Patrick Peterson suspended for PED’s - Suspended 6 games

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He took the masking agent after finding out the substance was banned. Which is why the masking agent didn't work and was detected.

It's about the dumbest thing I can imagine but all the pieces align. I don't believe he intended to cheat but he is being dumb and selfish through the entire process

So you are buying what he is selling. He took something that ended up being banned but instead of trying to remedy the situation the correct way he tried to hide it...cover it up...deceive ownership/employer. Now he has hurt his team.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I will give my take, and it's simply my take. I am a distance runner and my running partner is a type I diabetic. He played college football and luckily did not get diagnosed till after playing ball. He is 55 years of age now, runs six miles a day and still has all his fingers and toes, eye sight and such but he has to be careful. Once when running he stubbed his toe and it was a scare because a injury like that for him could result in him losing his toe or more due to how his condition does not allot for recovery as in a normal person. My mother is type II, and as we know she has to be tested and have her eye's checked etc.. Now my mother does not have to take insulin but my running partner does due to his heighten condition. Type II still does affect when one is bruised or bleeding. Meaning this is not just about performance but the ability to perform with the injuries one can sustain playing professional football, the ability to simply recover

I do not fault Peterson because it appears he is simply doing what he has to do to keep playing and as some I believe have mentioned could now result in his possible retirement. He's responsible for breaking substance rules whether he felt he has a choice or not and I am not saying he should not be punished for breaking a league law, but I can understand why on his behalf. I am not mad at Peterson for wanting to be himself with his God given talent which his condition does not provide a even slate compared to the WRs he has to cover or the players he is expected to tackle. Funny how some call him a puss for not being a physical tackler when tackling a guy could result in a injury for him none of us would have to worry about. I am not mad at the Cardinal front office because they cannot accommodate his actions, as a organization they cannot be an accomplice to breaking something imposed by the league which they belong

I am bummed because he's one of the greatest corners to play the game and happens to be on my team I root for, and this seems to be what it takes for him to play now. I'm not mad at him or the organization... and his behavior I can forgive because I can only imagine what it must feel like not being able to be the best at something which might no longer be an option can make one lose their emotive control and lash out

Sure, but he tried masking the drug and after he got caught wanted the Cardinals to restructure his deal so he wouldn't lose out on much money for trying to game the system. In addition, he trashed the organization on Instagram after he didn't get his way.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I love PP but I have a hard time buying his excuse because that's what they all say. Hell Trier is still claiming he didn't take PED's in college even after the guy who literally invented the test the NCAA used to catch Trier cheating, said his excuse was completely implausible and not credible. Almost nobody ever admits they were just trying to get an edge. I would love to believe PP was doing this because of his Diabetes but if it happened in the offseason would that make sense?

It will be interesting to see how much we have to tweak the defense with him not there, I think people who routinely criticize him will realize how good we had it all these years with him at CB. But there's no excuse he apparently cheated and got caught, got to face the consequences

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will give my take, and it's simply my take. I am a distance runner and my running partner is a type I diabetic. He played college football and luckily did not get diagnosed till after playing ball. He is 55 years of age now, runs six miles a day and still has all his fingers and toes, eye sight and such but he has to be careful. Once when running he stubbed his toe and it was a scare because a injury like that for him could result in him losing his toe or more due to how his condition does not allot for recovery as in a normal person. My mother is type II, and as we know she has to be tested and have her eye's checked etc.. Now my mother does not have to take insulin but my running partner does due to his heighten condition. Type II still does affect when one is bruised or bleeding. Meaning this is not just about performance but the ability to perform with the injuries one can sustain playing professional football, the ability to simply recover

I do not fault Peterson because it appears he is simply doing what he has to do to keep playing and as some I believe have mentioned could now result in his possible retirement. He's responsible for breaking substance rules whether he felt he has a choice or not and I am not saying he should not be punished for breaking a league law, but I can understand why on his behalf. I am not mad at Peterson for wanting to be himself with his God given talent which his condition does not provide a even slate compared to the WRs he has to cover or the players he is expected to tackle. Funny how some call him a puss for not being a physical tackler when tackling a guy could result in a injury for him none of us would have to worry about. I am not mad at the Cardinal front office because they cannot accommodate his actions, as a organization they cannot be an accomplice to breaking something imposed by the league which they belong

