Patrick Peterson suspended for PED’s - Suspended 6 games

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow. PP21. Low character moves. I hope he turns things around, but I bet he's played his last in a Cards jersey.

If Michael didn't fire Meathead for putting peoples lives at risk I seriously doubt he will care if PEDerson is suspended for 6 games. PEDerson will still be a Cardinal unless he chooses to retire.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say this though: how many of us on this board would be willing to take Adderall or other PEDS if we knew it would allow us to play a sport that paid seven to $10 million a year? I’m not excusing it, but that’d be pretty tempting for me to do and I consider myself a pretty ethical person.
No doubt and most all players do I am sure. He just got caught.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Summary of his side story third party via Bickley:

Patrick was feeling sluggish after the season due to his Type 2 Diabetes

He sought out things to raise his energy level.

He tested positive for what he took.

He went to the team and asked for help since he didn't knowingly violate the banned substances

Team said no they can't do that. He is responsible for what he puts in his body

He asked that this not come out until after his charity event

It's released right before the event
This relationship is coming to a head.

I don't like that PP is throwing an accidental unknown added diabetic drug baned substance that he was supposedly unaware of.

Not buying that spin.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This relationship is coming to a head.

I don't like that PP is throwing an accidental unknown added diabetic baned substance that he was supposedly unaware of.

Not buying that spin.

yup. sounds like total BS and using his disability to cover for his cheating, which makes it even more unseemly.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I will say this though: how many of us on this board would be willing to take Adderall or other PEDS if we knew it would allow us to play a sport that paid seven to $10 million a year? I’m not excusing it, but that’d be pretty tempting for me to do and I consider myself a pretty ethical person.

I took a licensing exam last month and took unprescribed Adderal to increase energy and focus. Used it for studying, too. If I’m willing to do this for a test, i can’t say i wouldn’t do it in sports when there are millions of $$$ at stake.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He went to the team and asked for help since he didn't knowingly violate the banned substances

He didn’t knowingly take the drug??? Did he knowingly take the masking agent???

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I took a licensing exam last month and took unprescribed Adderal to increase energy and focus. Used it for studying, too. If I’m willing to do this for a test, i can’t say i wouldn’t do it in sports when there are millions of $$$ at stake.
They know what they're taking. They know.

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score

Whoop-Di-Do Patrick

It's your fault, you blaming baby!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He took the masking agent after finding out the substance was banned. Which is why the masking agent didn't work and was detected.

It's about the dumbest thing I can imagine but all the pieces align. I don't believe he intended to cheat but he is being dumb and selfish through the entire process

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sounds like a lame excuse

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timeline likely:

Peterson takes something
Someone tells him that substance is banned
He takes a masking agent out of panic
He gets drug tested and fails
Patrick goes to organization and wants his contract reworked to limit his liability
Organization says no it can't do that
Patrick says "Don't have this come out before my charity event"
It comes out before attempt

Unknowns and reasons for distrust -

Organization:
Is Patrick lying about why he took the substance?

Patrick:

Did whomever he talk to rat him out and that is why he got drug tested
Who released the suspension news despite what he requested

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the restructure:

What Peterson wanted isn't legal by the NFL. He would have to do an actual restructure and add years to the deal. That is what Brady did.

Peterson does not want to add years to his deal. He wants to be a free agent in two years.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's saying it was related to a drug he used for his type II diabetes. That's the spin.:confused:

Naturally....and yet he masked it instead of partnering with the NFL due to his diagnosis. He is only making it worse.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I will give my take, and it's simply my take. I am a distance runner and my running partner is a type I diabetic. He played college football and luckily did not get diagnosed till after playing ball. He is 55 years of age now, runs six miles a day and still has all his fingers and toes, eye sight and such but he has to be careful. Once when running he stubbed his toe and it was a scare because a injury like that for him could result in him losing his toe or more due to how his condition does not allot for recovery as in a normal person. My mother is type II, and as we know she has to be tested and have her eye's checked etc.. Now my mother does not have to take insulin but my running partner does due to his heighten condition. Type II still does affect when one is bruised or bleeding. Meaning this is not just about performance but the ability to perform with the injuries one can sustain playing professional football, the ability to simply recover

I do not fault Peterson because it appears he is simply doing what he has to do to keep playing and as some I believe have mentioned could now result in his possible retirement. He's responsible for breaking substance rules whether he felt he has a choice or not and I am not saying he should not be punished for breaking a league law, but I can understand why on his behalf. I am not mad at Peterson for wanting to be himself with his God given talent which his condition does not provide a even slate compared to the WRs he has to cover or the players he is expected to tackle. Funny how some call him a puss for not being a physical tackler when tackling a guy could result in a injury for him none of us would have to worry about. I am not mad at the Cardinal front office because they cannot accommodate his actions, as a organization they cannot be an accomplice to breaking something imposed by the league which they belong

I am bummed because he's one of the greatest corners to play the game and happens to be on my team I root for, and this seems to be what it takes for him to play now. I'm not mad at him or the organization... and his behavior I can forgive because I can only imagine what it must feel like not being able to be the best at something which might no longer be an option can make one lose their emotive control and lash out

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
On the restructure:

What Peterson wanted isn't legal by the NFL. He would have to do an actual restructure and add years to the deal. That is what Brady did.

Peterson does not want to add years to his deal. He wants to be a free agent in two years.

God bless the franchise tag

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA