Suns plan to introduce new head coach Monty Williams Tuesday

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Glad Mikal is around, looks to be preparing for the season alreayd? Glad he said he takes his summers serious. Surprised I didn't see any other players there.

Didn’t you see? They’re all partying in FLA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Bridges will develop into a good starter , not sure how high his upside can be but at very least they got a starter for the future

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bridges will develop into a good starter , not sure how high his upside can be but at very least they got a starter for the future
The nice thing about Bridges is that he will be effective in whatever role you play him--starter or off the bench.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad Mikal is around, looks to be preparing for the season alreayd? Glad he said he takes his summers serious. Surprised I didn't see any other players there.

It sounded like Monty had talked to Kelly Oubre as well although I'm not sure where.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he mentioned over the phone.

I'm not sure but it is interesting Bridges and Oubre are the only two players Monty has actually talked to via voice.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously? Fantastic two-way player for the Showtime Lakers back in the 80's. Not a star, but the ultimate complimentary player.

It was in response to the reporters asking Bridges that question after the Monty Williams comparison.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean Bridges didn't know? Ugh...

He certainly knew it when the reporters asked him in post #47.

I'm guessing he might have researched it or refreshed his memory after the comparison.

Ayton should touch up on David Robinson and Booker on Brandon Roy.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean Bridges didn't know? Ugh...

Why "Ugh"? Giannis had no idea that Kidd had been a star player, it didn't seem to hurt his development. Cooper retired 6 years before Mikal was born and had he played for someone other than the Lakers there would be a lot of NBA fans that wouldn't remember him either.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why "Ugh"? Giannis had no idea that Kidd had been a star player, it didn't seem to hurt his development. Cooper retired 6 years before Mikal was born and had he played for someone other than the Lakers there would be a lot of NBA fans that wouldn't remember him either.

I was just hoping Bridges would have had a better knowledge and appreciation of the game, particularly as it pertains to someone after whom he should be modeling his game.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just hoping Bridges would have had a better knowledge and appreciation of the game, particularly as it pertains to someone after whom he should be modeling his game.

I want more from Bridges than Cooper. I think the legend of Michael exceeds the player. And to expound on what I said earlier, as is the case for most role players, if he wasn't surrounded by a bunch of great Lakers he'd be a nobody a generation after he retired. And as is often the case for role players he benefitted from low expectations.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I want more from Bridges than Cooper. I think the legend of Michael exceeds the player. And to expound on what I said earlier, as is the case for most role players, if he wasn't surrounded by a bunch of great Lakers he'd be a nobody a generation after he retired. And as is often the case for role players he benefitted from low expectations.
I think that’s harsh. Possible but harsh.

He was a fantastic defender. Long before “long” was thing. And undoubtedly he garnered more attention because of the lake show. But same could he said of many of their players. Most people wouldn’t know who Rambis, AC Green, Mychal Thompson are either. Maybe even Byron Scott.

And we have no idea if coop could’ve been more with a lesser team as well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson