Which Power Forward in the draft do you prefer?

Which PF do you prefer?

• De’Andre Hunter

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Brandon Clarke

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bol Bol, IMO, screams bust with a giant megaphone. Physically, I don't think he will be able to play inside on either end of the court, I don't think he's fast enough or skilled enough to play outside.

He might be able to hit open threes... and get a few blocks per game as a help defender, but while getting killed on screens and in the post.

And he's got some serious red flags medically.

He’s boom or bust but there isn’t one player at 6 that gets me excited like I said hopefully we don’t even make a pick at 6

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s boom or bust but there isn’t one player at 6 that gets me excited like I said hopefully we don’t even make a pick at 6

I'd prefer to trade the pick. I don't even see the "boom" potential for him.

IMO, we could trade back to the 20s and there is a fair chance he will still be on the board, I think he is going to plummet. He weighs just over 200 pounds at 7'3" and has foot problems already. Even if he were not hurt, a guy that tall and that weak, I don't know how he functions in the NBA. He's too slow to defend outside, big men... even plenty of guards are going to be able to shove him around in the paint.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bol Bol, IMO, screams bust with a giant megaphone. Physically, I don't think he will be able to play inside on either end of the court, I don't think he's fast enough or skilled enough to play outside.

He might be able to hit open threes... and get a few blocks per game as a help defender, but while getting killed on screens and in the post.

This is where I am at as well although if he is drafted later he might not be a bust.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about Bol's potential on the court but I have no mixed feelings about his injury. He's untouchable IMO. I think there's roughly a 99.9% chance that medical issues will determine (as in, limit) the length and quality of his career.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'd prefer to trade the pick. I don't even see the "boom" potential for him.

IMO, we could trade back to the 20s and there is a fair chance he will still be on the board, I think he is going to plummet. He weighs just over 200 pounds at 7'3" and has foot problems already. Even if he were not hurt, a guy that tall and that weak, I don't know how he functions in the NBA. He's too slow to defend outside, big men... even plenty of guards are going to be able to shove him around in the paint.
Tacko Fall at 32! :)

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Yeah, to me he just seems like a slightly upgraded Manute Bol (who could also block shots and hit the occasional open three). I don't see the appeal at all.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Why do people not think Bol Bol is fast? To me, he does not seem slow at all.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tacko Fall at 32! :)

I would not be surprised of Tacko Fall never plays a single minute of NBA basketball. Best case, he spends a few years as a bench body and someone the fans get a hoot out of.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why do people not think Bol Bol is fast? To me, he does not seem slow at all.

His long legs give him some speed in the open court, but his first couple steps are slow as can be. Combine that with how weak he is... the dude is going to be a snail when trying to get through screens and move in traffic.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's so tough to figure out how these guys will project to the NBA and how they will develop once they get there but I think Clarke was easily the best player in college of all those under consideration so I'd go that way if we actually use the 6 pick. I like Culver more than most here do but I think he ends up as an SF in the pros and we have greater needs elsewhere.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would not be surprised of Tacko Fall never plays a single minute of NBA basketball. Best case, he spends a few years as a bench body and someone the fans get a hoot out of.

Like Pat Burke. :p

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Like Pat Burke. :p
I saw Pat Burke in a pre draft combine tournament. He was the best big man in that tornament the day I went to watch him play.

Also: Pat Burke, The Only Irishman To Play In The NBA

Interesting tid bits.

Also:

Europe[edit]
Burke was a EuroLeague champion with Panathinaikos in the 1999-00 season, and he also helped the "Greens" to win three consecutive Greek League, titles from 1999 to 2001. In Europe, Burke also played with the Spanish clubs Tau Ceramica, Gran Canaria and Real Madrid, and Maroussi in Greece. He helped Real to the final of the ULEB Cup (now called EuroCup) in 2004, and to the Spanish League title in 2005.

In November 2007, Burke signed with the Russian team Khimki.[2] Burke helped Khimki win their first Russian Cup title. He averaged 8.2 points and 5.2 rebounds per game, in 211 career games played over all of the different European leagues that he competed in. In 2008, he moved to the Polish club Asseco Prokom Sopot,[3] and he helped the team to win the league's title.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw Pat Burke in a pre draft combine tournament. He was the best big man in that tornament the day I went to watch him play.

Interesting tid bits.

Also:

Europe[edit]
Burke was a EuroLeague champion with Panathinaikos in the 1999-00 season, and he also helped the "Greens" to win three consecutive Greek League, titles from 1999 to 2001. In Europe, Burke also played with the Spanish clubs Tau Ceramica, Gran Canaria and Real Madrid, and Maroussi in Greece. He helped Real to the final of the ULEB Cup (now called EuroCup) in 2004, and to the Spanish League title in 2005.

In November 2007, Burke signed with the Russian team Khimki.[2] Burke helped Khimki win their first Russian Cup title. He averaged 8.2 points and 5.2 rebounds per game, in 211 career games played over all of the different European leagues that he competed in. In 2008, he moved to the Polish club Asseco Prokom Sopot,[3] and he helped the team to win the league's title.

At 45 years old and already with NBA experience, I doubt Burke is eligible to be drafted.

And to be honest, I think he'd be a bust with the #6 pick.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Interesting tid bits.

Also:

Europe[edit]

Well, when he was here, he was a total sideshow...

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You don’t get 21/9/3 at the college level not having talent and shooting 50+ from 3 point range and 80+ from the free throw line shows great touch. That’s more than “hitting an occasional 3”

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't really want either - but I think the first 5 picks will be

1. Zion
2. Morant
3. Barrett
4. Garland
5. Culver

Which are the only 5 guys I like so our choice will probably be between these two and Reddish.

Which makes me want to hurl.

If I have to choose I go Clarke

Supposedly the Knicks like Culver more than Barrett....

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am afraid there will be a scenario where Barrett falls to us, and because he's too good of a talent we take him, and his natural position in the NBA ends up at SF. I am almost praying the Lakers get him if he does "drop."

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I am afraid there will be a scenario where Barrett falls to us, and because he's too good of a talent we take him, and his natural position in the NBA ends up at SF. I am almost praying the Lakers get him if he does "drop."
Sorry, but if Barrett happens to be at 6, you take him and don't look back.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Sorry, but if Barrett happens to be at 6, you take him and don't look back.
So in that scenario, do you resign Oubre? I have been debating that. Maybe if this happens, you roll with the SFs we got and spend free agent money on PG and PF?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barrett falling to #4 works too well for the Lakers. That would make their pick much more valuable in a trade, which is rumored to be their plan to add talent to help Lebron right away. That pick then might interest New Orleans, if they want to open up talks with them involving Anthony Davis again. Even if New Orleans isn't interested, more teams will call about Barrett than Garland, Culver, White, or anyone else that is projected to be there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr