GOT: Who will sit on the Iron Throne (Open discussion of aired shows)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Was the interior of the keep destroyed? She tore up the towers and the outside of it, but what about the hall with the throne? I'd like to give the writers/showrunners the benefit of the doubt, but if that room was indeed destroyed with the throne, I would have thought 100% that they would have shown a shot of it.

The only reason I would think that supports the theory that the throne room was destroyed was
Jaime and Cersei being buried by rubble beneath the Red Keep.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was the interior of the keep destroyed? She tore up the towers and the outside of it, but what about the hall with the throne? I'd like to give the writers/showrunners the benefit of the doubt, but if that room was indeed destroyed with the throne, I would have thought 100% that they would have shown a shot of it.

The only reason I would think that supports the theory that the throne room was destroyed was
Jaime and Cersei being buried by rubble beneath the Red Keep.

I'll bet it looks like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

From season 2

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My money is on Bran to sit on the throne. He knew all of this would happened but still let it play out.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I’m going with no one. Jon will establish a new representative government before foregoing his birthright and living out his days in the North.

The Iron Throne will be destroyed.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Vegas knows something.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vegas knows something.

Bran mostly lives in the past. I can't see him ruling at all. I mean at all. Besides what is he going to do? Stare at his subjects? I actually like the theory of shared rule. I can't see after all the destruction that the ways of the past survive.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of the resolution

I dont see why Jon had to be sent to the wall again.

How did they even capture him? How do they know that he stabbed Dany?

Jon is not the type to lie about it. I imagine he walked out of the keep and turned himself in.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Not a fan of the resolution

I dont see why Jon had to be sent to the wall again.

How did they even capture him? How do they know that he stabbed Dany?

How is there even A wall? Wasnt it destroyed by the whitewalker dragon?

Total lame ending to a once great show.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is there even A wall? Wasnt it destroyed by the whitewalker dragon?

Total lame ending to a once great show.

The wall went all across northern Westeros. The dragon that the Night King had took down a spot, not the entire thing. They showed you how much came down last year in the finale.

What doesn't make sense is why there is a wall though. The wildlings and the north are friends now, or friendly, and the threat of white walkers is gone. Of course the white walkers might return but how likely is that within the next hundred or more years? It was said that it had been thousands of years since they'd last been seen but now their king/main white walker is gone. There is no point in having a wall.

I can see the Night's Watch doing something else, guarding the coast or being like a militia for Westeros but now the north is it's own land, which means that the crown sends people to the wall, through Winterfell and the north, to guard a border that isn't their's any longer.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The wall went all across northern Westeros. The dragon that the Night King had took down a spot, not the entire thing. They showed you how much came down last year in the finale.

What doesn't make sense is why there is a wall though. The wildlings and the north are friends now, or friendly, and the threat of white walkers is gone. Of course the white walkers might return but how likely is that within the next hundred or more years? It was said that it had been thousands of years since they'd last been seen but now their king/main white walker is gone. There is no point in having a wall.

I can see the Night's Watch doing something else, guarding the coast or being like a militia for Westeros but now the north is it's own land, which means that the crown sends people to the wall, through Winterfell and the north, to guard a border that isn't their's any longer.

Well, it's not like they can take down the wall themselves--how would they do it? There's a reason men couldn't topple the wall. Plus, they shipped Jon and the others north by boat, so they won't have to march them through the North. But, yeah, this season (and episode) was lame AF.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
The question was 'who will sit on the Iron Throne.' Um, no one will, it's a pile of slag.

If you want to be literal you are correct lol. I wonder if Vegas will pay out the Bran bets if that’s how they worded it. TBH no one won after this season what a letdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to be literal you are correct lol. I wonder if Vegas will pay out the Bran bets if that’s how they worded it. TBH no one won after this season what a letdown.

Great question!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Killer of his aunt or not, Jon is still Aegon Targaryen, was he not? Couldn't it be argued that he fought for the throne and won?

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Killer of his aunt or not, Jon is still Aegon Targaryen, was he not? Couldn't it be argued that he fought for the throne and won?

Jaime the king slayer and Jon the queen slayer.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
The Stark children surviving: King of Westeros, Queen of the North, King beyond the wall and exploring new lands to the west.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After EVERYTHING the Starks went through....I got what I wanted. People can argue all they want about this or that but when I break it down....I just wanted the Starks to get some level of revenge/satisfaction for everything that happen.