Rumor: Patrick Peterson to be traded or not or maybe

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
It is going to be an interesting training camp. I will be impressed if coach Kliff makes it through July and August without some massive controversy resulting from issues that Keim caused. Rooting for Coach Kliff. He hasn’t been handed an easy situation.
Just imagine what would happen if Murray flops while Rosen lights it up it would definitely be the Same Ole Cards in Capital letters

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thinking about it, I still very much like PP21, but I would fully entertain the idea of trading him just for the sole fact I don’t think he’s going to resign.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Thinking about it, I still very much like PP21, but I would fully entertain the idea of trading him just for the sole fact I don’t think he’s going to resign.

Hes under contract, and then franchise tag and then....move on because he'll be old and wind up playing safety for a few years.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hes under contract, and then franchise tag and then....move on because he'll be old and wind up playing safety for a few years.
I’d rather get max value for him. At his age, I don’t see a 1st, but an early 2nd, 4th, & 2021 3rd would do imo.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I’d rather get max value for him. At his age, I don’t see a 1st, but an early 2nd, 4th, & 2021 3rd would do imo.

What I hope, and this is just hope....that by the time Peterson has run his course with the Cardinals that Murphy is ready to step in and be CB1 or at least an elite CB2.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What I hope, and this is just hope....that by the time Peterson has run his course with the Cardinals that Murphy is ready to step in and be CB1 or at least an elite CB2.
I wouldn’t be opposed drafting a CB in the 3rd next year....maybe even 2nd if Peterson is traded for a 2nd & then some.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
We would be absolutely nuts to franchise tag him. Astronomical cost.

I'm not sure why people are so eager to give up on proven talent for draft picks we'll probably blow, given Keim's history. The time is now when it comes to striving for a championship. We need elite players. PP21 is one 3-4 players on this roster with true star talent. (As much as Fitz means to this team, it's tough to call him currently elite, and we don't know what we have in DJ either.)

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm not sure why people are so eager to give up on proven talent for draft picks we'll probably blow, given Keim's history. The time is now when it comes to striving for a championship. We need elite players. PP21 is one 3-4 players on this roster with true star talent. (As much as Fitz means to this team, it's tough to call him currently elite, and we don't know what we have in DJ either.)
Time is now? Do you think Palmer is still the QB?

lol, no.

Such time ended 3 years ago.

The new time is 2-3 years from now.

We’re not competing for a title this season or probably even next.

I’m “eager” because I rather get great value than sufficiently less than that by seeing him sign with another team.

Arians is not in Keim’s ear anymore to draft super fast dudes with little skill & overdraft projects because they come from small schools & have that underdog mentality like Arians.

This is a rebuild, not a reload.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Time is now? Do you think Palmer is still the QB?

lol, no.

Such time ended 3 years ago.

The new time is 2-3 years from now.

We’re not competing for a title this season or probably even next.

I’m “eager” because I rather get great value than sufficiently less than that by seeing him sign with another team.

Arians is not in Keim’s ear anymore to draft super fast dudes with little skill & overdraft projects because they come from small schools & have that underdog mentality like Arians.

This is a rebuild, not a reload.
I'm with you on 2-3 years from now, but not the narrative that things are somehow better in the drafting world with Arians gone. Keep in mind, we drafted a replacement for our #1 pick from last year already, 3 players to compete with our #2, might bench our #3 for an Arians guy (and drafted a guy that plays his position), a backup running back that is a bum, our 6th round pick is gone, and a 7th round tackle that is barely anything.

There's a decent shot we didn't select a single guy who will start day 1 of their second season last year. And all but a guarantee that only two guys in that draft class will ever be a starter.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm with you on 2-3 years from now, but not the narrative that things are somehow better in the drafting world with Arians gone. Keep in mind, we drafted a replacement for our #1 pick from last year already, 3 players to compete with our #2, might bench our #3 for an Arians guy (and drafted a guy that plays his position), a backup running back that is a bum, our 6th round pick is gone, and a 7th round tackle that is barely anything.

There's a decent shot we didn't select a single guy who will start day 1 of their second season last year. And all but a guarantee that only two guys in that draft class will ever be a starter.
That bold is confusing the hell out of me.

I don’t think Chase is a bum, at least not yet. I think he’s going to have a good season in this new offense.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
That bold is confusing the hell out of me.

I don’t think Chase is a bum, at least not yet. I think he’s going to have a good season in this new offense.
AQ Shipley might start over Cole. Shipley was running with the 1s.

Pretty much regardless of what Chase is, he's still not going to be this team's number 1 back in his rookie deal. He might be a complementary player, but the pathway to him becoming an elite NFL player is pretty rocky.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
You don’t trade the best CB in the NFL in his prime for anything less than a first. We can control Peterson for four years. Keep him and if he doesn’t want to re-sign, let him leave and I’ll be fine with the comp pick

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

#fakenews

The franchise tag is a one year deal that is an average of thr top 5. Its NOT astronomical.

That means Peterson is under team control through 2021 if he is still playing well. At the conclusion of 2021, he will be 31.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I see Peterson being just fine and playing a few more years as a Cardinal and he would make one hell of a free safety once his speed declines in my opinion... but this all hinges on Kingsbury and Murray, because if they show that there is a proverbial rainbow over the horizon, Peterson and even Fitzgerald might just want to be a part of this progression which results in productive stats and winning

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
#fakenews

The franchise tag is a one year deal that is an average of thr top 5. Its NOT astronomical.

That means Peterson is under team control through 2021 if he is still playing well. At the conclusion of 2021, he will be 31.
I mean, an average of the top 5 is pretty much by definition astronomical... it means he'll be paid at the top 5 of his position. This year it would be over $16 million, which is a ton of coin to pay. Give that two more years and we're probably hovering around $20 million.

Too much money and too much ill will created from the tag, in my opinion.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I mean, an average of the top 5 is pretty much by definition astronomical... it means he'll be paid at the top 5 of his position. This year it would be over $16 million, which is a ton of coin to pay. Give that two more years and we're probably hovering around $20 million.

Too much money and too much ill will created from the tag, in my opinion.
The rumor was, from undisclosed Cards, is when he was penalized for PEDs, they could have extended him more than two years he has left and helped him reduce his fine this year, but the players said he didn't want to extend with us more than the two years. Not saying he wanted to leave. He was looking at that big payday in tow years. He wanted it both ways.

Point being, PP is looking at possibly leaving us in two years anyway. Knowing that, maybe the orgnization may be more willing to trade?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The rumor was, from undisclosed Cards, is when he was penalized for PEDs, they could have extended him more than two years he has left and helped him reduce his fine this year, but the players said he didn't want to extend with us more than the two years. Not saying he wanted to leave. He was looking at that big payday in tow years. He wanted it both ways.

Point being, PP is looking at possibly leaving us in two years anyway. Knowing that, maybe the orgnization may be more willing to trade?
Certainly if there are extenuating circumstances where he doesn't want to play for us or wants to have his cake and eat it too, send him off. But in a world where we lose Larry Fitzgerald next year, I am apt to keep him through the duration of Kyler Murray's rookie deal, assuming the Cardinals are looking to ape the Rams/Seahawks model of winning a Super Bowl while our QB is cheap.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Point being, PP is looking at possibly leaving us in two years anyway.
Certainly if there are extenuating circumstances where he doesn't want to play for us or wants to have his cake and eat it too, send him off. But in a world where we lose Larry Fitzgerald next year, I am apt to keep him through the duration of Kyler Murray's rookie deal, assuming the Cardinals are looking to ape the Rams/Seahawks model of winning a Super Bowl while our QB is cheap.
I think that's smart, unless before the trade deadline someone offers us a first round pick, or combination of picks. No hurry to trade him for sure.