Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
TJ replaces the Mirotic role too. That's what I was thinking too, i'm not sure how his player option works into all of this.
I bet TJ, if he has a player option, would use it to stay on the Pelicans. That will be a nice team on paper.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet TJ, if he has a player option, would use it to stay on the Pelicans. That will be a nice team on paper.

Randle has a player option, TJ is locked in for the next 4 years, maybe 3, but he's locked in for a while.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Randle has a player option, TJ is locked in for the next 4 years, maybe 3, but he's locked in for a while.
It's too bad it is rumored we pissed off TJ with the playing time reduction. I get every player wants to be a starter, but there's only five on each team. Maybe a new coach, if Williams can effectively talk to him, will make him stay. I like Randle, but if Williams wants a stretch four, TJ playing out of position is better than Randle in that situation. If we want a low post threat, with Ayton being the mid range shooter, then Randle is better.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
OK. Last year I was singing the praises of Landry Shamet at this time. I see another player like him.

Shamorie Ponds.

Solid all around game. No glaring weaknesses. Good assist to turnover ratio. But one of the best predictors of NBA success historically has been steals. He averaged 2.6 per game. I would be glad to take him at 32, especially if we do not take a pg at 6 (or trade out of 6).
I like Ponds too at 32

SunsFanFirst

Veteran
Reaction score
Chuma Okeke at 32 would be a steal and fills a need at PF. Plays good D, can score, and knock down 3’s. Coming off an acl in sweet 16, otherwise 1st round pick

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
I would like us to trade back to the late teens and slightly overpay for Ty Jerome, who is an Andre Miller -solid and steady- PG with an ultra high Assist-TO ratio...

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would like us to trade back to the late teens and slightly overpay for Ty Jerome, who is an Andre Miller -solid and steady- PG with an ultra high Assist-TO ratio...
I think Ponds is better but Jerome is intriguing with his size.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tacko Fall with a 10-2.5 standing reach! And he looks like he has added a lot of muscle on his frame. He is moving much better. He will be a force, in specialty situations at least, in this NBA. He just covers a lot of space.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just watched some taco highlights he looks ok but he plays soft

Wouldn't be upset if suns got him let him develop in d lg a while you can't teach height.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I know. Let some other team develop Tacko. If we didn't need key pieces under a tight cap this year, you take a guy like this and put him on a four year development program. In year four, you assess his progress. Bigs take a long time to mature. That's why I am not as hard on Bender as some. Robin Lopez rounded out to a nice player after a long time. I bet Len will be decent, too. Bigs you have to play the long game. That's why while Ayton was a 16/10 guy, most ex-NBA players were high on him. It's like he is starting a year or two ahead of pace. Especially since he only played one year of college.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gina Mizell (@ginamizell)
5/16/19, 2:26 PM
Gonzaga’s Brandon Clarke, a Desert Vista HS product, says he interviewed with the #Suns today. As of now, he does not have a workout planned with Phoenix. But he acknowledged it would be rad to play for his hometown team.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Culver and Clarke are now the two I least want at #6. (Culver was always my worst pick there, and Clarke leapfrogged Reddish for me with his wing measurements for a power forward).

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We do this every year, go through prospects, draft someone, they don't pan out. We should just give up hope in a #6 pick being worthwhile to us at this state of our franchise. We need a starter. i'm just so down due to our current situation right now.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We do this every year, go through prospects, draft someone, they don't pan out. We should just give up hope in a #6 pick being worthwhile to us at this state of our franchise. We need a starter. i'm just so down due to our current situation right now.
We are debating in another thread the value of the 6th pick in general. Not sure it's worth much to any other team either,

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We are debating in another thread the value of the 6th pick in general. Not sure it's worth much to any other team either,
See I’m unsure I agree. I think there are some wings that teams could like. We just really don’t need those.