Patrick Peterson suspended for PED’s - Suspended 6 games

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Patrick , my man, if your boss knows YOU are doing drugs in the first place , YOU are doing it wrong bro! All seriousness, he has really hurt his rep with this. If he had failed and been apologetic to the organization and the fans it would have been one thing, but to get all upset with the organization for his own failings is childish. never understood why these guys don't get out in front of these things. I mean he has known for a while this was coming why not speak about it prior to in being announced by the league?
Isn't his celebrity Golf Tourney this weekend?

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wonder why Edelman only got 4 games last year and Peterson gets 6.

Quoting Florio @ PFT:

The PED policy does not expressly provide for an eight-game suspension. A six-game suspension is imposed when a positive test result is accompanied by other misconduct. Also, a player can be suspended up to six games when a PED violation is proven via documented evidence unrelated to a positive test.

Misconduct? Hmm.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Quoting Florio @ PFT:

The PED policy does not expressly provide for an eight-game suspension. A six-game suspension is imposed when a positive test result is accompanied by other misconduct. Also, a player can be suspended up to six games when a PED violation is proven via documented evidence unrelated to a positive test.

Misconduct? Hmm.
Masking agent would be the other misconduct it seems.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quoting Florio @ PFT:

Misconduct? Hmm.

That refers to a “masking agent” I believe when it comes to the “misconduct”

Or as has been speculated maybe he was tatted out and someone gave documented proof.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Disappointing. However, it's not like we were going to win anything this year anyway. And Peterson is too good at a critical position to not try to work something out with him.

It's concerning, and he's been moving in the wrong direction the last 12 months. But the situation is still salvageable.

I thought we would beat Detroit and Seattle and lose the other 4 of our first six. Now I think we get one win instead of two.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That refers to a “masking agent” I believe when it comes to the “misconduct”

Or as has been speculated maybe he was tatted out and someone gave documented proof.

The second option isn't being ratted out.

It would be distributing or caught possession

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I will bet he will not take full responsibility and someone else will be blamed.

I wouldn’t have reworked his contract either.
he already has. gambo is reporting PP wanted to rework his deal in a way that he would lose less money during the suspension. cards said no, because common sense, and he threw a fit. he's a b****.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he already has. gambo is reporting PP wanted to rework his deal in a way that he would lose less money during the suspension. cards said no, because common sense, and he threw a fit. he's a b****.
I don’t blame the Cardinals at all for not renegotiating. It would almost look like they were condoning his behaviour.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh so he knew he was doing wrong and trying to cover it up to boot..... just wonderful.... Question is how long has he been doing it and will Father Time catch up quicker now that he’s been caught???

this is my question. he wasn't great last year, has never played the run and now believes he has to take PEDs to stay at the level he's still at. And he's just a complete bitch prima donna who wanted to quit on the team last year.

Throwing a bunch of money in an extension for that type of guy isn't smart.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This sucks, but maybe we win without PP and guys who would normally play as backups get some serious playing time / experience. Could be a silver lining.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is my question. he wasn't great last year, has never played the run and now believes he has to take PEDs to stay at the level he's still at. And he's just a complete bitch prima donna who wanted to quit on the team last year.

Throwing a bunch of money in an extension for that type of guy isn't smart.

Agree... I’d make him play his remaining two years or sit out. He’s no spring chicken and as you said feels the need to use enhancements in order to keep up.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When Brady was suspended for 4 games in 2017 the Patriots restructured his contract to where he only made $1 million in salary that year. The rest ($13 million) was converted to a signing bonus which was protected from forfeiting in a suspension.
Well when you consistently do team friendly deals it is not a stretch for them to do you a solid in that situation. PP doesn't warrant any such benefit based on his trade demand and other less than team friendly behavior. If the reports that he wanted the Cards to rework his contract and eat cash so he didn't have to and he was pissed at them for not agreeing- that would suggest that he is a true narcissist. He is no Larry Fitzgerald. Continues to tarnish his brand.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Someone said it earlier but I also think Tre Boston makes a ton of sense as Budda may be paying in the slot to start.

Tre and DJ would be a good compliment while Deonte Thompson gets used to the NFL pace of play.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Guys, stop with this nonsense that he should be traded. He's the best at his position in his twenties. If you trade him somewhere, especially, now, you get pennies on the dollar and he thrives on another team.

It'd be another blunder by Keim.
Oh please TJ stop with the “he’s untouchable” BS. Rip the C off his chest & make a statement to see how bad #21 wants to be in Zona

This is strike 2 against him in the eyes of his bosses. Who has been the best WR in football for 5 years? He kept pushing buttons on & off the field & guess what happened to him. Yes, he got shipped off for pennies on the dollar. It happens bro.

Hey Pat P is a helluva CB, but imo he still doesn’t maximize his efforts to help a Big Red win on the field. He loafs on PRs, he only tackles when he wants among other things. Demanding a trade & now this? When do you dump him & call a spade a spade?

Bottom line is you can’t keep hiking your leg on your franchise & not be dealt to get what you can get. I’ll personally be shocked if he gets another deal in Arizona when his contract is up. Tick tick tick.

Oh BTW this is ALL on Pat P nobody else!!!

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh please TJ stop with the “he’s untouchable” BS. Rip the C off his chest & make a statement to see how bad #21 wants to be in Zona

This is strike 2 against him in the eyes of his bosses. Who has been the best WR in football for 5 years? He kept pushing buttons on & off the field & guess what happened to him. Yes, he got shipped off for pennies on the dollar. It happens bro.

Hey Pat P is a helluva CB, but imo he still doesn’t maximize his efforts to help a Big Red win on the field. He loafs on PRs, he only tackles when he wants among other things. Demanding a trade & now this? When do you dump him & call a spade a spade?

Bottom line is you can’t keep hiking your leg on your franchise & not be dealt to get what you can get. I’ll personally be shocked if he gets another deal in Arizona when his contract is up. Tick tick tick.

Oh BTW this is ALL on Pat P nobody else!!!

To be fair I don't think he was ever getting another contract here. He would want to be overpaid like ALL big name CBs are when they get to their third contract. There's a reason why Richard Sherman isn't in Seattle anymore and its applicable to all CBs: new teams will overpay for a big name CB to shut up fans.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well when you consistently do team friendly deals it is not a stretch for them to do you a solid in that situation. PP doesn't warrant any such benefit based on his trade demand and other less than team friendly behavior. If the reports that he wanted the Cards to rework his contract and eat cash so he didn't have to and he was pissed at them for not agreeing- that would suggest that he is a true narcissist. He is no Larry Fitzgerald. Continues to tarnish his brand.
plus, deflating footballs for an advantage is a bit different than taking PEDs.