2019 2nd round pick for Rosen is Andy Isabella WR

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I would bet that Fitz is thinking hard about extending his career even longer so as to enjoy this new offense and be a part of something special.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really like the kid. Got a cousin that is just like him down to the quirky traits. He used to be long distance runner in high school & had to be tackled by teachers to stop running after passing finishing line. Let me say that this was in Africa where you going against kids that walk 20 plus miles ever day to just get to school.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Next Gen Stats‏Verified account @NextGenStats
The Cardinals' receiving corps got a boost when Arizona drafted 4 pass-catchers, including 2nd-round pick Andy Isabella.

Isabella had the highest overall Next Gen Stats Draft Score among this year’s group of WR, but was the 8th WR selected in April's Draft.

Powered by @awscloud
You must be registered for see images attach

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nothing Small How Andy Isabella Battled Against Big Schools
The bomb Andy Isabella caught against South Florida this past season is the one Spencer Whipple remembers, the 53-yard pass in which Isabella put his head down and sprinted to a spot before picking the ball back up, catching it and fighting his way in for a touchdown.

Ask the wide receiver himself, and it’s the 53-yard catch he made in The Swamp in the 2016 season opener – Isabella’s sophomore year at the University of Massachusetts – against Florida.

These are the plays that helped make Isabella a second-round pick of the Cardinals. Not so much that they were explosive, but for whom they came against.

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/nothing-small-how-andy-isabella-battled-against-big-schools

PitchShifter

The other Big Red
Reaction score
Bit more background on Isabella popped up on my You Tube feed. If he doesn't work out, it won't be for lack of effort.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He will definitely be a test subject for the analytics vs film scouts. Analytics love him. Scouting world is pretty lukewarm.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Zach Allen, who played against Isabella:

"He was our entire game plan, just trying to stop him, and I know for every team that scouted him, that was their game plan, and the fact that he was able to put up the numbers he did, it's not like he had another wr to take attention off, it's absolutely incredible. So I'm just lucky to have him on our side."

http://arizonasports.com/category/p...be0-aa49015dd876&sid=1015&n=Bickley+&+Marotta

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He will definitely be a test subject for the analytics vs film scouts. Analytics love him. Scouting world is pretty lukewarm.

This Cardinals draft is filled with guys that analytics love. If you follow PFF on Twitter, they say that nearly all the NFL teams pay for their service and that they see alot more information than the public get, and that even includes the public paid accounts.

I dont have an issue with this as long as it's being used to cross reference what the scouts think.

An example of this is Byron Murphy. His tape showed that he was the top corner in this draft and PFF loved him. His combine workouts were average, so scouts/teams that love workout warriors passed on him. I think this is going to be a mistake because from what I've seen, workout warriors rarely improve in the NFL.

PFF loved Murray, but alot of scouts had issues with his physical characteristics and small sample size. I've said it many times, but I think Murray is going to be an outlier, and I think he's going to be really good.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This Cardinals draft is filled with guys that analytics love. If you follow PFF on Twitter, they say that nearly all the NFL teams pay for their service and that they see alot more information than the public get, and that even includes the public paid accounts.

I dont have an issue with this as long as it's being used to cross reference what the scouts think.

An example of this is Byron Murphy. His tape showed that he was the top corner in this draft and PFF loved him. His combine workouts were average, so scouts/teams that love workout warriors passed on him. I think this is going to be a mistake because from what I've seen, workout warriors rarely improve in the NFL.

PFF loved Murray, but alot of scouts had issues with his physical characteristics and small sample size. I've said it many times, but I think Murray is going to be an outlier, and I think he's going to be really good.
I don't understand how teams continue to fall for "workout warriors" over guys that actually produced on the field in college at this point. We have seen far too many guys look amazing at the combine only to be busts in the league. Turns out that there is actually a pretty high degree of skill and IQ required in just about every position on the field, who knew..

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Former New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz went from an undrafted player to a Super Bowl champion in the span of two years.

So it's fair to say that the salsa-dancing superstar knows a thing or two about late-round or undrafted talent making a splash in the NFL. This year, the recently retired Cruz has his eye specifically on one 2019 second-rounder, who went 62nd overall to the Arizona Cardinals.

"His name is Andy Isabella," Cruz told AOL.com on behalf of DSW. "He's a player, man."
https://sports.yahoo.com/second-round-nfl-draft-pick-164500493.html

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Private red flag:

At the Combine, Isabella ran approx 4.6 on his first heat and then approx 4.5 the second time. There were a few comments by NFLN draft guys that Isabella boasted of 4.3? and 4.4? forty times earlier in the year.

Should we be worrying about forty times that are all over the lot. What's that all about?

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
Private red flag:

At the Combine, Isabella ran approx 4.6 on his first heat and then approx 4.5 the second time. There were a few comments by NFLN draft guys that Isabella boasted of 4.3? and 4.4? forty times earlier in the year.

Should we be worrying about forty times that are all over the lot. What's that all about?
Isabella running past UGA, UF and TENN CBs would suggest he is way faster then his combine 40...