2019 6th round pick 2 is Lamont Gaillard C

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
Lamont Gaillard

6'3"305 lbs Georgia

Pre-Draft Analysis

Gaillard has adequate size with above-average length and big hands. He has lined up at guard and center. Gaillard takes solid angles and gets good leverage in the run game. He's very effective with his timing and awareness on combo blocks. He's tough and flashes an edge as a finisher. He shows good awareness, but he's a limited athlete who will be overmatched by quickness one-on-one in pass protection.
All good o linemen in the NFL are at least good athletes
He handled Q Williams. Started his entire career. Guys like Gaillard make it all of the time in the NFL.

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
Plenty of players.

My point about Brady is that athleticism doesnt matter for some positions.

What's the point about posting beginner level articles on OL? LOL
Bc ur a beginner who doesn't know much
Like who

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Limited athlete, prob not a good pick, will be off the roster in a few seasons

It's the 6th round. Of course he's not a prefect prospect. Maybe you can fill the world in on who these perfect athletes are that were available in round 6? Sheesh.

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
It's the 6th round. Of course he's not a prefect prospect. Maybe you can fill the world in on who these perfect athletes are that were available in round 6? Sheesh.
You act like I've never heard of the 6th round

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
Yep. Hes probably 13. Most of us have forgotten more about football than he knows.

Hes moved to my block list for being annoying and adding nothing of value.
Literally, the only thing you've done is irritate me & tell me I'm wrong so why don't stop worrying about me & get a life you loser

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad Nate Herbig wasn't available in the 6th round.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listened to Gaillard on Doug&Wolfe this morning. Man I'm excited to see this kid play. I really think he is going to bring a much needed nasty attitude to the OL. My favorite quote from the interview was that for Gaillard, driving a defender into the turf was "Part of the Happiness of the Game". I think Wolfe almost proposed to him right there.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm a little late on the "limited athleticism" argument, but every player in the NFL is one hell of an athlete. You don't make it to this level without being that. But some guys are just elite, whereas the rest are really good.

I see no issues with taking a flyer on Gaillard in the 6th, but I don't think he's going to be more than a role player.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm a little late on the "limited athleticism" argument, but every player in the NFL is one hell of an athlete. You don't make it to this level without being that. But some guys are just elite, whereas the rest are really good.

I see no issues with taking a flyer on Gaillard in the 6th, but I don't think he's going to be more than a role player.

Agreed he likely is never a starter, but offensive line is a place where less athletic, but nasty brawlers can carve out careers. Fullback used to be that way, as well as blocking TEs and 2 down Mike's. Trench players.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Agreed he likely is never a starter, but offensive line is a place where less athletic, but nasty brawlers can carve out careers. Fullback used to be that way, as well as blocking TEs and 2 down Mike's. Trench players.

I would say C is probably even an easier position for that to happen. AQ Shipley was 7th round pick and has started 54 games in the NFL.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
C is arguably the most cerebral position on the OL. They are the QB of the OL and have to make adjustments on the fly. An intelligent C will make it in the NFL, if they are athletic as well they should thrive in NFL.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I feel the same but I think he has a better than fair chance to actually be a starter because the guy pretty much held his own against SEC competition