Cards will support Peterson

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals are not going to trade Peterson. They will circle the wagons and support him as much as HE will let them.

Look no further than a little less than a year ago. Steve Keim busted. They didn’t fire Keim but could have. He paid a huge fine and served his suspension. Yes it will cost Peterson close to 4 million dollars. It’s the price HE knew he it would cost him when he took the risk.

I believe Bidwill will release a statement saying he is disappointed but will provide any support Patrick may need at this time.

This will put the ball right in Peterson’s lap. He either stands up, takes responsibility for the situation and moves forward or he won’t. Remember, if he had a legit reason to appeal he would. He dropped his appeal.

Your call Patrick. You can force your ticket out of here or you can suck it up and support the team and the fans that has made you a gazzilionaire. The Cardinals AND the fans will support you if you want them to and you do the right thing.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They don’t have much of a choice in the matter... he is under contract for two more years and his trade value has just plummeted. It’s not rocket science.
Peterson has bad mouthed the organization now for the last 9 months. I guess what I’m saying is the organization won’t “retaliate”.

All involve will forgive and embrace him. The team, the players and ( most) fans IF HE handles this right.

He has painted himself into a corner that only he can get himself out of.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I cannot believe Peterson being mad. You cannot change or get a new contract without approval by the NFL and the Player's union. Does he really think the NFL will let him sign an extension with the Cards and reduce money this year to reduce a possible fine? No way! Maybe Keim should have went through the motions knowing the NFL would block it anyway. What the hell is Peterson thinking?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe Peterson being mad. You cannot change or get a new contract without approval by the NFL and the Player's union. Does he really think the NFL will let him sign an extension with the Cards and reduce money this year to reduce a possible fine? No way! Maybe Keim should have went through the motions knowing the NFL would block it anyway. What the hell is Peterson thinking?
:BIM: Pederson

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shane is right. He is not going to be traded. His trade value is significantly reduced. Makes more sense to keep him.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They don’t have much of a choice in the matter... he is under contract for two more years and his trade value has just plummeted. It’s not rocket science.

I am not 100% sure his trade value has plummeted...yet. How he comes out of the suspension and plays will possibly erase any concerns.

This isn't a one off. He has been using PEDs for some time and I think the idea that his skills may suddenly fall off the cliff is integrating and even likely. At that point his value is lowered.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Shane is right. He is not going to be traded. His trade value is significantly reduced. Makes more sense to keep him.
Mmmm Antonio Brown & OBJ after mega deals

If they don’t its a major mistake imo. How many times does he need to piss in the face of the Bidwill’s & organization? It’s time.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pardon me for being such a hard-ass but I just can't let this one go.

I watch pro football games always within the context of analyzing a team's pros & cons, guessing how things will turn out and hoping that we'll win.

Anything that interferes with 2 teams going at it toe to toe and thus corrupting the outcome makes the game no longer worth watching.

This not a matter of a little recreational weed. By ingesting PED's Patrick sought to gain an unfair edge over both his opponents and teammates competing with PP for a roster spot.

While the selfish half of my brain is upset that we'll be without Patrick for 6 games, the "fair-play" half says "good riddance." It will be hard to remain enthusiastic about logging onto anything Cardinals each morning.

The End.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Trade him.What happens if he comes back and it becomes evident he isn't the same player?He has a case of the red ass with the organization so clean the slate and trade him.Do the Cards need this extra drama with a rookie HC and a rookie QB?

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cards are going to support him, but they were not about to alter his contract so he wouldn't have to pay....and PP was mad.
The Patriots did it for Brady during deflate gate so Brady only lost $100,000.
Cards said NOPE...you'll pay the $3.5 mill
Support him ...what can they do other than say he's on the team and we like him.
PP was an idiot for taking PED's then trying to mask it....and note this is his 2nd time. The NFL doesn't suspend the 1st time...just a letter saying 'we caught ya - don't do it again'
He didn't learn from the first letter...not good

Trade him.What happens if he comes back and it becomes evident he isn't the same player?He has a case of the red ass with the organization so clean the slate and trade him.Do the Cards need this extra drama with a rookie HC and a rookie QB?
That's the problem now...we won't know till he gets on the field week 7....I'm sure Keim and the coaching staff have all his cone numbers and previous times...if he's got a huge drop off they'll trade him. His risk level was 0 ...not any more

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I agree. Imo it’s quite evident what his feelings towards the organization are & his former teammates are adding fuel to the fire! Badger tweeting out crap today

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the penalty for failing a third test? From what I’ve been reading a first failed test comes with just a warning. So this is his second one.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. Imo it’s quite evident what his feelings towards the organization are & his former teammates are adding fuel to the fire! Badger tweeting out crap today
Kills me how these guys become millionaires and then bash the organization. Ridiculous.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What did HB tweet?? I can't look he blocked me

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did HB tweet?? I can't look he blocked me

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Nothing, Bucky just does that stuff.

He said: "Stand with your dawg more so when times get hard, everybody plan to flee, not T."

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The cards took a big chance on HB and helped turn his life around in a lot of ways. Overpaid him essentially and now he’s bashing them because of Pedersons issue. Rather see HB just keep his mouth shut and provide his support behind the scenes. How quickly he forgets.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The cards took a big chance on HB and helped turn his life around in a lot of ways. Overpaid him essentially and now he’s bashing them because of Pedersons issue. Rather see HB just keep his mouth shut and provide his support behind the scenes. How quickly he forgets.

I didnt see him trash anyone today.

Well they kept a drunk why not keep a druggie
You think taking a performance drug is a druggie?