Cardinals may use shotgun formation exclusively or close to it

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teams who were over 70% in the shotgun last year and their offensive ranking:

Baltimore (9), Chicago (21), Green Bay (12), Indianapolis(7), KC (1), Philadelphia(14), and Pittsburgh (4)

So 2 of the top 5 offenses, 4 of the top 10, and all but 1 in the top 15.

Sorry if these facts dampen your negativity

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm surprised that Delmar, Solar and BW, are still posting here. Thought they would be over with the Dolphins. They can post what they like, just don't call themselves Cardinals fans.
Ronin, of course they can stay. I only object if they try to pass themselves off as Cardinals' fans.
This is ridiculous. I never liked Rosen more than this team, I've been a diehard fan my entire life, and all because I'm not happy with the team's direction and anticipate another struggle of a year, I'm "not allowed to call myself a Cardinals fan?" Tell me how often you travel 600 miles to the stadium and back on Sundays and proclaim how big a fan you are.

Ridiculously offensive.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To much shotgun? Worried about DJ? Kareem Hunt didn’t seem to mind. Todd Gurley didn’t seem to mind. Tyreek Cohen didn’t seem to mind.

DJ was one of the biggest victims of a depleted o-line, and inept OC and an offense with no big play weapons. He was one of the few weapons we had on this team and our head coach was to dumb to use him especially in the passing game.

Put me in the corner of “ not worried about DJ”.

DJ was also the victim of running timid and almost acting like he was playing to not get hurt.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. I never liked Rosen more than this team, I've been a diehard fan my entire life, and all because I'm not happy with the team's direction and anticipate another struggle of a year, I'm "not allowed to call myself a Cardinals fan?" Tell me how often you travel 600 miles to the stadium and back on Sundays and proclaim how big a fan you are.

Ridiculously offensive.

Beyond ridiculously offensive. Anyone questioning these posters love and commitment to the Cardinals should be ashamed. I ******* hate questioning someone's fanhood just because they are questioning something the organization does. Cowardly and childish response.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Ridiculously offensive.
No need to explain. Don't let troll comments get the best of ya.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score

Ridiculously offensive.
600 miles your crazy lol

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DJ was also the victim of running timid and almost acting like he was playing to not get hurt.
I will respectfully disagree. Running backs can looked washed up when there is simply no where to run. You can only put your head down and bash forward so many times especially when you’re gaining 2 yards a crack. The effort will look lackluster at best.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ridiculously offensive.

You are correct that there is no room for this on this board. There is a reason why a "Dark Side" thread exists because more often then not it is correct.

Heck a strong argument can be made that those that question the team and still follow them are the loyalist fans of all. They think it is going to suck and still watch.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Vegas and back. Sunday morning to Sunday evening.

Although this season I need to spend more time in Phoenix I think. I just don't have the endurance that I did when I was younger. Mondays are killer after that much traveling and drinking.

Dude, you're a baby at 32. LOL. It takes me 10 minutes to get out of bed in the morning. Ha ha.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, running out of the shotgun formation is fine. But we're talking about pulling the number from 13% of his snaps to "99.9%." Also, his yards per reception were more than 5+ from under center.

I'm not saying this necessarily makes the team bad - there was that great article the other day about now matter how you cut the stats, passing has a much higher correlation and chances of winning than rushing.

I just don't know what I'll do in fantasy, hah.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Ridiculously offensive.
Totally agree you’re probably a great fan like most of us. I think many just don’t like hearing you bash our new QB everyday, almost hourly & by the second lol :mrgreen:

Hang in there & lets see him play at least 1 game lol

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I'm surprised that Delmar, Solar and BW, are still posting here. Thought they would be over with the Dolphins. They can post what they like, just don't call themselves Cardinals fans.
Hey to be honest I'm not posting anything Murray related anymore as its said and done but my question is how effective is the shotgun in very short yardage situations maybe someone has some stats to share it would be very nice

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Concerned about a guy who only averaged 53 yards a game last season
DJ is a has been
Got his big money deal and sold out
He ran with no heart
Went down on tackles year prior he plowed through
DJ is soon to be gone if he doesn’t wake up and play like he can.
Jim Brown would have had similar numbers behind this offensive line.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meh.... They are good guys. let them do their thing.

Once K1, K2 & the team take off, they will reluctantly get on board.

I will buy all of them a beer down the road. Just by being a Cards fan, you have walked through a mile of crap. We all deserve to vent a bit.
Some of us have walked through several miles of crap. With the amount of abuse I've taken over the years of sticking by this team even though for decades they showed no interest in winning grants me the right to speak of this team in any manner I choose.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You are correct that there is no room for this on this board. There is a reason why a "Dark Side" thread exists because more often then not it is correct.

Heck a strong argument can be made that those that question the team and still follow them are the loyalist fans of all. They think it is going to suck and still watch.
Since I started rooting for this team(1975), this team has had 12 winning season. 12. To put that into perspective, the Patriots currently have 18 consecutive winning seasons(and 6 Super Bowl championships) while we had at one time 23 consecutive non-winning seasons(2 seasons at .500) and it took us 33 years to have a double digit win season. Some of us have been fans that entire time and more so, yeah, to question our fandom on any level no matter how critical we are of the team is ridiculously stupid.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose