Kingsbury adapting offensive verbiage to match Oklahoma's offense

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Did you even watch the game?? They were still blitzing and pressing at the line in the blowout. Man y’all not even being rational at this point.

He's just saying that the AL game is not really a selling point for Murray, that's all Vacard, and that a lot of the yards and points came when both sides already knew the outcome (after it was 0-28).

Look man, I've watched the game about five times. OU's defense had zero chance vs. AL. Zero. It was truly embarrassing. If needed, AL could have scored 80 points. I'm not joking around one bit.

Sure, Murray and the offense got it within 11 a couple of times, but then AL would effortlessly score another touchdown to keep the game safely in hand.

Once it got to be 0-28? It really wasn't much more than a scrimmage. I give Murray credit for not quitting, and leading a brave (but doomed) comeback, but the sad truth is that everything he accomplished after 0-28 has to be discounted, at least a little.

With all that said, I think Murray will have us in the playoffs in 2020. I'm predicting our first Superbowl Trophy in 2021, and Kyler will be the game's MVP. :)

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Murray is great but not great enough to single handedly turn the tide of a program that is known for choking on the big stage every.single.time. He’s only human after all.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Murray is great but not great enough to single handedly turn the tide of a program that is known for choking on the big stage every.single.time. He’s only human after all.

I always have this theme song from this ole comical Saturday morning animation in my head when the Cardinals take the stage... and now I have Murray with his stature to be Diaper Man :)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Good think he came to a franchise known for choking :)

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
See, this is the nonsense.

It's either sarcasm about him being terrible, or he's the best player ever. So few people will admit questions about him. I'm normally a very rational, middle-of-the-road kind of person/poster, and it's frustrating to see people so glued to one side of amazement.

Don't get me wrong, from @Crimson Warrior, totally makes sense. He gets to continue his fandom and root for a player, in the same way I would have if say, N'Keal Harry were drafted here.

Plain as day, I can see the skillset in Kyler, but this battle keeps going over other question marks. I'm really going to do my best to stay out of it. That's only kinda working.

I'll admit, bad or good, I do Google search Kyler Murray once a day, seeing if there's anything going on. Not for negativity, just because this is one of our most intriguing offseasons ever.
I am clearly a big Murray supporter at this point, but I will absolutely admit that he has some question marks (sample size, effect of his height, how he handles adversity, etc). I just choose to believe what I see when I watch him on film and what I see from him on film is exceptional. I see a guy that has a strong arm and can make all the throws, was primarily a pocket passer last year and is absolutely electric when he does take off. I won't make sweeping statements about his future based on these things (like him being a future hall of famer), but I feel quite confident that he will be a good QB in this league based on what I have seen him do on film.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's your opinion. I disagree.

But what does Haskins have to do with this thread? Seems you and dvontel are obsessed with him and comment on him much more than I do. Don't think I've mentioned him since the draft, other than to respond to you guys.
Either Haskins will (1) will make the most of his abilities and develop into a well-rounded QB or (2) he'll become meh-plus at a whole bunch of things and contribute as a journeyman backup.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Oklahoma players around the nfl might have an advantage

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
After the learning curve Arians offense had because he refused to adapt anyone who is against this needs their head checked. Fairly certain that Andy Reid did something similar with Mahomes.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's the "go with the flow" head coach.. you adapt to your players, not the other way around. The easiest thing to do as a coach is to just jam your message and philosophies down the players throat.. I love this approach. An adaptable head coach who is willing to change.. who would have thought. Lol.

Bruce Arians said that is how he looked at it. No one cared that he did it. He Actually got praised for it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Bruce Arians said that is how he looked at it. No one cared that he did it. He Actually got praised for it.

But the Murray Derangement Syndrome Crowd are taking this as Murray being incapable of understanding an NFL offense, instead of a process that will streamline his mastery of the offense. Even Palmer struggled to adapt to Arians offense after having played in the NFL for a long time. Why not make the process easier??

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The level of insanity has just ratcheted up.... again. Is Murray too dumb to learn or WTH? Changing verbiage for 1 player??????

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The level of insanity has just ratcheted up.... again. Is Murray too dumb to learn or WTH? Changing verbiage for 1 player??????

Its a new system for the entire team so if he is just speeding up the QBs learning curve and giving everyone else the QBs previous verbiage, it works. I don't see an issue with it for now.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
But the Murray Derangement Syndrome Crowd are taking this as Murray being incapable of understanding an NFL offense, instead of a process that will streamline his mastery of the offense. Even Palmer struggled to adapt to Arians offense after having played in the NFL for a long time. Why not make the process easier??

I mean I railed against the Murray pick before it happened but this absolute makes sense. It especially makes sense because this is the first NFL offense KK has put / is putting together - so why not make the learning curve as uncomplicated as possible for your QB, no matter WHO the QB is. I have no idea how anyone can be against this. At all.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Kyler is 72-3 as a starter, cut the kid a break and start believing for once.
:mulli:
The Cardinals have rarely given us reason to believe. The year all of their decisions are waaaaaay off the map isn't the year I'm going to decide to start blindly believing. Stop the unicorns and rainbows stuff. This team was just the worst in the league.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean I railed against the Murray pick before it happened but this absolute makes sense. It especially makes sense because this is the first NFL offense KK has put / is putting together - so why not make the learning curve as uncomplicated as possible for your QB, no matter WHO the QB is. I have no idea how anyone can be against this. At all.
Actually, I'd think it would be very cool to use unorthodox means to make the offensive system easier to absorb by the players.

For once during the history of the Cardinal franchise, we'd be ahead of the curve.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Is it my imagination? Or is this board gradually morphing into the "Which of us can be the most bad-assed?" board?

Gamewise, the first bullet hasn't been fired yet.
LOVE This..... And I agree.

I wish the season would start already.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose