Insight into Management from Rosen on Rich Eisen Show

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Loves everybody in the building “except for one or two guys.” Only thing that irritates him is that Steve Keim still hasn’t talked to him since before the trade. Kliff called him a minute before the draft and then followed up with a call to see how he was doing the next day. Poor reflection on Keim. He reached out to Kyler to support him but has not heard back

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jesus... this makes me dislike #MillerKeim even more than I already did. The coach, who had pretty much zero relationship with Rosen was classy enough to call him on draft day and the next day to wish him luck. but the guy who drafted him, then dangled him out to dry for the entire lead up the draft can't even call and say "Hey Kid... good luck"?

That's lame man. Just freaking lame.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
jesus... this makes me dislike #MillerKeim even more than I already did. The coach, who had pretty much zero relationship with Rosen was classy enough to call him on draft day and the next day to wish him luck. but the guy who drafted him, then dangled him out to dry for the entire lead up the draft can't even call and say "Hey Kid... good luck"?

Agreed. What a bad look.

Rosen got screwed. Luckily his consolation prize is a couple million bucks, but man.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Loves everybody in the building “except for one or two guys.”

nobody comes out looking good here

as i posted in the other thread: you dont make a junior person deliver your bad news. thats weak

as for Rosen -- thats some petty passive aggressive stuff --

i get he feels wronged, but the "except for one or two guys" is a clear shot at Keim and Bidwill and unnecessary

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I seriously think that Keim does not give a damn. Once he pulled trigger on Murray it was already do or die for him this season.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Always gonna be a bad guy. SK could have called but it won't be the first time someone gets fired and don't get an explanation.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

as i posted in the other thread: you dont make a junior person deliver your bad news. thats weak

i get he feels wronged, but the "except for one or two guys" is a clear shot at Keim and Bidwill and unnecessary

This. He got paid, and they sent him somewhere he has a chance to start.

Taking shots at the organization over not calling him is weak sauce. Feeling it is fine, making it public, given the narrative around him, just reopened the questions about him and he has no one to blame for that but himself. Right or wrong, he's the one fueling the fire.

I wonder what he'll do if he doesn't beat out Fitzpatrick, or if the Dolphins draft a QB #1 next year.

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Agreed. What a bad look.

Rosen got screwed. Luckily his consolation prize is a couple million bucks, but man.

It’s like breaking up with a girlfriend via voice message (which I did once when I was 22 and still feel bad about). Just a cowardly move. Also, in the interview, Rosen threw praise at the Cardinals for minutes. Mentioned Keim in about 10 seconds.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
If PP continues to hold out and is eventually traded, I wonder what he will have to say about Keim. If Rosen and all of the other ex Cardinals are anything to go by, it won't be pretty at all.

Keim has made his bed this off-season, now he has to sleep in it and deal with the consequences that are coming.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
This. He got paid, and they sent him somewhere he has a chance to start.

Taking shots at the organization over not calling him is weak sauce. Feeling it is fine, making it public, given the narrative around him, just reopened the questions about him and he has no one to blame for that but himself. Right or wrong, he's the one fueling the fire.

I wonder what he'll do if he doesn't beat out Fitzpatrick, or if the Dolphins draft a QB #1 next year.

********.How much freaking trouble would it have been for the same guy who drafted him a year before to make a simple freaking phone call?Chickenshit move.I don't blame him for being a bit pissed.How many other 1st round picks did SK bail on after only 1 year because he was fascinated by the shiny new toyin the window?SK has given Nkemdiche 4 damn years.Cooper got several years.Chickenshit handling by SK.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
Dante, what consequences? Do you know something that the rest of us don't? Please share.

Not in particular, just speaking in general terms.

We all know that this is a make or break year for Steve Keim but this insight just adds more fuel to the fire IMO.

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

Coach Kliff came off looking good. He coached Rosen through the day of the draft, made the call (That the General Manager should have made) to Rosen before the draft and then followed up the next day with the call (That the General Manager should have made) to see how Rosen was doing. Keim drafted Rosen, not Kliff. YOU are the GENERAL MANAGER. YOU MADE THE DECISION THIS YEAR AND LAST. YOU MAKE THE CALL.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
********.How much freaking trouble would it have been for the same guy who drafted him a year before to make a simple freaking phone call?Chickenshit move.I don't blame him for being a bit pissed.How many other 1st round picks did SK bail on after only 1 year because he was fascinated by the shiny new toyin the window?SK has given Nkemdiche 4 damn years.Cooper got several years.Chickenshit handling by SK.

