Kyler Murray in 5 Years

Where will Kyler Rank in 5 Years?

• Total voters

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
for every Russell Wilson there are numerous Bob Berry,Pat Haden,Seneca Wallace,Doug Flutie,Eddie LeBaron guys.They won a some games but how many where the TOP pick of the entire draft?Eddie LeBaron play 10 years in the NFl and never was on a winning team,Berry made a Pro-Bowl as did Pat Haden..neither one was the #1 pick.Hoping for the exception is betting on a inside straight.Like many have said..playing QB is hard enough no matter how big or tall you are.Acting like winning the Heisman trophy is a omen for success is proven to be nonsensical thinking also.Add in a rookie HC,a gimmicky offense,a questionable OLINE..?
There are multiple busts for every successful NFL QB regardless of height. You can not possibly make a strong argument that short QB's bust at a higher percentage than "not short" QBs.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
for every Russell Wilson there are numerous Bob Berry,Pat Haden,Seneca Wallace,Doug Flutie,Eddie LeBaron guys.They won a some games but how many where the TOP pick of the entire draft?Eddie LeBaron play 10 years in the NFl and never was on a winning team,Berry made a Pro-Bowl as did Pat Haden..neither one was the #1 pick.Hoping for the exception is betting on a inside straight.Like many have said..playing QB is hard enough no matter how big or tall you are.Acting like winning the Heisman trophy is a omen for success is proven to be nonsensical thinking also.Add in a rookie HC,a gimmicky offense,a questionable OLINE..?
I am in total agreement with you that's why I was so against the Murray pick in the first place. Hell if winning the Heisman was a guarantee for success Leinart would still be here most likely

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, you’ve made many tedious and boring arguments in the past too.

Murray’s size is a concern. To say it’s not is burying your head in the sand.

did you get hit in the head or something today? First you get all defensive in that other thread falsely accusing people of calling Bosa a boat for literally no reason whatsoever and then you say I'm burying my head in the sand about Murray's size being a concern... quoting a post where I specifically say that being concerned about his size is a legit concern, while saying anyone who's making the Wilson argument isn't doing themselves any favors because he's the exception to the rule?

Good gravy man.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Have a question, did Bob Berry,Pat Haden,Seneca Wallace,Doug Flutie, or Eddie LeBaron have a better arm than Murray... because we already know they were not even close to the athlete Murray is, something to account for and then consider the present day NFL now :)

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
CW -so ONE QB has been successful in 50 years and hoping that it happens again is a sound plan.LMFAO.so quit trying to be board moniter .

BW52, I can tell you're pretty cool when you don't get all wound up about Murray, so I let me see if I can answer this without coming across like a douche.

Okay, so it's one guy in fifty years. Let's say that we accept that as fact.

So then I would ask you sir, just how relevant is this one example of success that we have? How well does it support the idea that Murray could be successful in the NFL?

Is Wilson's success recent?

Also, does Murray's game correspond to Wilson's? If so, how closely?

And do Murray's measurables match up with Wilson's? If so, how closely?

To me BW52, Wilson sets a very important, compelling precedent for Murray, because they are such similar players.

Yes, it's one guy in 50 years, but the player that were saying will duplicate that success is in many ways a carbon copy of the successful player. Even better that that, I believe Murray is slightly more athletic that Wilson, and slightly more talented as a passer than RW.

Look, I don't think you're crazy for saying that Murray might bust out. It's a real possibility. Can you also admit that Murray supporters are not crazy for saying that he has a reasonable chance to be as good as Russell Wilson?

Can we try to find a little common ground here?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
BW52, I can tell you're pretty cool when you don't get all wound up about Murray, so I let me see if I can answer this without coming across like a douche.

Okay, so it's one guy in fifty years. Let's say that we accept that as fact.

So then I would ask you sir, just how relevant is this one example of success that we have? How well does it support the idea that Murray could be successful in the NFL?

Is Wilson's success recent?

Also, does Murray's game correspond to Wilson's? If so, how closely?

And do Murray's measurables match up with Wilson's? If so, how closely?

To me BW52, Wilson sets a very important, compelling precedent for Murray, because they are such similar players.

Yes, it's one guy in 50 years, but the player that were saying will duplicate that success is in many ways a carbon copy of the successful player. Even better that that, I believe Murray is slightly more athletic that Wilson, and slightly more talented as a passer than RW.

Look, I don't think you're crazy for saying that Murray might bust out. It's a real possibility. Can you also admit that Murray supporters are not crazy for saying that he has a reasonable chance to be as good as Russell Wilson?

