even get drafted before they have hands. Like, why would you draft a wide receiver that doesnt have hands yet? What if they never develop into actual hands?
I dunno, Bryant Johnson was drafted in the first round and used these instead of hands...

You must be registered for see images attach

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
When you have physical traits like being 6’6”, teams will take that risk with a guy who hasn’t completely developed his hands. The reward can be huge.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you have physical traits like being 6’6”, teams will take that risk with a guy who hasn’t completely developed his hands. The reward can be huge.

my comments were more snarky while imagining people running around with stubs trying to catch footballs because they have not "developed their hands"

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
A lot of talk about the rookies, and understandably so, but I’m most excited to see Kirk take a step forward as a sophomore and with a better offense (hopefully).

I think at the very least Kirk has shown as a rookie he will have long career and be productive. From what I garner for pros and coaches, it take a WR a few years to adjust and he has shown already he understands what it means to be a pro because after his injury there was a major drop off for Rosen... Keim got this one right :raccoon:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Fitz
Kirk
Andy
Butler
Cooper
White
Johnson <-- Barely

I still have hope for white in the air raid.

Cooper is a pure ST'er on this squad so we may keep 8.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If Cooper is cut, Logan may finally be having the camp I expected 2 years ago. I loved him when he came out.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
The timing of throwing the kitchen sink at the position in the draft makes sense with Larry here this year.
I’d like to see them do the same with offensive guard and defensive tackle next year.

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
Larry- Legend
Kirk- Untapped Potential
Andy- Speedster that catches with his small body
Butler- Huge, with bad hands
Cooper- A less good version of Kirk
White- Bust, has potential tho
Johnson- Not very athletic for his sized