You're missing the point. He has every right to be privately upset, and what Keim did is exactly as you describe it.

Nevertheless, it's a private matter, and he just made it public.

The guy who has had questions right/wrong about just this sort of stuff.

He had a great going away video that soothed over the media and put humpty dumpty partially back together again. When it comes to anything about the Cards from now until he plays them next it should be two things. Good memories or no comment. Anything else is only a disservice to himself.

It doesn't matter if he said good stuff for 10 minutes or 10 hours about the Cardinals, it's the 10 seconds of bad that will be remembered and set the tone and be repeated.

I'm simply saying, it's not a good look for him, and it reinforces the previous narrative about him. He did wrong by himself and reinforced the negative narrative. Each time he does this, it cements it further and further.

I wish him well, but thinking ahead, if he doesn't make it on the Dolphins, stuff like this will give GM's pause on whether or not the juice is worth the squeeze. Especially if he takes a shot at the Dolphins on the way out or not beating out Fitzpatrick.

This situation may end up being neutral to his career, but stuff like this, can be detrimental. He simply shouldn't engage in it for his own sake. Nothing positive will come from this. Only neutral or negative.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
First...... He should have called him. Multiple times over the course of the draft process and then after he sent him packing. Total dick move, but I’m really not surprised. Keim doesn’t impress anyone at this point and I think he relishes playing the heel now.

As far as Rosen....... There is something there. Not to the level of Cutler or AB...... but I’m telling you,....... He has something that rubs people wrong.

In short, I think there is a level of culpability on both sides.

Best for all of us to just move on now because you can’t look good no matter what side your on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Ha! #MillerKeim!!

That’s pretty funny. I’m totally going to steal it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Actually it makes me dislike Rosen. He got $8 million in his account from the Cards. It's a business and he didn't produce. He got traded. Time to move on and stop the whinnying.

It’s not always about the money. Dude handled this thing professionally while Keim acted like a drunken teenager. Unless you disliked Rosen before, How can you even fault Rosen?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
You're missing the point. He has every right to be privately upset, and what Keim did is exactly as you describe it.

Nevertheless, it's a private matter, and he just made it public.

The guy who has had questions right/wrong about just this sort of stuff.

He had a great going away video that soothed over the media and put humpty dumpty partially back together again. When it comes to anything about the Cards from now until he plays them next it should be two things. Good memories or no comment. Anything else is only a disservice to himself.

It doesn't matter if he said good stuff for 10 minutes or 10 hours about the Cardinals, it's the 10 seconds of bad that will be remembered and set the tone and be repeated.

I'm simply saying, it's not a good look for him, and it reinforces the previous narrative about him. He did wrong by himself and reinforced the negative narrative. Each time he does this, it cements it further and further.

I wish him well, but thinking ahead, if he doesn't make it on the Dolphins, stuff like this will give GM's pause on whether or not the juice is worth the squeeze. Especially if he takes a shot at the Dolphins on the way out or not beating out Fitzpatrick.

This situation may end up being neutral to his career, but stuff like this, can be detrimental. He simply shouldn't engage in it for his own sake. Nothing positive will come from this. Only neutral or negative.[/QUOTE

After seeing the scumbag wifebeaters and childbeaters that GMs around the NFL sign to contracts and give lip service to "joe blow did his suspension and is cleared by the league" PR ******** why would a guy who gets ticked off about his treatment be a source of worry?
The narrative about Rosen has not proven to be true since he entered the league.As a fact several teammates publicly supported him.The Cards just proved again how not to deal with players again.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

I think at least one of them should have reached out to him though. They are the heads.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poor baby. My heart goes out to Rosen. Hopefully he can sip on a latte and ponder the moment as he sits under a tree at UCLA. Thoughts and prayers are with you Josh.

this issue ain't about Rosen. I could care less what it says about him because he's not a Cardinal. It's about our GM who just continues to look like a classless stooge.

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Poor baby. My heart goes out to Rosen. Hopefully he can sip on a latte and ponder the moment as he sits under a tree at UCLA. Thoughts and prayers are with you Josh.

It is Keim who hired Wilks, Signed McCoy and then drafted Bradford before TRADING UP to draft Rosen. Keim needs some serious soul searching between AA and probation meetings. CALL THE DUDE

Reactions: PJ1

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson