Who picks #1 next year?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Can we get over this stuff? KK is the HC, we took the best QB in this class with the 1st pick of the draft, which is common sense if you don't have a proven franchise QB. Bosa isn't a generational talent by any means, Quinnen is a freak but interior DL isn't a premium position.

You don't know that Murray will be anything other than Flutie 2.0.Being a Murray ass kisser doesn't mean he will be a star.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
No matter what they won't do that. It's one thing to go QB top 10 in back to back years but entirely another to go back to back top 6. Also, they would be able to trade out because more teams will want Tua than Murray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doesn't matter if they think Tua (or whoever they love) is a can't miss QB prospect. Daniel Jones will get to play, because Eli will suck eventually, and if he looks Roseneque as a rookie, picking a QB at #1 could make sense. Who would've thought a year ago that Rosen would be gone by now?

Daniel Jones was taken with just one pick. We actually gave up 3 picks for Rosen. Bottom line, don't rule out the Giants going QB again if they pick #1.

Last edited:

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm sadly going to say us. Next up are the Dolphins I guess, but the AFC is bad enough that they'll sneak their way to some wins. NYG are my next bet.

No way free agency and the draft, with a new solid coaching staff, Cards are gonna be fun this year. Lots of talent

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I agree they're third or fourth, but would anyone be really shocked if Trubisky regresses, Kirk Cousins just can't get it together, and the Packers haven't done enough to put pieces around Rodgers? I wouldn't put money on it, but I wouldn't be shocked.

Hell, on paper, I don't know how you don't say they're not better than us week 1.

As for Denver, I'm not seeing it. Lindsay is a legit RB, and Flacco is solid if unspectacular. I'm with you on the Jags, but think they still find a way. That defense should rebound.

When one has a QB like Rodgers anything is possible, but they might not be the worst, though I see head coach Matt LaFleur being a train wreck and in my opinion far less qualified than Kingbury and being completely unable to have any authority with Rodgers and his influence

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Also, I'll add why I think we have contention for the #1 spot... I think this offensive line gets Kyler hurt at some point and we are stuck playing Brett Hundley for an extended period. I'm not rooting for this to happen in any way, I just don't know.

The OL is the most confounding thing on this team. There wasn't really a point in the draft besides maybe Cody Ford where we really could have upgraded, but we have so many guys that are just meh. The only long term hope I have for any of them is Mason Cole.

It's members of the OL getting hurt which is the most concerning aspect of this offense functioning. This team needs to field five guys which will be able to establish some kind of continuity. I have complete faith in Sean Kugler to give us a cohesive unit but he needs that unit to stay together

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Raiders didn’t help their cause with this bizarre draft

Using two 1st rounders on non premium positions doesnt help much.

Jacob's would've been a nice pick in round 2 and Abrams is mostly a box safety. The Raiders need edge rushers in the worst way; trading up for Brian Burns should've been their play, since I see Burns as a 10 sack per year guy.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lions are pretty bad. They did little to improve in the off-season and their coach Matt Patriciais a head case.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Lions are pretty bad. They did little to improve in the off-season and their coach Matt Patriciais a head case.
Plenty of sources are pegging them as the most improved this offseason, so not sure what you're talking about. I'd trade our offense straight up for theirs right now. Two legit threats at WR, a proven, good QB, and two new TEs, including the best in the draft.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Plenty of sources are pegging them as the most improved this offseason, so not sure what you're talking about. I'd trade our offense straight up for theirs right now. Two legit threats at WR, a proven, good QB, and two new TEs, including the best in the draft.
I don't know. They were 6 & 10 last year and had a top 10 pick. Using it on TE, IMO doesn't make a lot of sense. But who knows, you may be right.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't know. They were 6 & 10 last year and had a top 10 pick. Using it on TE, IMO doesn't make a lot of sense. But who knows, you may be right.
Their biggest need is RB really, but they added CJ Anderson, and added 10+ players to fix things. They took the best available to continue to help out their QB. Hockenson will be a stud.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is Stafford actually #good & not just adequate?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't want to see him fail. I really don't. I've been watching all of the preseason stuff, working to get hyped up, working to get excited about KK... I have no vested interest in watching this team fail. I'm still gonna kill my body and sleep schedule for a quarter of the year flying down or driving to games and back all in one day. I'm still gonna yell louder than anyone in the stands. I'm still gonna spend my money.

I'm just not very confident in this direction, and while this draft class looks good, I don't think it's enough to have an immediate impact when it comes to wins and losses.
Just go with 8-8, with a play or two here & there going our way could've been 10-6, that's what I convinced myself of lol. If we can get some depth through signings after training camp cuts, LB & DL, then I think we can surprise some teams.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Take a look at his stats man.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StafMa00.htm

He's better than anyone we've had on this team since Kurt Warner, and even then, if he had been throwing to Fitz and Boldin...

If the rest of the team/coaching around him year-to-year didn't suck, he'd be fantastic.
C’mon man, not this stats thing again. You did the same with Cousins until you seen the light that he’s not good(I hope you don’t still think he’s good). He’s definitely not better than Palmer. Not even close.

Kind of like Cutler, Stafford has never been able to propel those around him on a consistent basis.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose