Arizona's fatal flaw - article

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I will see the frustration and the “I told you so” on this board when Kyler is running for his life and get horse-collared from Bosa/Solomon and Aaron Donald
I'll see your I told you so just so I can say I told you so when KM avoids all of them and scrambles for a 1st down. You so know it's going to happen and it's going to be awesome

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I said the day we hired K2 we should’ve pencil whipped Lincoln Riley with bunches of ca$h & see if would he budge!

I stick to my guns that K2 is a great offensive coach & a mediocre HC & that’s after watching tons of Tech games over the last 5 years. He was a poor game manager while there. Who knows maybe it changes, but his track record says it’s a trend.

Imagine Murray & Riley together and his proven winning ways with Big Red. Wow

Bud Wilkinson says howdy :)
You must be registered for see images attach

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I said the day we hired K2 we should’ve pencil whipped Lincoln Riley with bunches of ca$h & see if would he budge!

I stick to my guns that K2 is a great offensive coach & a mediocre HC & that’s after watching tons of Tech games over the last 5 years. He was a poor game manager while there. Who knows maybe it changes, but his track record says it’s a trend.

Riley isn’t coming to the pros for anything less than $9mil/year. I doubt Michael B would even consider that kind of hire. KK is the $.99 Store version of Riley.

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just glad we've replaced Wilks. There is no way on God's green earth that Kingsbury can be worse. We've upgraded at coach, at QB, WR and oline. We will be better this year and Kingsbury helps that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Lazy writing. I've read a few bleacher report articles on the Cardinals where it seemed like the author literally copied and pasted the same part for multiple articles.

Yes KK might suck. That's easy to say.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
incomplete passes are as close as you get to negative yards - and there will be a bunch of them - sacks, interceptions and fumbles - I just don’t think the AIR RED offense can sustain a team over the marathon NFL season. There will be flashes of hope - everybody will yell YAY! Whiz and BA could both throw it 66% of the time with limited success - but we never won poot without edge, Beanie, CJ, DJ running well. And these guys are never celebrated I’d mentioned in Larry’s or cards success.

That’s a fatal flaw

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will see the frustration and the “I told you so” on this board when Kyler is running for his life and get horse-collared from Bosa/Solomon and Aaron Donald
Ha. You won’t have to wait that long. Many on this board will turn of their tv after Murray’s first interception.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This is my concern as well. Kliff and Kyler are tied at the hip here as far as their destiny/legacy goes, and it's going to be all but impossible to pin failure on either guy without the other taking some of the blame.

I was optimistic about the KK hire until it became more and more clear that Kyler was going to come here and we were going to go from being innovative but still conceptually an NFL offense, to full on "the system works."

The confidence that we've got a much better staff than Wilks' makes me laugh. At least he had NFL experience. Don't get me wrong, he had to go, but take your Cardinals rose colored glasses off for a sec and tell me what your reaction would be any other year if I told you the worst team in the league hired a fired college head coach and drafted a 5'10 QB that had only played one year of college football.

If this were the Rams or 49ers, we would all be pointing and laughing.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I do want to follow up - that's not all based on my lack of confidence in Kyler. I would have probably felt the same about, say, Baker Mayfield. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I can definitely see us sitting here a season from now talking about how Kliff still needs to get his guys, or have guys buy into the system, or whatever.

I'm envisioning the kind of stubbornness that eventually got Ken Whisenhunt railroaded out of town.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is my concern as well. Kliff and Kyler are tied at the hip here as far as their destiny/legacy goes, and it's going to be all but impossible to pin failure on either guy without the other taking some of the blame.

I was optimistic about the KK hire until it became more and more clear that Kyler was going to come here and we were going to go from being innovative but still conceptually an NFL offense, to full on "the system works."

The confidence that we've got a much better staff than Wilks' makes me laugh. At least he had NFL experience. Don't get me wrong, he had to go, but take your Cardinals rose colored glasses off for a sec and tell me what your reaction would be any other year if I told you the worst team in the league hired a fired college head coach and drafted a 5'10 QB that had only played one year of college football.

Nah, I would give credit to the Rams & 49ers for going outside the box instead of doing a typical good ole boys league hire. Would double down on it for drafting a 5’10 prospect that everyone is overthinking of.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'll see your I told you so just so I can say I told you so when KM avoids all of them and scrambles for a 1st down. You so know it's going to happen and it's going to be awesome
Don’t get me wrong, I am optimistic on KM however he will spend a lot of his time on the move avoiding the rush from Donald and Bosa like Russell is doing lately. He will take a beating. That’s due to our inability to fix this line. Humphreys going down is inevitable. How long is the question.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Not a completely unreasonable take Solar7.

However, If I were a Rams fan, I don't think I would be laughing at the Cardinals.

The Rams were light years ahead of us last year. If we had stood pat with JR, and added a retread head coach, how threatening would that be?

No. If I'm a Ram's fan, I perceive trouble brewing in ARZ.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

However, If I were a Rams fan, I don't think I would be laughing at the Cardinals.

The Rams were light years ahead of us last year. If we had stood pat with JR, and added a retread head coach, how threatening would that be?

If I'm the Rams I'm focused on winning in the now and AZ is a complete afterthought. The balance of power isn't going to shift until the Rams have to pay Goff and such.

The Seahawks and 49ers are worth much more concern on their end right now until we prove anything else.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

LOL. Maybe if the Cards get off to a hot start, but right now I'm sure that the Rams are thinking very little about the Cards. They're 5-1 against us the last three seasons.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just don’t see how K2 could be worse than Wilks. So far everything he has done/said/explained has been better than Wilks. We’ve stuck to a 3-4, brought in a much better staff.
It can’t get worse than last year.
I agree & i guarantee he doesn't have that deer in the headlights look Wilks had.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He has said his attack will change from week to week depending on our opponent. I can’t believe he would attack every team the same way and hope they don’t figure us out.
That is one reason the Cardinals hired Tom Clements. They want him to mold the "Air Raid" into a "Pro Raid" so to speak. I hope I'm right in saying Clements won't let the offense KK is calling become too predictable. He will mold it & teach KK how & when to call certain plays from the "Air Raid" that have been sort of figured out. Tom Clements was the play caller for Aaron Rodgers on their SB run, he knows what works & I think him & KK will figure this all out.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Fair enough, I like Lincoln Riley as well but if the situations were reversed? Imagine KK coaching Oklahoma & Lincoln Riley coaching Texas Tech, you think their win loss records would be about the same? KK got all the scraps of Texas after all the other big schools took their share, he never had a good defense nor a good DC at TT, Riley never had a good defense at Oklahoma either but he got the best offensive talent. The Cardinals hiring all the defensive guys for KK leads me to believe they think his problems evolved from having nothing on the defensive side of the ball, yet believe in his play calling. Mike Leach did better than KK did at TT as the head coach but he also had some yrs where he just barely qualified for a bowl game. We shall see? I think we're in a much better situation than last yr & I'm excited to see the product on the field. We definitely have better coaching & more talent than last season for sure.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, I am optimistic on KM however he will spend a lot of his time on the move avoiding the rush from Donald and Bosa like Russell is doing lately. He will take a beating. That’s due to our inability to fix this line. Humphreys going down is inevitable. How long is the question.
Wow, love your avatar of KM in the throwback cardinals unis.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Our 5'8" QB lol. Did you see the picture of all the rookies drafted in the 1st round this yr? Can't remember the WR Murray is next to but that dude is listed at 5'9" & Murray is shorter than him even with the hair.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ha. You won’t have to wait that long. Many on this board will turn of their tv after Murray’s first interception.
It depends if the interception is a boneheaded throw or one that wasn't his fault lol? Tipped maybe or the WR ran the wrong route?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Our 5'8" QB lol. Did you see the picture of all the rookies drafted in the 1st round this yr? Can't remember the WR Murray is next to but that dude is listed at 5'9" & Murray is shorter than him even with the hair.
You must be registered for see images attach

Watch what you say, you don't want to trigger the Kyler Krew.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose