Rumor: Patrick Peterson to be traded or not or maybe

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is April. All of this handwringing now means nothing. September will come in less than 5 months. PP21 will probably be here. IMO. Or he wont. I will go to the Lions game and root like hell for us to win.

Every year, that's what I do.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
If they draft Kyler Murray and he doesn’t pan out, their will be a mass exodus and the Front Office will be made to look ridiculous. Would you want to play for a team who was stupid enough to hire and fire an entire coaching staff within one year of arrival and then kept a GM who fouled up the number one pick in HISTORIC buffoonery. It’s back to the same old cardinals if this plays out wrong

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You don't just let players like PP leave the building...happy or not...
You really going to go into a season with NO CB's....and you thought last years defense was bad....get rid of PP and watch.
Teams will put 40+ on ya
While your at it trade Chandler Jones so you can completely blow up the team and be ready for a move to another city after the ticket sales drop to 5%

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
You don't just let players like PP leave the building...happy or not...
You really going to go into a season with NO CB's....and you thought last years defense was bad....get rid of PP and watch.
Teams will put 40+ on ya
While your at it trade Chandler Jones so you can completely blow up the team and be ready for a move to another city after the ticket sales drop to 5%
And you don’t let them drive the bus to wherever they want to go, depending on the day of the week either!!!

Watch how the Pats, Stealers & Gmen handle situations similar...and count their rings!!!

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
"...nothing to do with anything"

Does he believe his own BS? What else are people supposed to conclude when a player does this? C'mon PP, grow up buddy.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That there are trade rumors should come as no surprise.

As to whether we should trade him, I'd expect the FO to lay out various scenarios and then evaluate them in terms of predicted performance by the secondary, cap status, impact on our locker room etc.

First on the hit parade would be to release PP outright.

Another scenario would involve a trade

A third option would be to keep him and monitor the situation early and often.

Part of the evaluation would involve newcomers to the secondary and their strengths, weaknesses, production, durability, fit within the system etc.

My instincts tell me that any decision on PP adhere to a pre-arranged process and not a wild reflex move that could end up hurting the football team.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That there are trade rumors should come as no surprise.

As to whether we should trade him, I'd expect the FO to lay out various scenarios and then evaluate them in terms of predicted performance by the secondary, cap status, impact on our locker room etc.

First on the hit parade would be to release PP outright.

Another scenario would involve a trade

A third option would be to keep him and monitor the situation early and often.

Part of the evaluation would involve newcomers to the secondary and their strengths, weaknesses, production, durability, fit within the system etc.

My instincts tell me that any decision on PP adhere to a pre-arranged process and not a wild reflex move that could end up hurting the football team.
not easy to handle this situation for the FO

u have a probowler coming from a suspension , obviously tha talent should demand a first round pick but everybody knows he is not happy playing for the cardinals, a new chapter started , better have every players on the same page and not someone who put a bad attitude and can poison the locker room
dont know what they are willing to do, at this point a second rounder and a player should be a fairly compensation

Last edited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
not easy to handle this situation for the FO

u have a probowler coming from a suspension , obviously tha talent should demand a first round pick but everybody knows he is not happy playing for the cardinals, a new chapter started , better have every players on the same page and not someone who put a bad attitude and can poison the locker room
dont know what they are willing to do, at this point a second rounder and a player should be a fairly compensation
When considering a guy like Peterson, there is no middle ground ( i.e. either you get Pro-Bowl trade value for him or you might as well keep him and pray). With anything in between, we're gonna get screwed.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
In my opinion it's a catch-22, he's not happy doesn't seem to want to be here but if you trade him who's going to take over for him? There's no talent at CB like his on this team

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
There's no talent at CB like his on this team
There aren't even 3 CBs like him in the whole NFL.

He did great for many years, now made a mistake. Much less deserving players made mistakes and weren't crucified. It sucks, but can't change it, so let's go ahead. We won't get a proper compensation for PP either this year or next. Our best bet is to keep him and try to negotiate a fair deal. If he leaves in FA in two years, we get a 3rd round pick in return anyway.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
“Since last season, the Chiefs have been interested in acquiring Peterson via a trade with the Cardinals, who were asking for plenty back in compensation before the league’s Oct. 30 deadline,” Taylor said. “The Cardinals, however, according to multiple league sources, didn’t want to discuss a possible trade with the Chiefs before the NFL Draft last month. With Peterson’s suspension, it’s possible that the Chiefs could approach the Cardinals again, this time during training camp in August.”
https://clutchpoints.com/chiefs-rum...rdinals-for-patrick-peterson-trade-in-august/

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
If they draft Kyler Murray and he doesn’t pan out, their will be a mass exodus and the Front Office will be made to look ridiculous. Would you want to play for a team who was stupid enough to hire and fire an entire coaching staff within one year of arrival and then kept a GM who fouled up the number one pick in HISTORIC buffoonery. It’s back to the same old cardinals if this plays out wrong

It is going to be an interesting training camp. I will be impressed if coach Kliff makes it through July and August without some massive controversy resulting from issues that Keim caused. Rooting for Coach Kliff. He hasn’t been handed an easy situation.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
"...nothing to do with anything"

Does he believe his own BS? What else are people supposed to conclude when a player does this? C'mon PP, grow up buddy.
And what did he mean about his “snakes in the grass” comment? I’m sure he will come up with some B.S. if hasn’t already explaining what he meant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA