GM of the Future?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm not sure why Peyton would want to do that, just like I have no idea why Elway's in a front office role.

He's got all of the money in the world, why go take a desk job? Same with Kurt, he's already got plenty of obligations with the media side of things, and a bunch of family obligations. Why would he want to take up a job that demands more of him than it did as a QB?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why Peyton would want to do that, just like I have no idea why Elway's in a front office role.

He's got all of the money in the world, why go take a desk job? Same with Kurt, he's already got plenty of obligations with the media side of things, and a bunch of family obligations. Why would he want to take up a job that demands more of him than it did as a QB?

If you enjoy it, why not?

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
If any former big-name player is going to be a future GM here it will be Adrian Wilson. They are grooming him hard right now. I expect it to happen in the next 10 years.
Ya know you may just be right my question is about the other players, yes they were great but what office skills and talent evaluator skills do they have BTW I Really like the Wilson as GM suggestion

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
If any former big-name player is going to be a future GM here it will be Adrian Wilson. They are grooming him hard right now. I expect it to happen in the next 10 years.
You hear his interviews?

Adub is one of my favorite cardinals of all time and never should be considered for GM. Running a teams roster and their pay is as good as it gets and you guys wanna put these former team favorites in the position.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You hear his interviews?

Adub is one of my favorite cardinals of all time and never should be considered for GM. Running a teams roster and their pay is as good as it gets and you guys wanna put these former team favorites in the position.

If he earns his dues, I have no qualm with it but I would never "hope" a guy becomes a GM someday for the team. Whomever earns it, deserves it. No hope needed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering what qualifies Peyton myself I mean Elway hasn't had a ton of success in Denver has he

you mean outside winning a playoff game with Tebow as QB, three consecutive 13 plus win seasons, 2 Conference titles and a Super Bowl Championship?

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ya know you may just be right my question is about the other players, yes they were great but what office skills and talent evaluator skills do they have BTW I Really like the Wilson as GM suggestion

Well Elway is a perfect example of why a great player even a QB doesn't necessarily translate to a good GM. His QB decisions since he has been there have been nothing more then terrible. If I am Peyton Manning there is no way I do it - why tarnish your reputation when you are a legend like that? I guess AW could be in the same category. Difference is he is learning from the ground up.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well Elway is a perfect example of why a great player even a QB doesn't necessarily translate to a good GM. His QB decisions since he has been there have been nothing more then terrible. If I am Peyton Manning there is no way I do it - why tarnish your reputation when you are a legend like that? I guess AW could be in the same category. Difference is he is learning from the ground up.
You would think the one thing John Elway would get right as a GM would be drafting a QB? Other than signing a HOF QB he has yet to get one QB decision right.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave