Patrick Peterson suspended for PED’s - Suspended 6 games

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s the mystery. If Peterson went to the Cardinals and said hey, I failed a drug test so can we add a couple of years to my contract so I don’t lose so much money and the Cardinals said no, thus the “ snakes in the grass” tweet. The only way the league would allow a restructure is to add years. If Peterson didn’t want to add years so he can become a free agent then why is he mad st the Cardinals?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
When Brady was suspended for 4 games in 2017 the Patriots restructured his contract to where he only made $1 million in salary that year. The rest ($13 million) was converted to a signing bonus which was protected from forfeiting in a suspension.
They could do that because they added years to Brady's contract. PP, according to players via Gambo, wants to play his two years left then hit free agency. PP refuses to add years to his contract. Gambo says that is the difference.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris, gimme a call. I have some superb beachfront property in Tucson you’d have to be stupid not to purchase!

I am just trying to put together the most logical progression.

You either believe he was serial doper as Shane describes who managed to be brilliant until now. He was great at hiding and then suddenly became dumb on all of his steps after being caught.

Or he is telling his perception of the events and he is just consistently dumb.

There are 5 pages of banned substances in the NFL. Heck Sudafed is a banned substance.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or Patrick’s just been a doper for some time and got caught… We need to quit making excuses for these idiots…

Conjecture of the highest order.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

You either believe he was serial doper as Shane describes who managed to be brilliant until now. He was great at hiding and then suddenly became dumb on all of his steps after being caught.

There are 5 pages of banned substances in the NFL. Heck Sudafed is a banned substance.

Thanx Chris. I have been contemplating taking Sudafed for post nasal drip at this time of year in Texas when pollen makes allergies go crazy and you helped me dodge a bullet... at 51, I do not want to risk any slim chance of maybe one day going pro :D

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PEDerson has technically issued no statement about this issue...yet another idiotic move.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe he received his PEDs for supplements from Cardinals staff and then they didn't support him. Maybe this was his cryptic message around draft time.

What is it exactly about Peterson, that makes you think if that was the case, he wouldn't have already thrown them completely under the bus?

Even the very remote possibility this happened.... The rule states "it's up to the player"... Not the organization to know what they are taking.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Serial doper? Probably not but hardly a stretch he’s been doing it for a couple years. Guys with his money can easily use stuff that’s ahead of the detection process. That’s a rapidly changing area in relation to PEDS.

I certainly don’t buy it was something due to his diabetes and anyone who does is naive as can be... Send them my way and I’ll sell them my swamp land in Florida.

Last edited:

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
True story: I was wearing a Patrick Peterson wristband this morning. I went to take it off for a sec and it broke about an hour before this news came out.

Sorry guys, all my fault.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm joining this discussion late but didn't Mitch want to trade Peterson.

I don't read the other site but if he did, his opinion is looking good right now.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Cards statement said he, cards and fans are disappointed- but ultimately he is responsible for everything he puts in his body

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Serial doper? Probably not but hardly unlikely he’s been doing it for a couple years. Guys with his money can easily use stuff that’s ahead of the detection process. That’s a rapidly changing area in relation to PEDS.

I certainly don’t buy it was something due to his diabetes and anyone who does is naive as can be... Send them my way and I’ll sell them my swamp land in Florida.

Believe what you will but you have no more support for your views than those who think differently.

Truly naive is buying swamp land in the first place. :)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Explains why all the CBs being brought in. Gambo said it's about a month the Cards have known.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's the question I have for everyone twisting themselves into logical pretzels to believe PEDerson was a victim of the laborious rules on banned substances:

If he wore a Dallas Star on his helmet, would you believe him?

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
here's the question I have for everyone twisting themselves into logical pretzels to believe PEDerson was a victim of the laborious rules on banned substances:

No cards have a much better reputation then cowboys - they had their whole Dline suspended for this or that multiple years recently. PP is such a key core and well respected its a shock - but needs to take his medicine and come back swinging. I like him - so has more grace

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No chance in hell

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose