Reaction score
A Walk in the Woods

Release Date: September 2, 2015
Studio: Broad Green Pictures
Director: Ken Kwapis
MPAA Rating: N/A
Screenwriters: Rick Kerb, Bill Holderman
Genre: Comedy, Adventure

Starring: Emma Thompson, Nick Nolte, Robert Redford, Nick Offerman, Kristen Schaal, Mary Steenburgen

Plot Summary: In this new comedy adventure, celebrated travel writer, Bill Bryson (Academy Award winner Robert Redford), instead of retiring to enjoy his loving and beautiful wife (Academy Award winner Emma Thompson), and large and happy family, challenges himself to hike the Appalachian Trail - 2,200 miles of America’s most unspoiled, spectacular and rugged countryside from Georgia to Maine. The peace and tranquility he hopes to find, though, is anything but, once he agrees to being accompanied by the only person he can find willing to join him on the trek - his long lost and former friend Katz (Academy Award nominee Nick Nolte), a down-on-his-luck serial philanderer who, after a lifetime of relying on his charm and wits to keep one step ahead of the law – sees the trip as a way to sneak out of paying some debts and sneak into one last adventure before its too late. The trouble is, the two have a completely different definition of the word, “adventure”. Now they're about to find out that when you push yourself to the edge, the real fun begins.

You must be registered for see images attach

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It does, but I wouldn't pay movie theater prices to see it.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
This looks like it would be a fun movie to watch.

Neat story. Redford had some nice comedic lines. Nolte mumbled a bit too much. Story could have had a bit more depth, but had nice clips of the trail.

Would have been cool if Newman lived long enough to make the film with Redford. They had planned on it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Neat story. Redford had some nice comedic lines. Nolte mumbled a bit too much. Story could have had a bit more depth, but had nice clips of the trail.

Would have been cool if Newman lived long enough to make the film with Redford. They had planned on it.
Have you watched Nolte’s output recently? He ONLY mumbles. It’s the problem I have seeing trailers for new movies—if he’s in them, I think: Great, I won’t be able to understand his dialogue.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Have you watched Nolte’s output recently? He ONLY mumbles. It’s the problem I have seeing trailers for new movies—if he’s in them, I think: Great, I won’t be able to understand his dialogue.

It's been a while since I've seen him. He's really not looking good. I usually watch films with subtitles on anyway, but I would have been lost without them during his scenes in this film.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose