Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fruitvale Station

Release Date: July 12, 2013 (limited)
Studio: The Weinstein Company
Director: Ryan Coogler
Screenwriter: Ryan Coogler
Genre: Drama
MPAA Rating: R (for some violence, language throughout and some drug use)

Starring: Michael B. Jordan, Octavia Spencer, Melonie Diaz, Ahna O'Reilly, Kevin Durand, Chad Michael Murray

Plot Summary: Winner of both the Grand Jury Prize for dramatic feature and the Audience Award for U.S. dramatic film at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival, director Ryan Coogler’s "Fruitvale Station" follows the true story of Oscar Grant (Michael B. Jordan), a 22-year-old Bay Area resident who wakes up on the morning of December 31, 2008 and feels something in the air. Not sure what it is, he takes it as a sign to get a head start on his resolutions: being a better son to his mother (Octavia Spencer), whose birthday falls on New Year’s Eve, being a better partner to his girlfriend Sophina (Melonie Diaz), who he hasn’t been completely honest with as of late, and being a better father to Tatiana (Ariana Neal), their beautiful four year-old daughter. Crossing paths with friends, family, and strangers, Oscar starts out well, but as the day goes on, he realizes that change is not going to come easily. His resolve takes a tragic turn, however, when BART officers shoot him in cold blood at the Fruitvale subway stop on New Year’s Day. Oscar’s life and tragic death would shake the Bay Area – and the entire nation – to its very core.

You must be registered for see images attach

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I can't wait to see this looks really good. I think Jordan is a great actor liked him ever since FNL

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Just saw this last night. Surprised there's not really any discussion on it, I thought it was a superb job by Jordan. Definitely my favourite Michael Jordan.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Just saw this last night. Surprised there's not really any discussion on it, I thought it was a superb job by Jordan. Definitely my favourite Michael Jordan.

I'm surprised as well. Excellent film. Coogler showed that he was brilliant right from the beginning.