Who picks #1 next year?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Dolphins are going to be pretty bad...that front seven has no players. They're horrible at QB, and their offensive line was on par with the Cardinals last year.

And they just hired Steve Wilks. Flores is just a name; I think hes going to be Wilksian bad. A Patriots WR coach to call the offense? Patriots coaches have nearly uniformly failed outside of the bubble of Belichick.
I have no idea how bad the Dolphins will be but I do know this. No coach in the history of football could be as bad as Steve Wilks. Flores could not even show up the first 11 Sundays to coach the team & they would win more games than Wilks did. That was the worst display of football I've ever seen.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
C’mon man, not this stats thing again. You did the same with Cousins until you seen the light that he’s not good(I hope you don’t still think he’s good). He’s definitely not better than Palmer. Not even close.

Kind of like Cutler, Stafford has never been able to propel those around him on a consistent basis.
Ridiculous. Not only does Stafford have a better quarterback rating in his career than Carson Palmer, he's stayed healthier, and comparing them over the same time frame that Palmer was in AZ, Stafford led his team to 5 more total wins. (43 to 38)

Can't be better if you can't stay on the field.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Just go with 8-8, with a play or two here & there going our way could've been 10-6, that's what I convinced myself of lol. If we can get some depth through signings after training camp cuts, LB & DL, then I think we can surprise some teams.
Go look at the schedule, man. There will be maybe two teams all season we're considered the favorite against. And even that's a stretch.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't want this to turn into a Kyler thread. It's just an unfortunate truth that we're still very much contenders to be picking in the top 5 of the draft next year, since we have a ton of holes.
It's fortunately an opinion. :raccoon:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Go look at the schedule, man. There will be maybe two teams all season we're considered the favorite against. And even that's a stretch.
We swept the 49ers last yr & should've beat the "shehawks" at their place & we were beyond horrible last, yr now we have more talent lol. I'm just being optimistic man, hoping we have the record I mentioned, not really predicting it. I will predict one thing, we will be exciting/fun to watch this season, much more so than last season. 8-8, hell yeah I would take that.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ridiculous. Not only does Stafford have a better quarterback rating in his career than Carson Palmer, he's stayed healthier, and comparing them over the same time frame that Palmer was in AZ, Stafford led his team to 5 more total wins. (43 to 38)

Ehhh. Give me Carson Palmer any day over Stafford. I'd take my chances with his lesser stats.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
We swept the 49ers last yr & should've beat the "shehawks" at their place & we were beyond horrible last, yr now we have more talent lol. I'm just being optimistic man, hoping we have the record I mentioned, not really predicting it. I will predict one thing, we will be exciting/fun to watch this season, much more so than last season. 8-8, hell yeah I would take that.
The 49ers were running a mash unit, all the way down to their 3rd string QB. Their RB was basically a 4th stringer who played all year injured. That team out-talents us intensely. It's any given Sunday, especially in divisional football, but counting on wins is silly.

We might be more exciting, and I'll be happy with that, but our schedule is absolutely brutal.

What I'd like to see is for us to gel in the back half of the season and start to give some teams a real challenge. Unfortunately, the back half is brutal.

Our best chances at wins are the Ravens, Bengals, and NYG, but they're in that wonderful morning slot we so typically fail in. Going game by game, I can't feel any confidence about a win.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Ehhh. Give me Carson Palmer any day over Stafford. I'd take my chances with his lesser stats.
More power to you, but I'm just guessing you don't watch Lions games or something. Stafford's a damn good player. We have played him very hard though. He hasn't looked good against us.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
More power to you, but I'm just guessing you don't watch Lions games or something. Stafford's a damn good player. We have played him very hard though. He hasn't looked good against us.
Like another poster mentioned.. he reminds me of Cousins. No thanks. Good stats..but he doesn't have that "it" factor, for me at least. I've seen enough Stafford to know enough. Jmo though.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Like another poster mentioned.. he reminds me of Cousins. No thanks. Good stats..but he doesn't have that "it" factor, for me at least. I've seen enough Stafford to know enough. Jmo though.
More power to you, but I'd really love to know what players you think have an acceptable enough "it" factor to to qualify.

My guess at your answers is:

- Brady
- Wilson
- Mahomes
- Watson
- Rodgers
- Brees

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
More power to you, but I'd really love to know what players you think have an acceptable enough "it" factor to to qualify.

- Brady
- Wilson
- Mahomes
- Watson
- Rodgers
- Brees
Good job. But you forgot....

-Kyler Murray

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Lions have Bevell as their OC.

That offense is going straight to Hell this season.
This.

Not sure they made up for some defensive deficiencies plus their Head Coach is very odd.

Losing Cooter is a big blow imo. Plus, Stafford is having a horrible off season. I wouldn’t be surprised if he finally starts getting injuries that take him out for extended periods.

If it goes south....... It could get real bad, real quick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This.

Not sure they made up for some defensive deficiencies plus their Head Coach is very odd.

Losing Cooter is a big blow imo. Plus, Stafford is having a horrible off season. I wouldn’t be surprised if he finally starts getting injuries that take him out for extended periods.

Eh, Cooter sucks but Bevell isn’t really any better. Their offense is just looks extremely bland it’s wild.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

5 More wins in 20 more starts. A .250 winning percentage.

The king of bad arguments strikes again.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This.

I hate it when I lose cooter.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
5 More wins in 20 more starts. A .250 winning percentage.

The king of bad arguments strikes again.
Not playing means you're not good.

It's just like the Michael Vick argument that has gone on... sure, he looked dynamic, but what did he provide the Falcons with a season ending leg injury? What did Palmer give us by playing in the playoffs one out of five years? Nothing.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

- Brady
- Wilson
- Mahomes
- Watson
- Rodgers
- Brees

This is pretty devastating. It's a couple years old, but by my count, Stafford has gone 2-13 vs. winning teams since then, so nothing has changed. By this measure, Stafford has more of an "it" factor than Gabbert and Bortles.... but that's about it.
You must be registered for see images attach

Regarding Cousins, looks as though he has a similar "it" factor to Stafford. This was from December:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

...dbs

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not playing means you're not good.

It's just like the Michael Vick argument that has gone on... sure, he looked dynamic, but what did he provide the Falcons with a season ending leg injury? What did Palmer give us by playing in the playoffs one out of five years? Nothing.

Not playing means you're not good???

LOL

Last edited:

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As long as we don't know how the offense looks and how fast our QB can adapt to the NFL speed, the Cards are at the top for the #1 Pick 2020.

Miami, Jets (Gase), 49ers (a QB that gets injured every year ... oh Sam Bradford? no it is Garappolo), Raiders, Jaguars, Bengales, Broncos and the NYG are all in play as well.

Frontrunner for now maybe Miami but Cards, 49ers, Cinci and Giants are there as well and Raiders too, the Jets could be better off, but after that new circus, I'm not sold on them either.

And yes, we were the worst team in 2018 but, our Coach lost at least 2 games just by his dumb decisions and another game just because he didn't adept and got ... destroyed by the Raiders that didn't want to win.

The team with an adequate HC would have at least won 5 games and as soon as we see what Kyler Murray and Kingsburys Offense look like, and how our back to 3-4 D reacts, we damn sure will know where we are headed.

At the moment, we don't know nothing so we are one of the 9 Front runners and we will see who emerges and who will crumble.

And no even if the Camster doesn't play one game, the D of the Panthers is too good to loose 14 games with mediocre Backup QB play, 4-5 wins will be there mere minimum and that is a top 10 pick but not the #1 pick level of bad.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The 49ers were running a mash unit, all the way down to their 3rd string QB. Their RB was basically a 4th stringer who played all year injured. That team out-talents us intensely. It's any given Sunday, especially in divisional football, but counting on wins is silly.

We might be more exciting, and I'll be happy with that, but our schedule is absolutely brutal.

What I'd like to see is for us to gel in the back half of the season and start to give some teams a real challenge. Unfortunately, the back half is brutal.

Our best chances at wins are the Ravens, Bengals, and NYG, but they're in that wonderful morning slot we so typically fail in. Going game by game, I can't feel any confidence about a win.
Yet 2 of those 3 chances to win games may have just went out the window lol? PP21 is suspended for the Bengals & Ravens & comes back against the Giants.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson