Cards will support Peterson

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Did he really expect the Cards to pay him during suspension??

That's a great message, Use a banned substance, get a paid vacation. :confused:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Card statement left some wiggle room like he didn’t know it was illegal substance, but is responsible for everything that goes into his body - I’m glad he is taking it like a man - not appealing - I like him as a person - always have . Hope him the very best and returns with a great attitude and finishes as a card

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I think that the NFL has gone too far in punishing players for “substances.” But the rules are the rules. To me, a General Manager being arrested for committing a crime is worse than Daryl Washington or Randy Gregory smoking pot. But the rules are the rules.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t hate the guy. I’m angry with him because I don’t understand why he thought he could scam the system and by failing not accurately weighing the cost. Not only for him but the team and the fans. I will be happy to see him return if it’s not diva Peterson.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
The cards took a big chance on HB and helped turn his life around in a lot of ways. Overpaid him essentially and now he’s bashing them because of Pedersons issue. Rather see HB just keep his mouth shut and provide his support behind the scenes. How quickly he forgets.
To me the Badger is the snake in the grass :lol:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Asked around, best guess is he’d only get a 3rd or 4th rounder in a trade. Waste of talent to do that.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If the suspension costs PP $3.5M, does the team save that amount in CAP money? After all they will have to sign a CB for at least the first six games.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
If the suspension costs PP $3.5M, does the team save that amount in CAP money? After all they will have to sign a CB for at least the first six games.

Why sign another CB? Cards already have 10 or 11 under contract.Several have NFL starting experience -Alford,Brock,Shaw,Amerson.Plus Bryron Murphy.Between the Veterans under contract and the rookies and PS guys there are enough to find 5-6 guys good enough to be adequate for the season.Just because PP is a freaking idiot why spend more CAP money on a FA who isn`t likely to be better than what is on the roster now?

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One other thing . A lot of posters are talking about stripping him of his C. I’m willing to bet it won’t happen. His teammates vote him captain and his teammates will stand behind him.

If Peterson is the person and the competitor most of us believe he is, he will come back with a vengeance. Edelman got suspended and the Patriots fans didn’t disown him and he went on to be the super bowl MVP.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
BW52, it doesn't have to be a CB. My question is does the team save that amount in CAP money?
Here was implications of Ezekiel Elliot’s suspension s couple of years ago:

As for the team’s cap, they will get back cap space for the base salary forfeiture and signing bonus payback once the regular season begins. That will give the club a little over $2 million of additional cap space to carry throughout the season and into 2018 if they choose to roll it over.

As of right now, the Cowboys have just over $15 million of 2017 cap space according to Over The Cap.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/cowboy...uspension-salary-cap-impact-implications/amp/

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
One other thing . A lot of posters are talking about stripping him of his C. I’m willing to bet it won’t happen. His teammates vote him captain and his teammates will stand behind him.

If Peterson is the person and the competitor most of us believe he is, he will come back with a vengeance. Edelman got suspended and the Patriots fans didn’t disown him and he went on to be the super bowl MVP.

Agree that he can still come back from all of the drama of the past year.

I'm guessing the Cardinal's complete failure as a franchise in 2018 really had a really negative effect on Peterson, and so I'm not inclined to judge him too harshly.

Not condoning his behavior, and he truly is one strike away from forcing the Cardinal's to cut ties with him.

But almost like Keim, he's accumulated enough goodwill to get one more at bat.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Something bothers me here:

A team "supports" a player who uses recreational drugs to party-on or supply a habit (The hope being he doesn't hurt himself or others)

PED's are taken to give a player unfair advantage over opponents and teammates competing for roster spots and who play by the rules. In this respect, Patrick got caught cheating.

As a fan, the best I can come up is that - Peterson is a very good corner who can still help us, but I'd be very wary of trusting him.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would think a drug's a drug.
A PED is different from a recreational drug because of motivation - whereas recreational,drugs are taken to "feel good" or support a habit, PED's are taken to gain an unfair advantage over an opponent competitively or a teammate to win a roster spot.

In this respect, Peterson cheated. No sympathy.

When the Cardinals win, I want to feel proud that they played better than the other team/ & not because they took better drugs...

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jeff, I hear what you're saying. But I have read that athletes take drugs (PED's) in order to "speed up" recovery time when they've been injured.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave