Kingsbury adapting offensive verbiage to match Oklahoma's offense

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Well, I’ve never said that Murray will be a failure. I’ve got serious questions about him being successful though.

Those concerns are size, ability to read NFL defenses, motivation, ability to process information, and relying on athletic ability.

My concern are more with Kingsbury than Murray. He’s proven to be a losing coach after replacing a coach at the same school who never had a losing record in 10 years prior to KK taking over.
And I wouldn't call you a hater for saying what you just said, but I would say that there are some legitimate Murray haters on this board.

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kingsbury reaching out to Riley is a good thing. Helps Murray with the transition to the NFL. Who wouldn't want that.
On another note, I've watched quite a few of OU's complete games (not highlights) and there are a number of examples of Murray changing plays at the line of scrimmage. So he did have the freedom to audible. No reason to be sceptical about him picking up the offense.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I’ve never said that Murray will be a failure. I’ve got serious questions about him being successful though.

Those concerns are size, ability to read NFL defenses, motivation, ability to process information, and relying on athletic ability.

My concern are more with Kingsbury than Murray. He’s proven to be a losing coach after replacing a coach at the same school who never had a losing record in 10 years prior to KK taking over.
This. So much for Murray to learn at this level.

I don't dislike Murray. I was not in favor of us drafting him, but since we did he is now the QB of my team so I will support him

It's impossible for me to anoint him a great QB when he hasn't done anything in the NFL yet.

KK had a losing record. What makes all these people think he knows how to lead a team to a winning record? Winning is something that a team has learn how to do. How to hold a lead, how to mount a comeback, how to make adjustments on the fly and many more things.

I'm in the wait and see how it works out before I start to compliment or criticize this team.

My hopes are up, but I don't have rose colored glasses.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think it’s hilarious that people who point out concerns about Murray are automatically haters and compared to Hitler.

Let me ask the Murray lovers, do you see ANY flaws, or potential flaws in his game? Or is he the perfect Qb?Because you sure do attack those that do.

Cue dvontel for an irrelevant Haskins comment.
He’s a, slow to process plays, midget, one-read-and-run QB with a passion for flashy plays over conservative football. Not to mention he has a stage dad of a father and the shortest arms in football history.

I’m surprised he wasn’t killed in college but these faster defensive players are going to kill him.

Wasted pick from a drunk at the wheel GM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
KK is basically the most hated NFL coach across social media right now. I am all for the already written off & college loser not following the same generic logic that gets played out every off season.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
He’s a, slow to process plays, midget, one-read-and-run QB with a passion for flashy plays over conservative football. Not to mention he has a stage dad of a father and the shortest arms in football history.

I’m surprised he wasn’t killed in college but these faster defensive players are going to kill him.

See, this is the nonsense.

It's either sarcasm about him being terrible, or he's the best player ever. So few people will admit questions about him. I'm normally a very rational, middle-of-the-road kind of person/poster, and it's frustrating to see people so glued to one side of amazement.

Don't get me wrong, from @Crimson Warrior, totally makes sense. He gets to continue his fandom and root for a player, in the same way I would have if say, N'Keal Harry were drafted here.

Plain as day, I can see the skillset in Kyler, but this battle keeps going over other question marks. I'm really going to do my best to stay out of it. That's only kinda working.

I'll admit, bad or good, I do Google search Kyler Murray once a day, seeing if there's anything going on. Not for negativity, just because this is one of our most intriguing offseasons ever.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I would still have doubts because he only played a single season against mostly marginal talent defensively.

It's funny, everyone puts all this stock into Murray syndrome crap but even someone who wants murray to be good but has reservations is immediately pounced on if my comments do not swing from the balls of the great one.

I was simply commenting on the quoted below:

Which is a bit of a weighted take considering that he was down 21 before he even did anything and even by the end of the first half, they were still down by 21. It's a lot easier to move the ball when you are down by 3 possessions, I dont care who you are playing.
Okay. It’s just that many doubters point to the Alabama game as the end all be all reason to fail.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Will you actually be cheering if, hypothetically cause in your eyes it isn’t possible, Murray goes 20 of 30 for 300 yds and 3 touchdowns on opening day?

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Whatever makes it work faster. KK is meeting Murray metaphorically half-way.

It's not about seeing if the guy can do it your way, or judging how smart it is, it's about hitting the ground running and getting the offense going as fast as possible.

Smart approach from our coach imo.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

QB1 posts a 73 QB Rating when pressured

QB2 posts a 143 QB Rating when pressured

I'd stay the hell away from QB1 and draft QB2

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
QB1 posts a 73 QB Rating when pressured

QB2 posts a 143 QB Rating when pressured

I'd stay the hell away from QB1 and draft QB2
Here's how relevant that stat is. This comes from PFF a couple years ago:

• Anyone surprised to see Josh McCown lead the league in most major categories under pressure? He topped the league in PFF Grade (+8.9), QB Rating (112.2), Accuracy Percentage (79.7%), and yards per attempt (8.6).

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Here's how relevant that stat is. This comes from PFF a couple years ago:

• Anyone surprised to see Josh McCown lead the league in most major categories under pressure? He topped the league in PFF Grade (+8.9), QB Rating (112.2), Accuracy Percentage (79.7%), and yards per attempt (8.6).

Why would you want a QB who was well below average against pressure on a team with a shaky offensive line?

I think Haskins is going to play 10 years + in the NFL....as a backup.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Why would you want a QB who was well below average against pressure on a team with a shaky offensive line?

I think Haskins is going to play 10 years + in the NFL....as a backup.
That's your opinion. I disagree.

But what does Haskins have to do with this thread? Seems you and dvontel are obsessed with him and comment on him much more than I do. Don't think I've mentioned him since the draft, other than to respond to you guys.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That's your opinion. I disagree.

But what does Haskins have to do with this thread? Seems you and dvontel are obsessed with him and comment on him much more than I do. Don't think I've mentioned him since the draft, other than to respond to you guys.

Actually you mentioned him in this thread and I'm having fun with it.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I guess. being down 21-0 and then 31-10, life becomes easier for the offense that is losing. it is natural, normal and common. they did get within 11 points in the third quarter catching up while down by 21 to start.

and even then, his completion rate was 50%. This game did nothing for my confidence in him playing vs NFL defenses outside of his ability to run against them.

I am optimistic that he will be good for us but his tough games in college (tiny sample size) do not scream that he will be dominant at the next level.

Alabamas QB though? That dude was a stud in that game.
How you going to anoint Tua as a stud against an AWFUL defense while doubting Murray who had a decent game against a spectacular defense??

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He did have a decent game, I simply took issue with "he hung up a ton of points on them" when he was WAY behind before it really happened.
Did you even watch the game?? They were still blitzing and pressing at the line in the blowout. Man y’all not even being rational at this point.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How you going to anoint Tua as a stud against an AWFUL defense while doubting Murray who had a decent game against a spectacular defense??

I said in that game, he was a stud. I am not making sweeping generalizations on the talents of a quarterback based on the single game.

Did you even watch the game?? They were still blitzing and pressing at the line in the blowout. Man y’all not even being rational at this point.

yeah. That means every player still was putting in the effort they would have been if the game was close or they were down. right.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Actually KK said there's only some verbiage he will use from Riley. I think this will be for the same or very similar plays that Kyler ran successfully in college.