Anyone else nervous about next Tuesday?

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, but who can understand what he says? His mumbling is hard to decipher! :)

I would have been mad at pretty much anyone else...but how do you get mad at a 7'2" shot-blocking humanitarian who sounds like cookie monster? The man is a gem.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Someone here in the office also said it has been confirmed that NY has NOT gotten the 1st pick. Take it as you will. But it does seem to be a strange order to rehearse if it ISN'T the actual order.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Someone here in the office also said it has been confirmed that NY has NOT gotten the 1st pick. Take it as you will. But it does seem to be a strange order to rehearse if it ISN'T the actual order.
EDIT: Wait--what was the order last year? That may be what they are using.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yeah, but again it could easily just be a random generation from tankathon or a similar system.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
You guys are hilarious. This is not the order. It's just a rehearsal. From what I've read, the actual lottery takes place about an hour before we see it on television. Read the Pitman article on suns.com.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
You guys are hilarious. This is not the order. It's just a rehearsal. From what I've read, the actual lottery takes place about 1.5 hours before we see it on television. Read the Pitman article on suns.com.
I don't think any of us are really taking this all that seriously. We are just having some fun with it and passing the time.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Except basketball has 5 "active" players. The NBA lottery/draft is WAY more significant than in any other sport, imo.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are some sports pundits who think the Suns would be better served not getting the number 1 pick.

I cannot understand this type of thinking. With the number 1 pick there are invariable options including drafting the best player in the draft.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I know in the old days, hockey used to play guys like 5 minutes when teams were playing in a venue they were visiting once only for the year. That way fans could see players who might otherwise be rested.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
There are some sports pundits who think the Suns would be better served not getting the number 1 pick.

I cannot understand this type of thinking. With the number 1 pick there are invariable options including drafting the best player in the draft.
Idiots!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

this is so insane.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Honestly, if we don't get the first pick, I am pretty much indifferent to ending up with any pick 2 through 6. I know we could use Morant, but I am not so convinced he will be an impact guy that I am going to cry if we miss out on him. Williamson is the only guy worth getting excited about... or lamenting missing out on.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, if we don't get the first pick, I am pretty much indifferent to ending up with any pick 2 through 6. I know we could use Morant, but I am not so convinced he will be an impact guy that I am going to cry if we miss out on him. Williamson is the only guy worth getting excited about... or lamenting missing out on.

Morant, Garland, or White would seem better options than anything else we have at pg....right everyone?

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Honestly Morant probably helps this team more than Zion would , so I get why sports announcers say it, it'd be beyond stupid to pass on Zion, but no one should be upset with us if we get the franchise point guard which has eluded us for 8 years now.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Honestly Morant probably helps this team more than Zion would , so I get why sports announcers say it, it'd be beyond stupid to pass on Zion, but no one should be upset with us if we get the franchise point guard which has eluded us for 8 years now.

Hey if we drafted Zion I'm sure free agent PGs would give us a serious look

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm watching pre-lottery coverage on ESPN. It's very nerve wrecking. I just saw Zion decked out in a nice suit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave