What We Do in the Shadows (FX)

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Anyone seen this? Watched the first couple episodes, and so far it's hilarious.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never seen the movie, but I think the show is really funny

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I've never seen the movie, but I think the show is really funny
Tried watching movie. Couldn’t get through it. The show is hilarious. Season one episode 7 with the tribunal is awesome if you recognize all the members of the tribunal and the references they make.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Tried watching movie. Couldn’t get through it. The show is hilarious. Season one episode 7 with the tribunal is awesome if you recognize all the members of the tribunal and the references they make.

I loved the movie and have been watching the show but have been on the fence so far. Episode 7 was fantastic though. At first I thought it might have been the season finale with all the cameos and with the original writers/director taking over for this one but it looks like there are a few more left.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might check this out. Never heard of it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Anybody catch the finale of season 2? The show just keeps on delivering. Funniest thing on tv right now and by a big margin.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody catch the finale of season 2? The show just keeps on delivering. Funniest thing on tv right now and by a big margin.

i loved this season, but was a little let down by the Finale. They raised the bar too high with last seasons ridiculous Vampire council cameos.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
i loved this season, but was a little let down by the Finale. They raised the bar too high with last seasons ridiculous Vampire council cameos.
I can see that. But I am so intrigued by Guillermo the Vampire Hunter. And Nandor's line delivery is spot on in every scene.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tape it and watch it twice. Once with subtitles and later without. It is hilarious and the drop lines are the best.

OP
OP
AsUpRoDiGy

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Just finished season 2 ep 10. If you don't like to laugh... don't watch this show!

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score

Haha, not sure if the triple post is an inside joke about the show or if you really don't agree with me.

He MUST mean the style. The humor is MUCH more subversive than the Office ever was.

Exactly. Fake documentary (they even speak directly to the camera and he explains that it's a film crew), the deadpan humor, and how they continuously drop funny lines that almost seem unintentional.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha, not sure if the triple post is an inside joke about the show or if you really don't agree with me.

Exactly. Fake documentary (they even speak directly to the camera and he explains that it's a film crew), the deadpan humor, and how they continuously drop funny lines that almost seem unintentional.

Posting glitch 101 for me. If at first it doesn't post... try try again. :) :doofus:

I saw an interview with the cast members and directors/producers. They emphasized the huge factor of improv that goes into the final production. The editors have a ton of editing out to do when the crew breaks up in the middle of an improvised scene.

BTW... WWDITS is a New Zealand made art comedy.

https://nerdist.com/article/what-we-do-in-the-shadows-episodic-comedy/

PS... it is up for an Emmy. Jackie Daytona will be present.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Season 3 is here, and it's just as hilarious. The comic timing is just incredibly good with this cast.

Heavy dose of Colin Robinson in the first two episodes, and FX has completely loosened their censoring -- f-bombs are all over the place especially in episode 1.

This and Ted Lasso are the two best comedies airing right now, bar none.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Season 3 is here, and it's just as hilarious. The comic timing is just incredibly good with this cast.

Heavy dose of Colin Robinson in the first two episodes, and FX has completely loosened their censoring -- f-bombs are all over the place especially in episode 1.

This and Ted Lasso are the two best comedies airing right now, bar none.

I kinda felt like Colin Robinson was almost a completely different character in episode 1 of Season 3.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I kinda felt like Colin Robinson was almost a completely different character in episode 1 of Season 3.
I see what you mean, he seemed the most aggressive he’s ever been. He reverted back to normal a bit in episode 2.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love this show. My own little inside joke my Moms contact photo in my phone is Colin Robinson.

that Jackie Daytona episode is pure gold

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to see the pilot. It was...okay. A few laugh moments, a few good setups, but nothing nearly as good as the original.

Now I have Hulu for free for a while now, and the two shows I got it for aren't doing much for me. Ah well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose