Westworld (HBO)

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Definitely a darker episode. Didn’t pack an emotional punch for me, though.

Nice little reveal for the Man in Black at the end.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe there's only one ep left this season. :(

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I really liked the finale

I find it really helps to go back and watch previous episodes to try and keep track of when things are taking place. I can see how someone would think the season is convoluted without doing that. I just love their non-linear method of storytelling. It's not for everybody.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I find it really helps to go back and watch previous episodes to try and keep track of when things are taking place. I can see how someone would think the season is convoluted without doing that. I just love their non-linear method of storytelling. It's not for everybody.
You might be right? I should prolly revisit earlier episodes to see where it lost me. But Im not alone, my wife felt the same way, and my 30 yr son to some degree. I just hope they didnt overthink season 3 also?

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I enjoyed the season. Did everyone watch through the credits for the scene at the end?

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might be right? I should prolly revisit earlier episodes to see where it lost me. But Im not alone, my wife felt the same way, and my 30 yr son to some degree. I just hope they didnt overthink season 3 also?

One of the things I love about this show and GoT is the rewatchability of the series. I can catch a rerun and all of sudden lights start going on and I notice so many things I missed in the first play through. If the story is crafted well, you'll start to see where they were dropping hints and foreshadowing much of what is happening or will happen.

Town Drunk

Reaction score
Well this is a different direction.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Got to try and start this one over. Made it to about Episode 6 in Season 1 and then my interest waned. Heard Season 2 is a mess, but it may be worth slogging through to get to this very intriguing Season 3.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got to try and start this one over. Made it to about Episode 6 in Season 1 and then my interest waned. Heard Season 2 is a mess, but it may be worth slogging through to get to this very intriguing Season 3.

It's worth a try. This, Veep, and John Oliver are about the only things keeping me subscribed to HBO at this point.

Town Drunk

Reaction score

It’s definitely “heady” but I really enjoy it.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The dude from Breaking Bad. Looks good!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing the wife and I noticed was that the trailer isn't centered on "West World". It reminds me more of "Future world". I wonder if the fire that destroyed the set had any impact on production.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
One thing the wife and I noticed was that the trailer isn't centered on "West World". It reminds me more of "Future world". I wonder if the fire that destroyed the set had any impact on production.
I doubt it. The entire season started hinting at them getting off world.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt it. The entire season started hinting at them getting off world.

Yeah that seemed where they were headed but is it still “West World” if most of the story takes place “off world”?