Can we try to find a little common ground here?

CW- What are the odds that Murray turns into a Wilson type QB? You act like its almost a sure thing that he will be that type player.s I stated ..playing Qb and being a successful high level Qb is a very tough thing to do and most do not climb to that level.Most become average or less QBs .That might mean a decent career and maybe everything hits just right and you get a Super Bowl winner.It has happened.Murrays success in college means absolute jackshit in the NFL.You believe Murray is more athletic and a better passer based on what? beating up on piss poor defenses in the BIG 12? Murray is in the big boys league now and every week is going to be facing good defenses..there are not Rice or TCu or Baylors on the schedule.Being smaller can not be seen as any kind of advantage no matter how Murray fans try and spin it.Just another possible obstacle to try and overcome.
IMO being the TOP PICK in the entire draft means expectations are higher,pressure is more and no mulligans from me.You guys got what you asked for so ……..we will see what happens.You guys have already tempered your predictions down and added several reasons why Murray could have a rocky rookie season (OLINE,rookie HC,Rookie WRS etc)…..funny how those didn`t seen to matter in Rosens case.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of the reasons teams don’t like to choose QBs in the first round let alone #1 is the high rate of failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is that different than any other position? - It isn't

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Excluding the exceptions of guys like Montana, Brady or Wilson (shows what an exact science this is to draft a signal caller) who are drafted later, a majority of all franchise QBs are first round picks. The reason people do not like drafting a QB 1st is not only because the percentages are less, but also the reminder they are drafting one first because their record has sucked because they need one. If one does not like a QB, you can always cite the disadvantage of any round since they are so hard to find, find one to match the team and coach while still being a NFL guy. Matter of fact, they are so hard to find that teams like the Cardinals blow a stash of money on guys like Bradford and teams like Dallas will probably pay a fortune just to keep an above average one

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly CardsSunDbacks.

Being a good QB in the NFL is really, really hard to do.

@Solar7, you think you're really winning this one don't you bro?

Here's game, set and match.

There's one 5' 10", 205 pound QB already in the league, and he already has a SB ring. Kyler Murray's game is patterned after Wilson's game, almost exactly.

That is indisputable proof that KM might be successful. So please, please, please sir. Take your silly "a QB has to be 6' 2" to have a realistic chance to be successful" arguments far far away from here.

It is getting really tedious and boring.
Wilson was also a 3rd round pick and not the #1 overall pick.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fran Tarkenton took the Vikings to 4 Super Bowls and please correct me if I'm wrong he was like 5'11" or so,so it definitely is not unheard for sub 6 footers to succeed unlikely yes impossible Hell No
3 Super Bowls. Joe Kapp took the Vikes the first time. Tarkenton was a Giant at that time.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have a question, did Bob Berry,Pat Haden,Seneca Wallace,Doug Flutie, or Eddie LeBaron have a better arm than Murray... because we already know they were not even close to the athlete Murray is, something to account for and then consider the present day NFL now :)
Haden did but he was never healthy.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Wilson was also a 3rd round pick and not the #1 overall pick.

And the only reason for that was his height. Had he been drafted only for his talent with his height left out he would have been drafted much higher. Since then Wilson and Mayfield have shown success while being pretty short and that allowed the Cardinals (and possibly other teams as well if Murray had been available after #1) to overlook the height and draft Murray based on his talent.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
And the only reason for that was his height. Had he been drafted only for his talent with his height left out he would have been drafted much higher. Since then Wilson and Mayfield have shown success while being pretty short and that allowed the Cardinals (and possibly other teams as well if he had been available after #1) to overlook the height and draft him based on his talent.

Wilson would be the #1 overall pick if that draft was done over.....over Andrew Luck.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
And the only reason for that was his height. Had he been drafted only for his talent with his height left out he would have been drafted much higher. Since then Wilson and Mayfield have shown success while being pretty short and that allowed the Cardinals (and possibly other teams as well if Murray had been available after #1) to overlook the height and draft Murray based on his talent.
Mayfield is 4 inches taller than Murray.

Wilson would be the #1 overall pick if that draft was done over.....over Andrew Luck.
This is laughable. I think you're just trolling now.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Mayfield is 4 inches taller than Murray.

This is laughable. I think you're just trolling now.
He's 2 1/4" taller with slightly longer arms. Do you seriously think that makes a huge difference?

Baker was 6' 3/8" and 216 pounds and Murray is 5' 10 1/8" and 208 pounds.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose