Are Cards only team to ever start 3 different No.1 overall qbs in 3 seasons?

Lockjaw

Reaction score
2017 game 1 starter - Carson Palmer (2003 No. 1 overall pick)
2018 game 1 starter - Sam Bradford (2010 No. 1 overall pick)
2019 game 1 starter - Kyler Murray (2019 No. 1 overall pick)

I can't find any other team that has ever done this. The Eagles came close with Vick in 2013, Bradford in 2015 and Wentz (No. 2, not No.1 ) in 2016. but that was over 4 years and Wentz was not a No. 1 overall.

Another interesting note, with Drew Stanton on the Browns, he has now backed up 4 No. 1 overall drafted qbs (Stafford, Luck, Palmer and Mayfield).

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know people gonna hate , but I believe after all these decades , us OLD Cardinal Fans have got our Roger Staubach --- AKA Kyler Murray . I'm very excited about the 2019 season . Actually I believe Murray offers the Cardinals more than Roger The Dodger offered the Cowboys . To the other side ( Josh Rosen ) he got a raw deal , but a Team Decision is always a lot more than one player . Josh got trapped in the wreckage of what was a category 5 train wreck through no fault of his own . The truth is SK -- SW -- and MB , by midseason looked alot like Curly -- Larry -- , and Moe , but I give credit to SK and MB for not trying to wade through the wreckage , of course turning around and walking away put Rosen in a bad spot , but it was the best Team decision they could make . I believe we are much better off at this moment than we were 1 year ago , I'm not going to go into Wilkes and McCoy other than to say thats where the wheels left the rails . AS for as Coach double K , I believe he has alot more Sam Ratigliano ( AKA Riverboat Gambler ) than Riley had , and will show us all that Kyler Murray has to offer . I think Murray is a Player , has Savy , and will deliver . People can save this Post , and I will eat the Crow if I am wrong . One thing about us Old Codgers , we learn to trust that deep gut feeling , and i have that feeling about Kyler Murray . Cain't wait for Detroit !

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson