2019 NBA Playoff Discussion

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
He has toned down a lot, but Spike Lee used to go out onto the court during time outs. They used to let him have the run of the sidelines. There were games during the Reggie Miller era you could hear him over the announcers mics in the background.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can I just say how happy I am that McD didn't let himself get strong-armed into a long-term Bledsoe deal. It's probably the 2nd best/smartest thing he ever did (or did not do) outside of drafting Book with the 13th pick.

That guy is ish-on-a-stick in the playoffs and especially this series. His salary and play (or lack thereof) are the biggest reasons things that will ultimately hold the Bucks back from ever winning a title, IMO

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
can I just say how happy I am that McD didn't let himself get strong-armed into a long-term Bledsoe deal. It's probably the 2nd best/smartest thing he ever did (or did not do) outside of drafting Book with the 13th pick.

That guy is ish-on-a-stick in the playoffs and especially this series. His salary and play (or lack thereof) are the biggest reasons things that will ultimately hold the Bucks back from ever winning a title, IMO
This. Dude still gets too much pub and credit for what little he really brings to the table.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Milwaukee is probably the BEST place for Bledsoe. The Greek Freak hasn't expanded his offense with a reliable jump shot or go to move that's unstoppable. They do need more shooters in Milwaukee. So offensively they need him to dominate at times as a score first PG. Should they get better offensive players, or the freak develops his game, then they would need a pass first guy. Obviously he was holding Booker back from developing. Look how far Booker has developed since Bledsoe left. I know we traded him because McD got angry, but it worked in our favor!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Kept wondering who this person is roaming the sideline. I still don't understand why he is allowed to do it.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
E-40 goes to every Warriors game, you don’t see him roaming around acting like a jackass.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has toned down a lot, but Spike Lee used to go out onto the court during time outs. They used to let him have the run of the sidelines. There were games during the Reggie Miller era you could hear him over the announcers mics in the background.

Reggie Miller doing the "choke" at Spike Lee during that Knicks playoff collapse was one of my favorite non-Suns moments in NBA history.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reggie Miller doing the "choke" at Spike Lee during that Knicks playoff collapse was one of my favorite non-Suns moments in NBA history.

I loved Miller back in the day, but now he's just an annoying commentator.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just last night I saw on FB a video of Pippen dunking over Ewing, walking over him and then walking directly to Spike Lee and taunting him.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved Miller back in the day, but now he's just an annoying commentator.

It's perspective, as a UCLA fan I love hearing him talk up Norman Powell for example.

There's an interesting UCLA angle to Toronto beyond Powell, Siakam played all summer at the open run games at UCLA and credits that plus all the workout work he did for his breakout year. I think I even mentioned him here over the summer he was the guy at the games that everyone was talking about man that guy has gotten better. You never know in that situation if it will carry over to NBA games but in his case it sure did.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Wink, wink. Goodbye Durant.
There were rumors he may not be back because he wants to be healthy for free agency. I don't know if it was just conjecture from the people reporting, or maybe a source in his entourage.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski (@SportsTalkBarry)
5/23/19, 11:14 AM
Warriors forward Kevin Durant has suffered a setback during rehab for his calf strain and will miss the entire 2019 NBA Finals, a source tells ESPN.

That would explain Durant's reactions this week online, he knew he wasn't going to play and he's mad because if they don't win the finals he loses, and if they do win, he loses because everyone will say see they didn't need Durant.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That would explain Durant's reactions this week online, he knew he wasn't going to play and he's mad because if they don't win the finals he loses, and if they do win, he loses because everyone will say see they didn't need Durant.

And if Toronto makes it and wins, Kawhi will steal Durant's spot as the most coveted free agent this offseason.

I think that is what Durant is worried about more than anything. He'll still get a huge contract and end up wherever he wants but he also wants to be the belle of the ball. If Kawhi leads the Raptors to a title while KD is on the sidelines then that will change things some.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warriors are saying he will miss the start of the finals, as will Cousins, but both think they might play during the finals. Not sure if that's newer information or not.