2019 NBA Playoff Discussion

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Broussard, Shelburne, and Shams are reporting this

the second my dad saw the play and the way Durant reacted, he scoffed at the idea that he would be back this season. Maybe if all the series went 7 and stretched the Finals that long. Doctors can smell BS from a mile away.

Only way he comes back is if the Warriors go up 2-0 in the Finals and his ego gets the absolute worst of him and tries to go out there on a bum wheel to prove they couldn't win without him.

Regardless, he's the belle of the ball come FA, especially since this Kawai looks like he's breaking down again, after missing most of last year and injury bonging him from the playoffs the year before that. besides, Durant is a lightning rod with the media, whereas Kawai barely registers a blip drama-wise.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
the second my dad saw the play and the way Durant reacted, he scoffed at the idea that he would be back this season. Maybe if all the series went 7 and stretched the Finals that long. Doctors can smell BS from a mile away.

Only way he comes back is if the Warriors go up 2-0 in the Finals and his ego gets the absolute worst of him and tries to go out there on a bum wheel to prove they couldn't win without him.

Regardless, he's the belle of the ball come FA, especially since this Kawai looks like he's breaking down again, after missing most of last year and injury bonging him from the playoffs the year before that. besides, Durant is a lightning rod with the media, whereas Kawai barely registers a blip drama-wise.
I know you didn't ask, but I have no clue whether Kevin Durant is staying or going. Neither does the media.
Just my 2 cents.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
God I hope Cousins and Durant come back so they can blow the series for GS.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
God I hope Cousins and Durant come back so they can blow the series for GS.

For Boogie I can see them just playing him a few minutes where he can't do much harm. For Durant you bring him back he's starting.

ButI agree with Cheese I've never quite bought that Durant is coming back, I think he's hurt more than they're letting on and it may be as simple as he thinks it will impact his Free agency if teams know.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the Raptors win over the Bucks last night VanVleet really impressed. He brought the Raptors back with his 3 point shooting.

In the first half Giannis was allowed to travel at will on his drives to to basket. I guess they are not calling traveling anymore.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
In the Raptors win over the Bucks last night VanVleet really impressed. He brought the Raptors back with his 3 point shooting.

In the first half Giannis was allowed to travel at will on his drives to to basket. I guess they are not calling traveling anymore.
I always liked VanFleet. I think he would be good next to Booker.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always liked VanFleet. I think he would be good next to Booker.

He can play for sure not to mention spreading the court. He was awesome last night in the Raptors win.

I doubt the Raptors trade him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bucks-Raptors game should be fun tonight with the Raptors winning three straight games and the Bucks facing elimination at Toronto.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Leonard playing with sheer force of will power.

Leonard is looking like the best player in the league right now. He's been great all postseason. I've seen some stats posted on Twitter how he's the first non-big that has a defensive rating under 100 since Pippen. Jordan never even achieved that in his prime.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
As good as Leanord is playing...I just don't see Toronto standing a chance vs GS.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As good as Leanord is playing...I just don't see Toronto standing a chance vs GS.

I disagree. I think the Raptors were the only team in the East that could beat the Warriors. I like their chances better than Milwaukee, for sure.

Just comparing starting 5's,

Marc Gasol, Siakam, Kawhi, Danny Green, Kyle Lowry vs
Bogut?, Draymond, Iggy?, Klay, and Curry.

Key bench players for Toronto, Ibaka, Norman Powell, and VanVleet. The Warriors are thin without Cousins or Durant, they have Livingston and Looney, maybe? If they get KD or Cousins back that will help their depth but I'm not sure how much it'll help them overall. Kawhi can shutdown KD, especially an injured KD.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
We all know the media is going to be tying this finals to the Zaza injury to Leonard and redemption to beat Dubs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson