Vance Joseph and the defense thread

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vance Joseph will instill a ton of confidence in me if he sees that Brandon Williams and Robert Nkemdiche don't belong on a NFL roster. If those guys are on the roster heading into week 1 I will be very concerned!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vance Joseph will instill a ton of confidence in me if he sees that Brandon Williams and Robert Nkemdiche don't belong on a NFL roster. If those guys are on the roster heading into week 1 I will be very concerned!
I would think he controls who plays vs who is on the roster.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
My hope for this season lies with our defense. They will be far superior to last seasons version

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
He was probably snorting Wilks crack lol. He damn sure knew nothing about calling a defense. Poor Browns, they are supposed to be good this yr, but Steve Wilks is their new DC to pin their hopes on. Just wait till they see the deer in the headlights look when the Bengals, Steelers & Ravens are lighting them up lol. I have a good friend whom is a big Browns fan, he wants us to go to a sports bar & watch the Cardinals/Browns game this yr. I agreed but warned him about how terrible Wilks is, can't wait till the game to say "I told you so" lol.

I’m pretty sure a majority of Broncos fans would say the same thing about Vance Joseph.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I am saying. If they are on the roster, it does not reflect on him. If they get playing time, it does.

I'm sorry, I meant who is on the defensive roster. The DC should have a strong say in who ends up making the team defensively.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Vance Joseph Keeping Same Strategy Without Patrick Peterson
While coach Kliff Kingsbury has kept his offensive vision under wraps, defensive coordinator Vance Joseph has not been shy about his plan on the other side of the ball.

Joseph has expressed multiple times his intent to play an attacking 3-4 base defense in 2019, anchored by an array of blitzes up front and man-to-man press coverage in the secondary.

That plan came together, though, with the idea that All-Pro Patrick Peterson would be locking down one of the cornerback spots. After news of Peterson’s six-game suspension last week, Joseph was asked on the Coaches’ Chronicle Podcast if his absence would force a schematic adjustment.
https://www.azcardinals.com/news/vance-joseph-keeping-same-strategy-without-patrick-peterson

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure a majority of Broncos fans would say the same thing about Vance Joseph.
Maybe so but VJ to the best of my knowledge wasn't calling the plays on defense. He's probably forgotten more about defense than Holcomb will ever know lol.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
It's going to be interesting, I am thinking (and hoping) that the whole D steps it up and plays with a chip, especially while PedP is out

blindseyed

Reaction score
The 1st 6 games with no PP and having WRs the likes of Julio Jones, DK Metcalf ..etc is going to put the pressure on our Frontline to get to the QB, hopefully our CBs can step up and take control , guess we'll find out

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I like Vance joesph a lot - Billy davis is back - never liked his bend don’t break defense even though it ranked high for the cards when BD was DC. I would love to see Saxon and Joesph calling plays against each other in the deep snow - Kk would be what the hell was that ? Saxon Be like it’s a power run for First down - they just have to shovel it first to prove it too you -

My hands heavy with rings from running the damned ball a lot

blindseyed

Reaction score
I think @Goldfield was wondering why anyone is worried about a rookie WR that hasn't taken a snap yet. PP probably wouldn't even cover DK, probably Tyler Lockett.

AJ Green would have been a more apt choice.
Which is why I said "etc..." his name just popped in my head, then again PP wouldn't cover him but there's the rub you're 2CB now has to cover WR 1, CB 3 to WR 2 and so on and so on was my point, it will be interesting to say the least