I am bummed because he's one of the greatest corners to play the game and happens to be on my team I root for, and this seems to be what it takes for him to play now. I'm not mad at him or the organization... and his behavior I can forgive because I can only imagine what it must feel like not being able to be the best at something which might no longer be an option can make one lose their emotive control and lash out
Many of us are uneducated about this subject just like alcoholism. But here’s the thing JS. His trade demand turned us off. Then he apologises and announces he’s here to stay. Everyone’s happy. Then he scrubs his account of all cardinal stuff and the “ snakes in the grass” tweet. Once again we are all miffed. Why?

Now he fails a drug test and then gets caught using a masking agent.

Now we seem to be finding out he was mad because the Cardinals wouldn’t(COULDN’T) restructure his contract without adding years. Here’s the rub. Who didn’t want to add years to his contract? The cards or Peterson?

This story hasn’t fully unfolded yet.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
On the restructure:

What Peterson wanted isn't legal by the NFL. He would have to do an actual restructure and add years to the deal. That is what Brady did.

Peterson does not want to add years to his deal. He wants to be a free agent in two years.

We also don’t know how much he wanted them to push to 2020. He was going to lose money regardless and the team has every right to keep their cap space intact the following summer. I suppose they could’ve pushed salary up from other players but that could’ve increased the chances they get get released in their minds. It would’ve been much less complicated had he not effed up and then tried to hide it.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
So how do you feel about the supposed “rumor” of him being pissed at mgmt because they wouldn’t redo his contract to offset his $4 mil suspension loss?

If true, I think that’s a total horse poo move by PP

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timeline likely:

Peterson takes something
Someone tells him that substance is banned
He takes a masking agent out of panic
He gets drug tested and fails
Patrick goes to organization and wants his contract reworked to limit his liability
Organization says no it can't do that
Patrick says "Don't have this come out before my charity event"
It comes out before attempt

Unknowns and reasons for distrust -

Organization:
Is Patrick lying about why he took the substance?

Patrick:

Did whomever he talk to rat him out and that is why he got drug tested
Who released the suspension news despite what he requested

Or Patrick’s just been a doper for some time and got caught… We need to quit making excuses for these idiots…

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would either side want to add years to someone who apparently doesn’t want to be here? Just sayin
That’s the mystery. If Peterson went to the Cardinals and said hey, I failed a drug test so can we add a couple of years to my contract so I don’t lose so much money and the Cardinals said no, thus the “ snakes in the grass” tweet. The only way the league would allow a restructure is to add years. If Peterson didn’t want to add years so he can become a free agent then why is he mad st the Cardinals?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
98.7 is saying and hinting that PP could have been ratted out and not caught via a test.... Another way of getting a more then 4 game suspension
Whaaaaat? If that’s true holy ¥%€* is our front office stupid.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bob McManaman (@azbobbymac)
5/16/19, 2:05 PM
If Patrick Peterson took a banned substance without his knowledge to combat something, this is what the NFL Players Association clearly states on its website: “The final responsibility rests with you to ensure that you do not take a banned substance."
At the end of the day there are people in the nfl offices PEDerson could check with before ingesting anything. Again, I don’t buy his bogus story.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He took the masking agent after finding out the substance was banned. Which is why the masking agent didn't work and was detected.

It's about the dumbest thing I can imagine but all the pieces align. I don't believe he intended to cheat but he is being dumb and selfish through the entire process
Chris, gimme a call. I have some superb beachfront property in Tucson you’d have to be stupid not to purchase!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So you are buying what he is selling. He took something that ended up being banned but instead of trying to remedy the situation the correct way he tried to hide it...cover it up...deceive ownership/employer. Now he has hurt his team.
Or god forbid contact the league and ask if it’s a banned substance. Pretty easy to avoid a slip up these days, if you want to.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose