Why is there any sympathy for Peterson?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree with most of you with he knew EXACTLY what he was doing when he put the PED's in his system...thus the masking agent.

It is entirely possible, and plausible that he took a substance without researching it, not knowing that it was banned, and then took a masking agent to cover that up.

It would be like breaking a vase as a kid and lying about it to order to not get in trouble. An accident, and then a stupid behavior to cover that up.

Do I think that is what happened? Not sure. It is though entirely possible. Should he get the benefit of the doubt, probably not.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Really. You make 11 million dollars a year. You could hire a personal limo and body guard if necessary. I’d rather he just come out and say I won’t be attending the ota’s without offering up an excuse. He’ll be at mandatory because missing that will cost him more money.

Bottom line is if he comes back and applies himself then welcome back. If he comes back as his recently diva attitude then get what you can for him and move on.
I though the same thing about his reason for skipping OTAs.

If he can’t attend OTAs because he has to drive his kids to school then why did he attend OTAs each of the previous years?

It’s insulting that he thinks we will believe his obvious B.S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Amazing that baseball figured out how to deal with PED’s 15 years ago after the McGwire-Sosa fiasco and the NFL still can’t figure out how to deal with marijuana. Incompetent management at the top.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Amazing that baseball figured out how to deal with PED’s 15 years ago after the McGwire-Sosa fiasco and the NFL still can’t figure out how to deal with marijuana. Incompetent management at the top.

The NFLPA’s ignorance on the matter doesn’t help, either.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think the possibility of no P2 & Larry on team next season is too insane for some people to process hence the eagerness to forgive. Also P2 has always been the safety blanket for fans when Cards players get no love from media etc.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

If he can’t attend OTAs because he has to drive his kids to school then why did he attend OTAs each of the previous years?

One kid she's 3, born in 2015 during All Or Nothing, so probably wasn't in preschool until this year.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Turn on 98.7
Gambo has clearly become a valley sports apologist the last few years. Full of excuses for Phoenix sports failures in terms of bad ownership and/or front office decisions. The anti-Bickley if you will.

There's a dynamic growing between Burns and Gambo where the Suns are concerned for example. Burns is a true lifelong Suns fan and has been openly critical of the Suns front office ineptitude as of late(and rightly so) and Gambo will rarely go there anymore.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I think the possibility of no P2 & Larry on team next season is too insane for some people to process hence the eagerness to forgive. Also P2 has always been the safety blanket for fans when Cards players get no love from media etc.

As Swayze said: “It will get worse before it gets better.” I will be at the opening day kickoff but I expect bad football after that. Hope I am wrong, but I don’t see this schedule as favorable to Kliff and Keim after the bye week. Brutal

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Gambo has clearly become a valley sports apologist the last few years. Full of excuses for Phoenix sports failures in terms of bad ownership and/or front office decisions. The anti-Bickley if you will.

There's a dynamic growing between Burns and Gambo where the Suns are concerned for example. Burns is a true lifelong Suns fan and has been openly critical of the Suns front office ineptitude as of late(and rightly so) and Gambo will rarely go there anymore.

Bickley, MJ, Jodi Jackson, Bob Kemp. Why has the biggest wrack?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't have sympathy for him, but I think the Cardinals "should stand with Peterson". Like the Seahawks stood with Richard Sherman when he got popped for using PED's. I do think that he is on his last strike with the team.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right thread to put this in but any who.

Peterson cheated, tried to cover up the cheating, got caught cheating and trying to cover up the cheating, and then wanted the team to help him essentially cheat the system through not-so-creative accounting practices.

The last part is legitimate, a financial loophole that the league has never bothered to try to close. But it was smart for the Cardinals to say no.

First, the Cardinals are saving $3.88 million, in both cash and cap space. Second, the Cardinals have more flexibility regarding Peterson’s future. Because he won’t be on the active roster when the regular season begins, Peterson’s 2019 base salary won’t be fully guaranteed. If they decide to move on from him during or after the six-game suspension, they can.
https://sports.yahoo.com/cardinals-were-smart-not-restructure-151914868.html

OP
OP
K

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
He asked for a trade mid season last year, and had the gall to ask team to restructure deal, they said no, he gets mad again.

Eventually PPat has to look in mirror, the problem is YOU, nobody else.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

that was a joke of a reasoning. He could do both I am sure, he is just using that as an excuse. "my wife is a doctor" but she has always been a doctor.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose